Thread: Surefire/Laser Technologies 9N

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Surefire/Laser Technologies 9N

I have a legacy Surefire 9N I'd like to rebuild/upgrade.

The 9N just needs a new battery pack to function, but apparently they no longer make them. I've searched a couple forums and they have several homemade solutions, I'd like something plug and play it that is possible.

I'd also like to get an LED head if such a thing is possible.

This is primarily for auld lang syne, it was the first big belt carried flashlight I used on patrol.

I tried to rebuild an original slim body/non turbo head 6P several years ago and never could find an LED that functioned to replace the P60, so that might give you an idea of my level of expertise.

Any help would be appreciated.
    Patriotism means to stand by the country. It does not mean to stand by the President... - Theodore Roosevelt, Lincoln and Free Speech, Metropolitan Magazine, Volume 47, Number 6, May 1918.

Every Communist must grasp the truth. Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun. Our principle is that the Party commands the gun, and the gun must never be allowed to command the Party Mao Zedong, 6 November, 1938 - speech to the Communist Patry of China's sixth Central Committee

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Looks like Lumens Factory makes an LED conversion and someone else an 18650 battery adapter. See this thread.

https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink/top...ink_source=app

Or just a new battery.
    https://www.batteryspace.com/flashli...dl7lights.aspx

I used to carry a 9N on Patrol but the size and mechanics were just wrong for me and I went back to a SL20X. I still carried a 6P on my belt though.

Now I carry a crazy selection of lumen delivery devices!

Dennis.
    Last edited by Dennis; 05-25-20 at 20:44.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I had an 8X (I believe) years ago, it was a turd. I went through numerous batteries, like 5 or more, never had one that worked for long. Was the 9N reliable?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by LMT Shooter View Post
    I had an 8X (I believe) years ago, it was a turd. I went through numerous batteries, like 5 or more, never had one that worked for long. Was the 9N reliable?
    Yes, I found it to be. Greatest use was on vehicle stops - handier than the kel-lite or streamlight. Battery always lasted a shift.

We expect more today LOL - my cell at the time was in a bag.
    Patriotism means to stand by the country. It does not mean to stand by the President... - Theodore Roosevelt, Lincoln and Free Speech, Metropolitan Magazine, Volume 47, Number 6, May 1918.

Every Communist must grasp the truth. Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun. Our principle is that the Party commands the gun, and the gun must never be allowed to command the Party Mao Zedong, 6 November, 1938 - speech to the Communist Patry of China's sixth Central Committee

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dennis View Post
    Looks like Lumens Factory makes an LED conversion and someone else an 18650 battery adapter. See this thread.

https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink/top...ink_source=app

Or just a new battery.
    https://www.batteryspace.com/flashli...dl7lights.aspx

I used to carry a 9N on Patrol but the size and mechanics were just wrong for me and I went back to a SL20X. I still carried a 6P on my belt though.

Now I carry a crazy selection of lumen delivery devices!

Dennis.
    Thanks, this was very helpful, batteries inbound, going to hold off on the LED module until I see how the batteries work.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 26 Inf View Post
    I have a legacy Surefire 9N I'd like to rebuild/upgrade.

The 9N just needs a new battery pack to function, but apparently they no longer make them. I've searched a couple forums and they have several homemade solutions, I'd like something plug and play it that is possible.

I'd also like to get an LED head if such a thing is possible.

This is primarily for auld lang syne, it was the first big belt carried flashlight I used on patrol.

I tried to rebuild an original slim body/non turbo head 6P several years ago and never could find an LED that functioned to replace the P60, so that might give you an idea of my level of expertise.

Any help would be appreciated.
    Can't help you, but I do hereby grant you 10 M4C Cool Points for truly using and now resurrecting a classic.
    2012 National Zumba Endurance Champion
    الدهون القاع الفتيات لك جعل العالم هزاز جولة الذهاب