Page 12 of 30 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread: MMC Armory (Minnies Machine Company) Gov Contract 14.5” Socom Barrels

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by sig1473 View Post
    Centurion just released CHF 14.5" Socom barrels for $275......
    Just bought 2 of those before I checked this thread.....
    “I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery.” – Thomas Jefferson.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post

Great looking rig.
    “I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery.” – Thomas Jefferson.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jsp10477 View Post
    Great looking rig.
    Thanks. It's a temporary set up with the borrowed scope and bipod for accuracy testing.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Brownells has 14.5 colt SOCOMs in stock at the moment too FYI

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by jpmuscle View Post

They didn't two days ago, hopefully Colt is ramping back up.
    Gettin' down innagrass.
    Let's Go Brandon!

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 26 Inf View Post
    Boy these 'bargains' are getting out of hand.

Already spent 12.95 for a delta ring and 34.95 for a BCM A2X flash suppressor.

Tonight I went out to install the delta ring and then put the barrel into the receiver. No problem, looked in the gas tube bin, several mid-lengths and rifles, no carbine gas tubes. In addition, I checked and found out the handguards I was going to put on it (Magpul MOE SL MLOK) are mid-length not carbine.

So, I got to thinking, I don't have and extra stock laying around either. So I ordered a Magpul MOE SL stock and handguards, plus the gas-tube (two in order to have a spare) so I'm out another $126.00 with shipping and tax.

So far this little adventure is costing me a little more than I planned. Oh, well. I'll have another carbine length M4ish rifle, so that's two of those and two mid-length M4ish's.

Why do I do these things?
    Because you're "older" ! And it's some kind of weird reverse psychology. If you get a really good price on a barrel or say a lower receiver and then add on all the necessary parts to finish the project, you usually end up saying something like " Dammmmn, the parts cost as much if not more then the barrel/receiver. If you pay top dollar or more for the same barrel/receiver and add the parts to finish, you usually end of saying, " Dammmmn, the parts were ONLY 30% of the barrel/receiver cost. You can live with that!

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    ...and the 11.5” with FSB...

I was just looking to build 1 upper, an 11.5 or 12.5” and I keep seeing threads like this one....y’all are right, it’s a disease.
    Quote Originally Posted by jpmuscle View Post

ETC (SW/AW), USN (1998-2008)
    CVN-65, USS Enterprise

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by hotrodder636 View Post
    ...y’all are right, it’s a disease.
    I'm sweating trying not to order another of these barrels. I may just buy on and toss it in the safe.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Haven't fielded a carbine in a while and forgot how crowded the handguards can get. I moved the 6P in my earlier photo and put it on a different midlength where the push button could be used more comfortably. In my search for something different for this Mennie's build, I stole this as new late version 660 off ebay for $75 and dropped in a Malkoff M61. Much better.

- Jeff

“Every record has been destroyed or falsified, every book rewritten, every picture has been repainted, every statue and street building has been renamed, every date has been altered. And the process is continuing day by day and minute by minute. History has stopped. Nothing exists except an endless present in which the Party is always right.” ― George Orwell, 1984

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by mrbieler View Post
    Haven't fielded a carbine in a while and forgot how crowded the handguards can get.
    That's where those FSP rails are nice, if you can find one. I can usually get a 6p style light mounted fine on the top pic rail with a Gear Sector mount, but sling attachements and stubby VFGs can be a challenge to get a comfy set up.

Page 12 of 30 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast