Thread: Quality 12 gauge training/dummy rounds?

IL (formely the worst damn state in the nation, but no more. Thank You New York.)
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Quality 12 gauge training/dummy rounds?

Looking for 12 gauge DUMMY/TRAINING ROUNDS. Prefer the following characteristics:

- correct dimensions
    - similar weight to live round
    - “brass” that isn’t overly soft and prone to being easily/rapidly deformed.
    - cushioned primer
    - FWIW, will be used in a Beretta 1301 Tactical

TIA

geezer john
    jmoore (aka - geezer john)

"The state that separates its scholars from its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards, and its fighting done by fools." Thucydides

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I picked up a box of the Fiochi Action Proving Dummy Rounds from Midway a couple of years ago. They’re pretty solid and haven’t cracked or deformed from periodic dry practice. They have the correct dimensions and appropriate weight. I also use mine with a 1301.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ruckusjuice View Post
    I picked up a box of the Fiochi Action Proving Dummy Rounds from Midway a couple of years ago. They’re pretty solid and haven’t cracked or deformed from periodic dry practice. They have the correct dimensions and appropriate weight. I also use mine with a 1301.
    I'll second that, the Fiochi's are the only ones I could find to replace the old Brownell's action proving dummies.
    Patriotism means to stand by the country. It does not mean to stand by the President... - Theodore Roosevelt, Lincoln and Free Speech, Metropolitan Magazine, Volume 47, Number 6, May 1918.

Every Communist must grasp the truth. Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun. Our principle is that the Party commands the gun, and the gun must never be allowed to command the Party Mao Zedong, 6 November, 1938 - speech to the Communist Patry of China's sixth Central Committee

IL (formely the worst damn state in the nation, but no more. Thank You New York.)
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Thanks!

geezer john

"The state that separates its scholars from its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards, and its fighting done by fools." Thucydides

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by jmoore View Post
    Looking for 12 gauge DUMMY/TRAINING ROUNDS. Prefer the following characteristics:

- correct dimensions
    - similar weight to live round
    - “brass” that isn’t overly soft and prone to being easily/rapidly deformed.
    - cushioned primer
    - FWIW, will be used in a Beretta 1301 Tactical

TIA

geezer john

>>https://www.dryfiresnapcaps.com/prod...snap-caps-12ga<<

I just received a box (9) of these yesterday in the mail (QUICK service!!!!). I haven’t used them, but these appear to be everything I was looking for! Will keep everyone updated on how they perform (some training rounds are known for not functioning well in some semi-autos - I’ll be using a Beretta 1301T.)

geezer john

Feedback Score
    82 (100%)
    I’ll be ordering some of the Fiocchi rounds. I currently use the Snap Cap version. They’re okay, but expensive and they’re already getting tore up.

Feedback Score
    I also use Fiocchi rounds.

Feedback Score
    Cool.

The ones I use do get chewed up pretty quick. I forget the brand but they are orange and white. (Hull is white)