Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Rifle Setups for my Family

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    My wife has been essentially pregnant or nursing an infant since late 2017. She doesn't carry any more because she can't conceal while pregnant or while carrying an infant. Luckily she is a stay at home mom and doesn't go out and about without me. She used to shoot a lot prior to 2017 and is very comfortable with a Glock. Ultimately my second G19 is just her house gun and my backup carry gun. I don't get super worried about wear and tear on Glocks. I just replace them every 4-5 years.

My upper order with BCM hadn't shipped yet and when I contacted them about altering it they said they would just cancel it in full so I could reorder what I wanted. I just reordered two of the 16" complete uppers instead of the three I initially had.

I also was able to find two MROs with lower 1/3 mounts for $400 and ordered them. For some reason MROs are about out of stock everywhere. I think they are great for close up stuff, but like I said before I had some parallax issues with one prior when out at extended range. I'm not going to worry about that for this case.

I'm returning the Troy sights to Brownells and just going to run the MROs stand-alone for now.

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    Wisdom.

I’m also with you on the wife situation, but since early ‘16. Immense respect for what women go through for a family. She doesn’t shoot, but balances three small kids while rebuilding our kitchen cabinets. Again, immense respect.

Feedback Score
    41 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by grizzlyblake View Post
    My wife has been essentially pregnant or nursing an infant since late 2017. She doesn't carry any more because she can't conceal while pregnant or while carrying an infant. Luckily she is a stay at home mom and doesn't go out and about without me. She used to shoot a lot prior to 2017 and is very comfortable with a Glock. Ultimately my second G19 is just her house gun and my backup carry gun. I don't get super worried about wear and tear on Glocks. I just replace them every 4-5 years.

My upper order with BCM hadn't shipped yet and when I contacted them about altering it they said they would just cancel it in full so I could reorder what I wanted. I just reordered two of the 16" complete uppers instead of the three I initially had.

I also was able to find two MROs with lower 1/3 mounts for $400 and ordered them. For some reason MROs are about out of stock everywhere. I think they are great for close up stuff, but like I said before I had some parallax issues with one prior when out at extended range. I'm not going to worry about that for this case.

I'm returning the Troy sights to Brownells and just going to run the MROs stand-alone for now.
    I hope it works out for you. My concern is your earlier posts about not liking MROs due to their parallax issues. I think you may be better off with an Aimpoint ACO, or PRO.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I really don't like the weight and size of the big Aimpoints.

Like I said, the issues I had with the MRO was at extended range benched for precision. Also, since I had read about it I was forcing the parallax by shooting from the extreme edges of the viewing window. I'm not saying it's all of a sudden not an issue, but for the use case of these rifles I'm not going to worry too much about it. My T2 is significantly better, but at this juncture I don't want to pay for two more T2s.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Renegade04 View Post
    For good quality and reasonably priced optics, I would recommend either the Trijicon MRO (preferred), the Aimpoint PRO, or Aimpoint ACO. For BUISs, you may want to consider the Midwest Industries Combat Rifle Sights. At $149.95, they are good quality and a great buy. That still leaves you about $450 for a nice optic on each AR.

https://www.midwestindustriesinc.com...mi-crs-set.htm

Thank you for typing out my thoughts, it is very appreciated. The MI newer sights are great. If all of my weapons had Aimpoint PROs I would be more than satisfied. I could say the same about the MRO.
    Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Flickr Tumblr Facebook Instagram RECOILMAGAZINE OFF GRID RECOIL WEB

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Stickman View Post
    Thank you for typing out my thoughts, it is very appreciated. The MI newer sights are great. If all of my weapons had Aimpoint PROs I would be more than satisfied. I could say the same about the MRO.

Looks like there is more info added and the original post was never updated.

The MROs should satisfy you quite nicely.
    Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Flickr Tumblr Facebook Instagram RECOILMAGAZINE OFF GRID RECOIL WEB

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)

I think that's a smart move my friend. I'm a believer in having BUIS though, and I found this set of folding BUIS this morning while looking through my parts bin for something else. I don't remember who makes them, and they're nothing special, but they're yours if you want them. They can get you by on one rifle until you can get some better ones. Just PM me your address if you'd like them.

Attachment 62614

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Man, I truly appreciate the offer. Incredible gesture.

Please don't take this as an insult, but I'd rather those go to someone who absolutely can't afford them. For me it's just being a miser with my money.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Man, I truly appreciate the offer. Incredible gesture.

Please don't take this as an insult, but I'd rather those go to someone who absolutely can't afford them. For me it's just being a miser with my money.
    None taken.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Hammer_Man View Post
    Personally I'd buy Aimpoint PROs for each. I know they are significantly more expensive than the Vortexs, but I'm a firm believer in the Aimpoint Koolaid.
    This. I would rather pay 3X for the PROs and save the 6 for BUIS. WML for each, same controls.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast