Page 2 of 30 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: MMC Armory (Minnies Machine Company) Gov Contract 14.5” Socom Barrels

Feedback Score
    2 (75%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Five_Point_Five_Six View Post
    Contract overruns are nothing new. My experience in manufacturing leads me to believe they could have been extra. An additional 170 barrels on a 82,000 barrel contract is small potatoes in terms of cost. If they were manufactured between 2012-2017, that's only like 2-3 extra barrels per month.
    They could be. The wording used was "these barrels are part of a production run for the us military that were not delivered." is kinda left open to interpretation. Just say, contract overrun if they're overruns. Otherwise, the QA manager in me assumes the worst. I'm sitting on one of the Remington M4A1 tubes so I'm out anyway.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaykayyy
    And to the guys whining about spending more on training, and relying less on the hardware, you just sound like your [sic] trying to make yourself feel superior.

Feedback Score
    41 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sry0fcr View Post
    They could be. The wording used was "these barrels are part of a production run for the us military that were not delivered." is kinda left open to interpretation. Just say, contract overrun if they're overruns. Otherwise, the QA manager in me assumes the worst. I'm sitting on one of the Remington M4A1 tubes so I'm out anyway.
    How do you like the Remington barrel? I had one, but I sold the rifle I installed it on before I got a chance to run it hard.

Feedback Score
    2 (75%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hammer_Man View Post
    How do you like the Remington barrel? I had one, but I sold the rifle I installed it on before I got a chance to run it hard.
    It's just a spare part at this point.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaykayyy
    And to the guys whining about spending more on training, and relying less on the hardware, you just sound like your [sic] trying to make yourself feel superior.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Hammer_Man View Post
    This is one of the Remington 11.5” Socom barrels. One of the ones that has the markings rear of the FSP. I had JT at Retro arms cut it down to 10.3”. I grabbed a few of the Rem 14.5 and 11.5 barrels lol. I have two of the 14.5” built, but have only had a chance to shoot one of them. It grouped just as well as my Colt Socom. This 11.5” shoots tight groups as well. I’ve been impressed with them.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Are there any markings on the barrel just in front of the barrel extension (i.e. makers mark)?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by tango-papa View Post
    Are there any markings on the barrel just in front of the barrel extension (i.e. makers mark)?
    If you mean the MMC Armory barrel the thread is about, yes, the cage code is marked on the barrel - see the last photo in the first post.

(sorry - didn't see/register in-front of barrel extension)
    Last edited by 26 Inf; 05-29-20 at 21:07.
    Patriotism means to stand by the country. It does not mean to stand by the President... - Theodore Roosevelt, Lincoln and Free Speech, Metropolitan Magazine, Volume 47, Number 6, May 1918.

Every Communist must grasp the truth. Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun. Our principle is that the Party commands the gun, and the gun must never be allowed to command the Party Mao Zedong, 6 November, 1938 - speech to the Communist Patry of China's sixth Central Committee

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Despite my earlier assurance I wasn't interested, one is inbound to me.
    Patriotism means to stand by the country. It does not mean to stand by the President... - Theodore Roosevelt, Lincoln and Free Speech, Metropolitan Magazine, Volume 47, Number 6, May 1918.

Every Communist must grasp the truth. Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun. Our principle is that the Party commands the gun, and the gun must never be allowed to command the Party Mao Zedong, 6 November, 1938 - speech to the Communist Patry of China's sixth Central Committee

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    26 Inf,

Yeah, curious to know if there's a "makers mark" on the MMC barrel like you find on Colt Socom barrels.
    Last edited by tango-papa; 05-30-20 at 09:56.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by tango-papa View Post
    26 Inf,

Yeah, curious to know if there's a "makers mark" on the MMC barrel like you find on Colt Socom barrels.
    I'll let you know when mine arrives if someone doesn't chime in prior.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Oh boy. The 14.5" FSB barrel always has a place in my heart. Shit.... I have that Colt upper from Geissele too.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Page 2 of 30 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast