Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Better duty rifles in current production?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by TomPenguin5145 View Post
    But how can you beat a rifle that it marketed as a "precision perimeter system". I mean it basically eliminates the need for officers at all. lol. :-D

Seems like a nice rifle tho.

https://www.knightarmco.com/12013/sh...pr-mod-2-m-lok
    I really like mine and it is a super nice rifle. With a street price of ~$2500 it is simply too much for many people. Some days at the range I feel like I'm someone dating a Super Model being hounded by Paparazzi or driving Ferrari / Lamborghini at the local watering hole with all the local high school boys and girls drooling over it.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Robisten8 View Post
    I own both of the Geissele Super Duty LE versions, 16" and pistol (is now living life as an SBR) and couldn't be more impressed with the quality. IMO, Geissele is offering the best deals to credentialed Officers right now. No other company is even close to their LEO deals. The 10.3" will be my patrol rifle as soon as our range opens back up and I take care of qualifying with it.

https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread...al-impressions
    Quote Originally Posted by kyjd75 View Post
    Centurion Arms should be a definite brand for you to consider. I have some experience with them, as I own a 11.5 SBR made by them, as well as several of their lowers that I am using on other brand uppers (primarily Sig 516 and MCX Virtus). They produce a high quality rifle at a fair (not inexpensive, but also not KAC) price. The owner, Monty LeClair has tremendous experience in the AR arena as a Navy Seal sniper and also as the Navy's senior enlisted representative at the Navy Surface Warfare Center at Crane, Indiana. He sources most of his barrels from FN to his specs. In addition, the customer service provided is unbelievable. Monty's wife, Corrie, handles most of the communication for orders, follow-up, and questions, problems, etc. Although they have a semi-custom design form on their website for their rifles, you can pretty much get it built anyway you want by talking with them. I just can't recommend them enough.
    Thanks! Both of those options sound awesome! If I was back in the market without my current rifle, it sounds like either option would be a great choice. Perhaps someday I will see one in person.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Centurion Arms 11.5: Awesome SBR rifle.

fullsizeoutput_29c8.jpeg
    Last edited by kyjd75; 05-26-20 at 18:35.

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ST911 View Post
    Next on my get-list is Centurion's AMTAC collaboration, here: https://www.centurionarms.com/AMTAC-.../amtac-rfl.htm
    I’m digging this one. At 6.1LB with gov profile bbl that’s light. Perhaps a lw bbl...
    "Bones Heal, Chics Dig Scars, Pain Goes Away"

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ST911 View Post
    Next on my get-list is Centurion's AMTAC collaboration, here: https://www.centurionarms.com/AMTAC-.../amtac-rfl.htm
    Quote Originally Posted by R0CKETMAN View Post
    I’m digging this one. At 6.1LB with gov profile bbl that’s light. Perhaps a lw bbl...
    I've gone back and forth on my thinking between the gov and LW profiles for these configurations. I don't care for extra weight, but with the comps and well balanced gas you can shoot harder with a little less wander.
    2012 National Zumba Endurance Champion
    الدهون القاع الفتيات لك جعل العالم هزاز جولة الذهاب

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Complete rifles, LMT MRP in any variant you want. For a lighter more customized version I always buy complete LMT lowers (any flavor the new ambi stuff is nice) and roll my own upper, usually BCM upper receivers, LMT tactical charging handles, BCG usually follows the barrel makers as I've typically ordered barrels with fitted bolts. Geissele SSA triggers are pretty much my go to, I've used and really like Noveske LoPro SS barrels, have a nice Centurion RECCE and PRI rigs. Had some bugs here and there but they all shoot great.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Sid Post View Post
    The Geissele LE rifle for $850 looks like a really solid deal for someone with law enforcement credentials.
    Yes, but be aware the LE Super Duty (sku 08-184B) is significantly different than the standard Super Duty (sku 08-188LB). Not saying that at $850 it's not a great buy but don't think you are getting the standard Super Duty for that money.
    Just sayin'

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by pcar157 View Post
    Yes, but be aware the LE Super Duty (sku 08-184B) is significantly different than the standard Super Duty (sku 08-188LB). Not saying that at $850 it's not a great buy but don't think you are getting the standard Super Duty for that money.
    Just sayin'
    Without digging to deep the rail and trigger look to be the difference (geissele vs alg offerings).

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by LMT/556 View Post
    Without digging to deep the rail and trigger look to be the difference (geissele vs alg offerings).
    Barrel, handguard, BCG, trigger among others. Specs for each are well defined on the Geissele site.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by pcar157 View Post
    Barrel, handguard, BCG, trigger among others. Specs for each are well defined on the Geissele site.
    Yeah I saw that hammer forged vs CMV CL, BCG, etc. I find it odd the ALG version is LEO only. It really does not matter to me, while I like Geissele products they are late to the game (and yet made the smart move to direct sell with financing options.) I'll watch where it goes.

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast