Page 1 of 30 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: MMC Armory (Minnies Machine Company) Gov Contract 14.5” Socom Barrels

Feedback Score

MMC Armory (Minnies Machine Company) Gov Contract 14.5” Socom Barrels

I stumbled across these last week and finally got one in, so I figured I’d start this thread as a review and just for future reference in case someone stumbles across one of these in the future.These seem to have completely gone under the radar some how. I wasn’t able to find any information before I purchased mine other than a few specifics in regard to the contract, so maybe this will help someone decide for or against one. It’s another 14.5” Gov Contract Socom barrel made by Minnies Machine Shop, or MMC Armory. NOT to be confused with the old Bear Creek name MMC. Two completely different companies. Cage code 2P237. Minnies got a contract to produce them back in 2012, and from what I’ve gathered, made roughly 82,000 of them for the Army (my barrel is dated 2017). That’s pretty much all I’ve been able to find out. MMC Armory does make AR’s, but they’ve been considered over priced from what I’ve read, so it seems there hasn’t been many purchased and so there are very few overall reviews about them. Other than the price of their ARs, I will say I haven’t found anything negative about the company.

I’ve heard good and bad experiences about Delta Team Tactical, so order with that in mind. This was my first time ordering from them and shipping was fast and the packaging was excellent (they could teach CDNN a lesson haha). Anyways, here’s the link and plenty of pictures that I took. Don’t have a lot of time right now to write a long post about my first impressions, but the pics speak for themselves. The barrel looks amazing. I’ll get a range report within a few days.

They only have 169, so grab one if you want to try one out! They won’t last forever. I just ordered my second one! I’ve started threads on arfcom and Akfiles, and wanted to spread the word here too.

I’ll update the post with some more details when I get some more time.

https://www.deltateamtactical.com/AR...s_p_13860.html

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Been sitting here debating. Decided to pass.

Davidson's also have them: https://davidsondefense.com/AR-15-55...ns_p_7450.html
    Patriotism means to stand by the country. It does not mean to stand by the President... - Theodore Roosevelt, Lincoln and Free Speech, Metropolitan Magazine, Volume 47, Number 6, May 1918.

Every Communist must grasp the truth. Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun. Our principle is that the Party commands the gun, and the gun must never be allowed to command the Party Mao Zedong, 6 November, 1938 - speech to the Communist Patry of China's sixth Central Committee

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 26 Inf View Post
    Been sitting here debating. Decided to pass.

Davidson's also have them: https://davidsondefense.com/AR-15-55...ns_p_7450.html
    Yeah, Davidson and DTT are the same company. Same batch of barrels. They actually show the same amount in stock (168). I’ll get some groups in the next day or two. It’s an unknown barrel, so I don’t blame you. I have an obsession with 14.5” Socom profile barrels, so this is a neat find for me lol

Feedback Score
    41 (100%)
    That's actually pretty interesting. I wonder if they parkerize under the FSB. I look forward to your range report.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Hammer_Man View Post
    That's actually pretty interesting. I wonder if they parkerize under the FSB. I look forward to your range report.
    I assume since the TDP calls for it and that they are US contract barrels, they are. I was going to pull it and look, but the finish on the FSP was just too nice to risk scuffing up haha the Remington Socom barrels aren’t, but they don’t have to follow the TDP due to it being for a foreign contract. Same reason they get away with them being CHF. Either way, I have a second one on the way. If someone on here or another forum doesn’t pull theirs to check, I’ll pull it. This particular one is built and ready for some groups

Odd “issue” I ran into while building it last night. I have two sets of cheap plastic skinny carbine handguards. They wouldn’t fit correctly in the handguard retainer. It was only off my a hair. The retro Colt 6 hole handguards I have fit perfectly. I’d say this is more an issue with the two cheap sets of handguards. It could be remedied with the slightest modification. I may try to install them again to see if it was just me. It was late and it had been a long day.

Update on second paragraph: Tried again today and the cheap handguards went on fine.
    Last edited by Monkeydo; 05-27-20 at 22:58.

Feedback Score
    11 (92%)
    I find it hard to trust someone who sells sub $200 complete uppers.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by GH41 View Post
    I find it hard to trust someone who sells sub $200 complete uppers.
    Eh, it’s a gov contract barrel. Not one of their own. Primary Arms sales Bear Creek parts. Doesn’t mean everything else they sale from other vendors can’t be trusted.

Feedback Score
    2 (75%)
    Any idea why these weren't delivered? My experience with .gov contracting says they possibly were rejected for whatever reason.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaykayyy
    And to the guys whining about spending more on training, and relying less on the hardware, you just sound like your [sic] trying to make yourself feel superior.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Sry0fcr View Post
    Any idea why these weren't delivered? My experience with .gov contracting says they possibly were rejected for whatever reason.
    No clue, other than more than likely they were just overruns. If they were rejected, it’s likely due to some petty finish issues. There is one spot in the phosphate to the left of the cage code on the down step and one on the extension, both of which are shown in the pics. I haven’t tried cleaning it off though. Could just be oil/grease. I can’t find anything else wrong with it.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sry0fcr View Post
    Contract overruns are nothing new. My experience in manufacturing leads me to believe they could have been extra. An additional 170 barrels on a 82,000 barrel contract is small potatoes in terms of cost. If they were manufactured between 2012-2017, that's only like 2-3 extra barrels per month.

Page 1 of 30 12311 ... LastLast