Page 15 of 30 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast

Thread: MMC Armory (Minnies Machine Company) Gov Contract 14.5” Socom Barrels

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Check out “Teslong” borescope on Amazon. About $50, 0.20 inch recommended by Chad in the video for amateurs who don’t need a pro-kit.

Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    I wish I had a scope. Not worth it for me to buy one, but I'd be curious to see if there was a theme going here. I doubt I'll order another one of these at this point.
    Clandestine, please check you Inbox.
    Last edited by hotrodder636; 07-07-20 at 11:18.
    ETC (SW/AW), USN (1998-2008)
    CVN-65, USS Enterprise

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    Cool. Did you make the video? That would be facinating to see.

(also I sped through the video from home to get to the scope portion. Could the flaws be felt when cleaning/brushing the bore??
    Yes, that is my video. I don't recall feeling any resistance or give when I pushed the brush or patch through.

I'll do a revisit video if/once the barrel has seen some reasonable use.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by hotrodder636 View Post
    Check out “Teslong” borescope on Amazon. About $50, 0.20 inch recommended by Chad in the video for amateurs who don’t need a pro-kit.
    Yeah. I remember seeing an economical variant discussed here. That must have been it. If I worked on more guns, I might grab one.

I re-watched the video last night. Definitely has the blems/flaws chromed over. I can't tell if it's pitting, a bad button, or bad steel... but it's ugly. I could really see that barrel having a copper fouling issue.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Got mine yesterday dated 5/17, do not have a bore scope but I can see a couple spots a few inches from the chamber that looks like some type of pitting. Not sure when I'll try it out have to get the flash suppressor pinned first.

Feedback Score
    81 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 81mmcat View Post
    Got mine yesterday dated 5/17, do not have a bore scope but I can see a couple spots a few inches from the chamber that looks like some type of pitting. Not sure when I'll try it out have to get the flash suppressor pinned first.
    I bet the whole bunch was 5/17,I got mine a month ago and its dated 5/17 also ! I still have not shot mine yet. I had mounted a scope but didn't like how it sat or lined up so I waited for the mount I bought from a member in the EE ! That showed up yesterday so I'll get things in shape this afternoon. I never even looked down the bore even after watching the vid. I guess I look at it as a close in kinda setup & if its on a 8 inch pie plate @ 100 then I will be disappointed but will also realize that its good enough cuz it should be better the closer ya get. Yes fouling could be a issue, so we will see as time goes on. I guess I will at least look closer at it now, I mean I have run a patch down it with Hoppes and seemed fine but I have a bore light which will help so I guess I'll go take a look and let ya know what mine looks like !

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by m1a_scoutguy View Post
    I bet the whole bunch was 5/17,I got mine a month ago and its dated 5/17 also !
    Don't bet too much. Mine is dated June.
    - Jeff

“Every record has been destroyed or falsified, every book rewritten, every picture has been repainted, every statue and street building has been renamed, every date has been altered. And the process is continuing day by day and minute by minute. History has stopped. Nothing exists except an endless present in which the Party is always right.” ― George Orwell, 1984

Feedback Score
    81 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by mrbieler View Post
    Don't bet too much. Mine is dated June.
    LOL,,well 1st time I been wrong this year !! That's cool really, I would imagine that as many as they made it probably did take a few months to get them all done ! I haven't checked in stock lately, I'm trying NOT to buy another one so if I just hold out a little longer I mite actually accomplish it ! Also for what's its worth I looked at mine this afternoon with a bore light, I looked as best I could at it from both ends & really didn't see anything out of the ordinary. I'm sure a bore scope would be beneficial but like I said I'm not that concerned about it. I did run a dry patch through it several times and didn't feel anything out of the ordinary! I know I have been saying it for a month but I got my 1x4 scope mounted so I will make it to the range on Sunday and then report back !

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by m1a_scoutguy View Post
    LOL,,well 1st time I been wrong this year !! That's cool really, I would imagine that as many as they made it probably did take a few months to get them all done ! I haven't checked in stock lately, I'm trying NOT to buy another one so if I just hold out a little longer I mite actually accomplish it ! Also for what's its worth I looked at mine this afternoon with a bore light, I looked as best I could at it from both ends & really didn't see anything out of the ordinary. I'm sure a bore scope would be beneficial but like I said I'm not that concerned about it. I did run a dry patch through it several times and didn't feel anything out of the ordinary! I know I have been saying it for a month but I got my 1x4 scope mounted so I will make it to the range on Sunday and then report back !
    Likewise. I don't have a scope, but I saw nothing that caught my eye in the lining and felt nothing unusual with the patches. I'm still waiting for range time. The local ranges are still a shit show and I haven't had enough free time for the 3 hour run to the desert.
    - Jeff

“Every record has been destroyed or falsified, every book rewritten, every picture has been repainted, every statue and street building has been renamed, every date has been altered. And the process is continuing day by day and minute by minute. History has stopped. Nothing exists except an endless present in which the Party is always right.” ― George Orwell, 1984

Feedback Score
    81 (100%)
    Well,well,Finally got out with my 14.5 build, it only took a month ! I grabbed an inexpensive scope ( I hate cheap,,LOL) and mounted it up, only 1x4 but glass is clear and adjustments are crisp & positive so far. I ran about 100 rds through it and had 0 issues. Did the normal 25/50 then 100yrds and was happy with the results for what it is. Ran my reloads through it, just 55grn FMJ over CFE223 with CCI primers & mixed brass,I had some LC 55grn but saved it for another outing. Shot mostly from the bench with a rest but ran the last 30rds through it off hand bangin steel at 50yrds or so,all went good. Anyways here are a couple pic's,nothing fancy but ya get the ideal ! And yes I live in a Commie State so my rifle is "different",but it works & that's all that matters. I didn't clean or look down the BBL after I got home but will probably run a bunch through this gun in the coming weeks. I'll report back if anything turns up !

Some rds @ 100yrds from a rest. Maybe need some finer adjustments but pretty happy so far. Maybe some better ammo and see what it can do. I have a bunch of 69grn SMK & some 77grn Noslers,will load some this week and see if they make a difference.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Not bad. I enjoy the rifle stock on my carbine. After a few weeks off, we're back out to shoot this weekend, and I'm chomping at the bit to shoot mine again. I shot 55 gr pulled bullets out to 500 yards and struggled.

It's amazing what bullet selection can do when you start stretching out to some distance.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Page 15 of 30 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast