Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Help with 9mm 1911

Feedback Score
    My NHC Talon 9mm came with Tripp Research mags and they’ve worked well in that pistol as well as my Colt O1992. They are built up in the rear so the shorter 9mm case is in the right place to be reliably chambered.

Feedback Score
    EMP Concealed Carry Contour enhanced (EGW, Dawson, etc) by ZRTS in Noblesville Indiana.

Feedback Score
    Wilson Combat or Nighthawk Custom

YW0fxxF.jpg

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Thanks for the suggestions. Now to sell my Springfield and buy a 9mm.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Woollymonster View Post
    Wilson Combat or Nighthawk Custom

YW0fxxF.jpg
    Appears your recommendations are out of the question.

Feedback Score
    I bought a Ruger SR1911 light weight Commander size 9mm last year. Replaced the recoil spring, grips and had Novak put a taller front night sight on it. Reliable and accurate little blaster. A friend who can (and does) buy any gun he wants shot it and went out and ordered one for himself.

Plus you don’t need to sell your present 1911 to afford one.

Feedback Score
    58 (100%)
    The Dan Wesson 9mm (all actually) 1911's are, IMO, the best out of box for cost/value out there.
    There are no MIM parts in the DW's, barrel and extractor fit are passable to good- which are the Kiss of Death on 1911 function if half assed, fit/finish way above par for price point.

My background is; Master/Hi-Master in USPSA (pre Grand Master days) and NRA Action Pistol (Bianchi Cup). All shooting done with 1911's.

I currently own; Custom Colts by Don Williams and Jim Milks, Wilson and D.W. (3), all in 9mm.
    I carry a couple of (discontinued) Valkyrie L.W. Commanders in 9mm. With exception of minor trigger work ("True Radius" stone sear and reduce hammer hook height, clean up disconnect, bend/relieve tension on sear spring) and install F.O. FS all have been GTG.

Forgot to add; I run nothing but Metalform 10 rd. magazines, or the Dawson rebranded version with aluminum slam pads. This on carry as well as range/competition guns.

Last edited by gaijin; 06-01-20 at 07:56.
    A true "Gun Guy" (or gal) should have familiarity and a modicum of proficiency with most all firearms platforms.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by gaijin View Post
    The Dan Wesson 9mm (all actually) 1911's are, IMO, the best out of box for cost/value out there.
    There are no MIM parts in the DW's, barrel and extractor fit are passable to good- which are the Kiss of Death on 1911 function if half assed, fit/finish way above par for price point.

My background is; Master/Hi-Master in USPSA (pre Grand Master days) and NRA Action Pistol (Bianchi Cup). All shooting done with 1911's.

I currently own; Custom Colts by Don Williams and Jim Milks, Wilson and D.W. (3), all in 9mm.
    I carry a couple of (discontinued) Valkyrie L.W. Commanders in 9mm. With exception of minor trigger work ("True Radius" stone sear and reduce hammer hook height, clean up disconnect, bend/relieve tension on sear spring) and install F.O. FS all have been GTG.

Forgot to add; I run nothing but Metalform 10 rd. magazines, or the Dawson rebranded version with aluminum slam pads. This on carry as well as range/competition guns.

...LOL...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12