Page 19 of 30 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast

Thread: MMC Armory (Minnies Machine Company) Gov Contract 14.5” Socom Barrels

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    Just depends on your needs. It's doing great for its role as a combat barrel. We just always try to make everything a precision rig because we're nuts.
    I agree. I think it’s living up to every reasonable expectation. For what I do and for what I want, I’m in good shape.
    - Jeff

“Every record has been destroyed or falsified, every book rewritten, every picture has been repainted, every statue and street building has been renamed, every date has been altered. And the process is continuing day by day and minute by minute. History has stopped. Nothing exists except an endless present in which the Party is always right.” ― George Orwell, 1984

Feedback Score
    One of the perks with these barrels are that they are phosphated under the FSB. I did see that there were issues with soft barrel extension pins.

I always laugh when I look at their website, because they sure don't want to let you forget that they are a woman owned company...

Here is the link to their rifle division...

https://www.mmcarmory.com/
    Last edited by Hexxus; 09-03-20 at 02:16.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hexxus View Post
    One of the perks with these barrels are that they are phosphated under the FSB. I did see that there were issues with soft barrel extension pins.

Why does that matter?

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by the AR-15 Junkie View Post
    Why does that matter?
    Rust prevention. May be no big deal for most civilian/recreational/fair weather shooters. I had an old bushmaster that had surface rust under the FSB from rain.

For the military, it's important for exposure to salt water/ocean water.

AND.... skipping this is a cut corner in the manufacturing.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hexxus View Post
    I always laugh when I look at their website, because they sure don't want to let you forget that they are a woman owned company...

Here is the link to their rifle division...

https://www.mmcarmory.com/
    With the government jobs, being able to claim you are a small women owned minority business can be a big boost towards winning a contract. There’s often a small percentage of bids that are put aside just for those businesses.
    Last edited by mrbieler; 09-03-20 at 09:34.
    - Jeff

“Every record has been destroyed or falsified, every book rewritten, every picture has been repainted, every statue and street building has been renamed, every date has been altered. And the process is continuing day by day and minute by minute. History has stopped. Nothing exists except an endless present in which the Party is always right.” ― George Orwell, 1984

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by mrbieler View Post
    With the government jobs, being able to claim you are a small women owned minority business can be a big boost towards winning a contract. There’s often a small percentage of bids that are put aside just for those businesses.
    Yes indeed. It's part of the Gov't contracting 'game'.

Don't hate the player, hate the game.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by the AR-15 Junkie View Post
    Why does that matter?
    If you like rust that starts under your front sight base and works its way out, it doesn't matter. Not all of us only shoot or use our firearms when it's mostly sunny, high of 85 degrees, low humidity, etc. It also shows a bit more workmanship goes into the product instead of cutting corners.

Quote Originally Posted by mrbieler View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by RHINOWSO View Post
    Yes indeed. It's part of the Gov't contracting 'game'.

Don't hate the player, hate the game.
    Yeah, I knew that, but it's the wording on the page and the fact it's repeated 3 times on one page. For some reason it comes off as some kind of superiority feminism to me. Kinda like people who open their wallet to show you the pictures on the inside and then proceed to smash it off your face until you acknowledge that there are pictures in it.
    Last edited by Hexxus; 09-03-20 at 14:26.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    I reconfigured mine into a basic M4 carry handle set up. Shot it today with 77 gr TMKs at 500 yard and got a second shot hit at 750 yards with Pappabear giving me a wind correction. Carbine sight radius is a bitch for longer distances.

"What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    Finally got a chance to scope my mmc barrel with about 250 rounds through it.i cleaned it with a brass brass and patches both dipped in old #9,I can definitely see tooling marks,but nothing out of the way for a military contract barrel.accuracy was more than acceptable at 35 yards with an eotech.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Back in stock at Davidsons!

Page 19 of 30 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast