Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Better duty rifles in current production?

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Troutrunner View Post
    I voted with my wallet by grabbing the Centurion 12.5. Fit my needs and by my eye is very well built. Smooth shooter.

Nice, very nice. Another great example of what Centurion Arms can do. That 12.5 length is extremely appealing to me.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    These were two earlier rifles that fit the hard use category, an LMT STD16 and a BCM BFH 16 with Centurion 9" hand guard. Now days I'd select one with an extended mlok instead of the M4 FSB, but either is a great starter rifle.
    Last edited by LMT/556; 05-30-20 at 07:20. Reason: corrected hand guard

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by LMT/556 View Post
    These were two earlier rifles that fit the hard use category, an LMT STD16 and a BCM BFH 16 with Centurion 12.5" hand guard. Now days I'd select one with an extended mlok instead of the M4 FSB, but either is a great starter rifle.
    I’d take the LMT as is
    "Bones Heal, Chics Dig Scars, Pain Goes Away"

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveL View Post
    I'm pretty sure they fixed the MK18 gas ports, but I don't know about the rest of their guns.

Personally DD doesn't impress me much any more. Granted, it's been a couple of years since I had occasion to tear one down, but the last couple I remember messing with had very poor staking on the castle nuts and no grease whatsoever on the barrel nuts. I couldn't help but think there were corners cut during assembly.
    What I DIDN’T like about DD was over-gassed. Not a fan of their mlok/kmr either.

What I DO dig about DD is they make their shit, the parts that matter CHF bbl, ect , in house.
    "Bones Heal, Chics Dig Scars, Pain Goes Away"

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    They’ve reduced all of their gas ports I believe. The URGI I briefly had was pretty tame and my new MK18 upper is as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    Windham Weaponry. It's as close to Colt Defense as you can get aside from FNH. Their patrol models go on sale periodically: subscribe to their newsletter. I did a WW build using their parts last year, since they started selling receivers. I used an old Colt barrel I had purchased prior that was my only deviation. My friend has a WW build also and he loves it, the barrel is on par with a Colt SOCOM as far as accuracy goes. I'm a fairly experienced armorer and I really liked their LPK with basic trigger. I polished it with a ceramic stone and greased it with aeroshell and it's really crisp for a $70 LPK FCG. Very happy with Windham's parts. They are not as cheap as some others but worth it.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by R0CKETMAN View Post
    I’d take the LMT as is
    Don’t they come with semi auto BCGs?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by MWAG19919 View Post
    Don’t they come with semi auto BCGs?
    For a semi-auto rifle, does it really matter?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Core781 View Post
    Windham Weaponry. It's as close to Colt Defense as you can get aside from FNH. Their patrol models go on sale periodically: subscribe to their newsletter. I did a WW build using their parts last year, since they started selling receivers. I used an old Colt barrel I had purchased prior that was my only deviation. My friend has a WW build also and he loves it, the barrel is on par with a Colt SOCOM as far as accuracy goes. I'm a fairly experienced armorer and I really liked their LPK with basic trigger. I polished it with a ceramic stone and greased it with aeroshell and it's really crisp for a $70 LPK FCG. Very happy with Windham's parts. They are not as cheap as some others but worth it.
    1/9 twist and doesn't say if bolts are HPT, MPI, or Shot-peened. They also don't say anything about HPT or MPI about their barrels and are asking for Colt prices. I'd rather stick with the other brands.
    Last edited by CrabNSR; 05-30-20 at 05:26.
    Good work ain't cheap and cheap work ain't good.
    - Sailor Jerry

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sid Post View Post
    For a semi-auto rifle, does it really matter?
    Heavier reciprocating mass means generally more reliability, slower bolt speed, better parts longevity. It’s never made sense to me why LMT gets a pass on semi auto BCGs in their relatively expensive basic ass rifles

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast