Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Acog with red dot on top, how to zero red dot?

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by maximus83 View Post
    That sounds like a pain right there...and a good enough reason in itself to prefer offset, or a true 1x LPVO.
    It’s not really that big a deal. Can be done with less than a mag in 30 minutes. But if your going to run it, you should do it. It doesn’t have to be perfect science, just baseline understanding what you got. In CQB your not into ultra precision, but should know your going to hit A few inches low in a bedroom. YMMV

PB

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Here is a trick - take your zeroed primary optic and center it on a target while bipoded and bagged so it doesn't move. Usually at 100 yards.

Then move the dot to the same target POA as the primary.

Yes holdovers will be different up close, but by doing it at 100, you take away a large part of that variable. Then you can zero it with ammunition very, very quickly.

Feedback Score
    11 (92%)
    Maybe I am stupid but why do you need sights at all in the room clearing scenario?

Feedback Score
    274 (99%)
    I have been working with this setup since 2003, ACOG with a reflex piggybacked. I zero the Reflex sight at 50 meters. I only use the reflex sight for anything 50 meters or less. Otherwise I use the ACOG. It si a simple system, and It works very well.
    In no way do I make any money from anyone related to the firearms industry.

"I have never heard anyone say after a firefight that I wish that I had not taken so much ammo.", ME

"Texas can make it without the United States, but the United States can't make it without Texas !", General Sam Houston

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by GH41 View Post
    Maybe I am stupid but why do you need sights at all in the room clearing scenario?
    Really? Wrong forum bro.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by RHINOWSO View Post
    Really? Wrong forum bro.
    If you are aiming your glock sideways you might be on the wrong site.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by GH41 View Post
    Not stupid. Its a common thought. But its also common for people to miss altogether at spitting distance. I advocate use of aiming devices on every shot, no matter how close. Account for those rounds.
    RLTW

“What’s New” button, but without GD: https://www.m4carbine.net/search.php...new&exclude=60 , courtesy of ST911.

Disclosure: I am affiliated PRN with a tactical training center, but I speak only for myself. I have no idea what we sell, other than CLP and training. I receive no income from sale of hard goods.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 1168 View Post
    But its also common for people to miss altogether at spitting distance. I advocate use of aiming devices on every shot, no matter how close. Account for those rounds.
    I just don't understand the thought process of "I won't need to aim in this situation", because that situation can come and go very quickly.

Yes, one may shoot faster / with less than optimal sight picture / alignment / what have you in specific situations but to be like "Baaah, I don't need sights up close" is a recipe for lots of misses.

Feedback Score
    53 (100%)
    Can't remember where I heard it, but if you don't have time to aim, then you don't have time to miss.

Feedback Score
    11 (92%)
    Quote Originally Posted by RHINOWSO View Post
    I just don't understand the thought process of "I won't need to aim in this situation", because that situation can come and go very quickly.

Yes, one may shoot faster / with less than optimal sight picture / alignment / what have you in specific situations but to be like "Baaah, I don't need sights up close" is a recipe for lots of misses.
    I have nothing against aiming if you have the time I just think you should be familiar enough with your rifle to make hits across a room by pointing and not aiming.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast