Page 4 of 30 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: MMC Armory (Minnies Machine Company) Gov Contract 14.5” Socom Barrels

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    With No Delta ring assembly, How did you snap on hand guards without pulling the FSB?
    To describe it simply, the delta ring goes on from the rear of the barrel nut. It goes delta ring, wave spring, snap ring. All of them have larger diameters than the barrel extension, so they easily slip over and into place, well the snap ring is sometimes a bitch, but you get the idea.

ETA: thanks fore reminding me I need to order a delta ring assembly.
    Last edited by 26 Inf; 06-01-20 at 11:50.
    Patriotism means to stand by the country. It does not mean to stand by the President... - Theodore Roosevelt, Lincoln and Free Speech, Metropolitan Magazine, Volume 47, Number 6, May 1918.

Every Communist must grasp the truth. Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun. Our principle is that the Party commands the gun, and the gun must never be allowed to command the Party Mao Zedong, 6 November, 1938 - speech to the Communist Patry of China's sixth Central Committee

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 26 Inf View Post
    To describe it simply, the delta ring goes on from the rear of the barrel nut.
    Wow. I've built enough ARs to know this. I guess it's just been that long since I installed a delta ring.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Wow. I've built enough ARs to know this. I guess it's just been that long since I installed a delta ring.
    I know what you mean - I still look at my picture of the hammer spring to make sure I've installed it correctly.
    Patriotism means to stand by the country. It does not mean to stand by the President... - Theodore Roosevelt, Lincoln and Free Speech, Metropolitan Magazine, Volume 47, Number 6, May 1918.

Every Communist must grasp the truth. Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun. Our principle is that the Party commands the gun, and the gun must never be allowed to command the Party Mao Zedong, 6 November, 1938 - speech to the Communist Patry of China's sixth Central Committee

Feedback Score
    41 (100%)
    All you need is a snap ring pliers with round tips, that push outward. I bought a reversible pair with multiple tips at Harbor Freight, works like a charm.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hammer_Man View Post
    All you need is a snap ring pliers with round tips, that push outward. I bought a reversible pair with multiple tips at Harbor Freight, works like a charm.
    I have them in my Armorer's Box. I bet I've only done one Delta ring since modern handguards are way more common.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    41 (100%)
    I have them in my Armorer's Box. I bet I've only done one Delta ring since modern handguards are way more common.
    I've sort of gone full circle, and have ended up building more traditional M4 style rifles the last few builds.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hammer_Man View Post
    I've sort of gone full circle, and have ended up building more traditional M4 style rifles the last few builds.
    I appreciate that for sure. Most of my guns have always been traditional, KAC RAS/FSB type guns. But I've put together more guns for guys with the latest and greatest accessories.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by tango-papa View Post
    Are there any markings on the barrel just in front of the barrel extension (i.e. makers mark)?
    Received mine today, there is an 'E' and a 'U' spaced about an inch apart over the chamber area, the marks are oriented to be read 'right side up' on the right side of the barrel as it would be installed on the rifle.

Hope this helps.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Did you get a ship notification? I haven't seen squat. Not that I need the barrel immediately, but the OP said they shipped quick.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Yes, on Tuesday, it arrived Friday, Priority Mail 3-day.

Page 4 of 30 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast