Page 3 of 30 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: MMC Armory (Minnies Machine Company) Gov Contract 14.5” Socom Barrels

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    I really don't need this, but I really want to find an excuse...
    - Jeff

“Every record has been destroyed or falsified, every book rewritten, every picture has been repainted, every statue and street building has been renamed, every date has been altered. And the process is continuing day by day and minute by minute. History has stopped. Nothing exists except an endless present in which the Party is always right.” ― George Orwell, 1984

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 26 Inf View Post
    I'll let you know when mine arrives if someone doesn't chime in prior.
    Thanks, that would be great.

I might just follow your lead and order one myself.
    The only thing causing me any hesitation is the Colt Socom barrel currently inbound to me from Brownells.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    Oh boy. The 14.5" FSB barrel always has a place in my heart. Shit.... I have that Colt upper from Geissele too.
    Yeah, same here too. Couldn’t resist and bought one this morning. Will be a spare for now

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 26 Inf View Post
    Despite my earlier assurance I wasn't interested, one is inbound to me.
    You're weak. And old.

11C2P '83-'87
    Airborne Infantry
    F**k China!

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by veeklog View Post
    Yeah, same here too. Couldn’t resist and bought one this morning. Will be a spare for now
    Still haven't pulled the trigger, but I was fondling my stripped upper and my existing BCM 14.5 SOCOM.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Damn it. I caved.

(the FREE SHIPPING was the final straw)
    Last edited by markm; 06-01-20 at 07:54.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Monkeydo View Post
    I was going to pull it and look, but the finish on the FSP was just too nice to risk scuffing up <snip>

Update on second paragraph: Tried again today and the cheap handguards went on fine.
    With No Delta ring assembly, How did you snap on hand guards without pulling the FSB?

I was thinking of running a Centurion Rail which installs right onto a standard barrel nut because I know Colt taper pins can be a bitch to tap out.
    Last edited by markm; 06-01-20 at 08:06.

Feedback Score
    41 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Monkeydo View Post
    This is one of the Remington 11.5” Socom barrels. One of the ones that has the markings rear of the FSP. I had JT at Retro arms cut it down to 10.3”. I grabbed a few of the Rem 14.5 and 11.5 barrels lol. I have two of the 14.5” built, but have only had a chance to shoot one of them. It grouped just as well as my Colt Socom. This 11.5” shoots tight groups as well. I’ve been impressed with them.

That's a really nice build, I'm quite envious. Good to know those barrels shoot well, I kind of regret selling mine off. I had no idea they were hammer forged.

Feedback Score
    41 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    With No Delta ring assembly, How did you snap on hand guards without pulling the FSB?

I was thinking of running a Centurion Rail which installs right onto a standard barrel nut because I know Colt taper pins can be a bitch to tap out.
    I ran a Centurion carbine cutout rail on one of my builds, it was an awesome rail. I wouldn't hesitate to put one on another rifle.

Lastly, Davidson Defense is very close to me, and you guys have got me wanting to waste more money...

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ABNAK View Post
    You're weak. And old.

OLDER. Turned 66 today.
    Patriotism means to stand by the country. It does not mean to stand by the President... - Theodore Roosevelt, Lincoln and Free Speech, Metropolitan Magazine, Volume 47, Number 6, May 1918.

Every Communist must grasp the truth. Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun. Our principle is that the Party commands the gun, and the gun must never be allowed to command the Party Mao Zedong, 6 November, 1938 - speech to the Communist Patry of China's sixth Central Committee

Page 3 of 30 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast