Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What is the best trail cam?

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)

What is the best trail cam?

Also, do the camera’s make a flash ?

We have guys breaking into our hide stealing stuff. I want photo’s of the cocksuckers

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Budget and do you want/need instant access from cell phone/computer with a cellular connection?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "The most important rule in a gunfight is: Always win and cheat if necessary." ~ Clint Smith

Feedback Score
    If you don’t want to check it very often or get the picture sent to your phone. I have been using spy point cellular. It gives an idea on what it around.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    My biggest concern is not getting it stolen by the guys stealing my other shit. So I bought a Bushnell no flash unit.

Trophy Cam HD No Glow Trail Camera, Brown, 20MP

Does that have telephone capabilities ? Have not studied it much.

What does remote access involve?

PB
    Last edited by Pappabear; 05-26-20 at 16:04.
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    The Buckeye system works well and has good wireless transmission but is large and expensive. I have several Bushnell Trophy Cams and they work well also, albeit without the instant transmission capability. They flash a very low red glow at night. I have pics of other hunters at dawn and dusk- some are looking directly at the camera as if they see the flash, others are not.

Around here some folks will place a second camera watching the first in case of theft. I suppose two cheaper cameras might still be cost-effective.
    Last edited by gunnerblue; 05-26-20 at 18:50.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

It would definitely be a good idea to have a secondary camera.

Ones that have the ability to be connected through your cell phone plan or use a SIM card will have an app for your phone and a website. Which allows you to have access to the pictures when something happens and if they steal it you will still have the photos online.

Is your main goal to catch them or to scare them off. Because there are some pretty cool trip wire options out there

Last edited by zombiescometh; 05-26-20 at 20:19.
    "The most important rule in a gunfight is: Always win and cheat if necessary." ~ Clint Smith

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by zombiescometh View Post
    Is your main goal to catch them or to scare them off. Because there are some pretty cool trip wire options out there
    Not a bad idea. But sometimes other guys who are allowed on the property will shoot at our spot.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by zombiescometh View Post
    It would definitely be a good idea to have a secondary camera.

Ones that have the ability to be connected through your cell phone plan or use a SIM card will have an app for your phone and a website. Which allows you to have access to the pictures when something happens and if they steal it you will still have the photos online.

Tell us more about the trip wire

PB

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Pappabear View Post
    Tell us more about the trip wire

PB
    https://triggercannons.com/product/1...-alarm-silver/

https://fithops.com/

Uses 12 gauge primers

Last edited by zombiescometh; 05-27-20 at 14:02.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    I already have two of those kits that fire 12 ga blanks.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast