Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Acog with red dot on top, how to zero red dot?

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by RHINOWSO View Post
    Really? Wrong forum bro.

Quote Originally Posted by vicious_cb View Post
    If you are aiming your glock sideways you might be on the wrong site.
    I'm super right eye dominant. Left eye vision is two times worse than the right. I have to gangster roll a pistol, or rifle, when shooting weak side if I want an actual sight picture. People think I'm being silly and goofing when I do it. Guess I will pack my bags.

Sight alignment is just one method of aiming. Obviously the most exact when distance begins to stretch out. Shooting "over the top" of a rifle, "front post only" on a pistol or the old pointer finger parallel to the barrel are effective at snap shot distances.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by GH41 View Post
    I have nothing against aiming if you have the time I just think you should be familiar enough with your rifle to make hits across a room by pointing and not aiming.
    Theres a huge difference between flash sight picture or indexing with just your front sight or tip of your barrel and not aiming.

Quote Originally Posted by Leaveammoforme View Post
    I'm super right eye dominant. Left eye vision is two times worse than the right. I have to gangster roll a pistol, or rifle, when shooting weak side if I want an actual sight picture. People think I'm being silly and goofing when I do it. Guess I will pack my bags.
    I also do a 60-45 degree cant when I shoot weak side one handed. You are still getting a sight picture, Im talking about going full retard.
    Last edited by vicious_cb; 09-02-20 at 15:38.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by GH41 View Post
    I have nothing against aiming if you have the time I just think you should be familiar enough with your rifle to make hits across a room by pointing and not aiming.
    And if you are used to aiming you'll be able to do that without much / any thought.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Late to the party, but I thought I would add my two cents.

I used to mount RMRs on top of ACOGs (TA11 and TA33). Zero using my dominant right eye and a chin weld, but rotate to my weak left eye for use. It worked OK. My PoI shifted down and to the left (if using compass directions, say 225 to 230 degrees) by between 1 and 2 inches at 50 yards, which I deem very acceptable.

I have since switched to offset RMR mounts (Arisaka, at 35 degrees), which are much handier in every way. But, I might prefer the RMR on top of a TA33 if I am trying to trim ounces off total rifle weight.
    'That whole effort was held together by sweat, shame, and a tiny bit of pride.' -- Son of Commander Paisley

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123