Page 64 of 89 FirstFirst ... 1454626364656674 ... LastLast

Thread: George Floyd and Minneapolis Police UoF - Rioting

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    George Floyd's background has no bearing on this case. What occurred during the arrest process and how he was detained while in custody are the predominant issues.

George Floyd was no saint. How he was detained may have contributed to his death. His death was the trigger for protesting by people who feel they have been wronged (whether you agree or disagree) and mob action by opportunists and extremists.

A bigger issue is the failure of mayors and governors to give appropriate orders to police agencies to stop the looting and rioting before it got as far as it has. When we see business owners with rifles standing on the rooftops of their businesses to protect their livelihood, because indecisive mayors and governors won't do their jobs, we have a huge problem in our country.
    Train 2 Win

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    https://i.imgur.com/WknEZ7m.gifv

Just another great example of policing in the US.

Luckily both these officers have been suspended without pay. I hope these protests continue until these injustices are resolved.

News flash: You can disagree with the looters, and support the protesters at the same time. If you ID as a libertarian and are OK with the deployment of the military then you have some deep thinking to do.
    Last edited by foxtrotx1; 06-05-20 at 01:17.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by foxtrotx1 View Post

Luckily both these officers have been suspended without pay. I hope these protests continue until these injustices are resolved.

News flash: You can disagree with the looters, and support the protesters at the same time. If you ID as a libertarian and are OK with the deployment of the military then you have some deep thinking to do.
    I see what precipitates this, and it seems like the police weren’t trying to hurt the guy, but he went down. Hard.

So now there’s a wounded man on the ground, bleeding from a head wound. You then direct your officers to ignore him.

From there it seems the police go on to hassle the cameraman (from an actual TV station, not just some blogger).

I’m honestly baffled by the thought process here. Aren’t the police there to protect the citizens? If one is injured, shouldn’t they help? Sorry, but making a radio call isn’t good enough.

At least the National Guard member stopped to render aid.

Sent from 80ms in the future

Feedback Score

So what is your solution when the police cannot contain the rioting and looting?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by PracticalRifleman View Post
    So what is your solution when the police cannot contain the rioting and looting?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    If any heads are ordering police to let rioters and looters riot and loot, charge them with aiding and abetting. Someone down the line will fill the position and not do that.

Also, start hammering perpetrators of incidents like in the video and their facilitators.

Feedback Score

Is he dead? Looks like hes bleeding out the ear.

Also, after the first day of looting, I blame the “protesters”, as well as the police who didnt Try squash it immediately.
    If you were leading a protest and it turned violent, would you continue?
    Back out, let the police clean up the situation, then protest again. Intentional or not, after the first day or so, the protesters get blame for the riots IMO.

There are multiple factions on all sides, its just a shit show and there is no good side, there are good and bad people on all sides. Its not a football game, you dont have to pick a team. I see a lot of people rushing to do so.
    Last edited by MegademiC; 06-05-20 at 07:23.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by MegademiC View Post
    Alive.

They initially tried claiming he tripped.

https://www.nydailynews.com/news/nat...t3a-story.html
    Last edited by jsbhike; 06-05-20 at 07:24.

Feedback Score

"I'm gonna march with my black brothers so they'll know I'm not a rascist and maybe they and the communists wont put me in the ovens come the "final solution" to America's fundamentally flawed existence! I'm gonna mouth off and go hands-on with this pig right now! Kill whitey!" (Tap...*thud)

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by MegademiC View Post

Also, after the first day of looting, I blame the “protesters”, as well as the police who didnt Try squash it immediately.
    If you were leading a protest and it turned violent, would you continue?
    Back out, let the police clean up the situation, then protest again. Intentional or not, after the first day or so, the protesters get blame for the riots IMO.

There are multiple factions on all sides, its just a shit show and there is no good side, there are good and bad people on all sides. Its not a football game, you dont have to pick a team. I see a lot of people rushing to do so.
    Maybe the time between officer committing a crime and officer being arrested for it needs to get whittled down instead of hoping it blows over.
    Last edited by jsbhike; 06-05-20 at 07:43.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Thanks for sharing. Absolutely agree. Every morning this week I've woken up to find some new outrage or example of police brutality. Sadly, there will be countless people explaining away the cop's actions, and coming to their defense, all the while ignoring what this means for our country. Don't claim you're for liberty and then watch this go down with nothing more than a shrug.

Quote Originally Posted by jbjh View Post
    I see what precipitates this, and it seems like the police weren’t trying to hurt the guy, but he went down. Hard.

So now there’s a wounded man on the ground, bleeding from a head wound. You then direct your officers to ignore him.

From there it seems the police go on to hassle the cameraman (from an actual TV station, not just some blogger).

I’m honestly baffled by the thought process here. Aren’t the police there to protect the citizens? If one is injured, shouldn’t they help? Sorry, but making a radio call isn’t good enough.

At least the National Guard member stopped to render aid.

Sent from 80ms in the future
    Police exist to make money for an protect the state, not the people. That's been a stated fact for a long time, and the police's response to the riots has shown a complete "us vs them" mentality where everyone they encounter who isn't a cop is to be dealt with as if they were a bomb-throwing radical.

And I'd bet that wasn't Guard, but a SWAT team in MultiCam. They looked way too well equipped for NG.
    It's f*****g great, putting holes in people, all the time, and it just puts 'em down mate, they drop like sacks of s**t when they go down with this.
    --British veteran of the Ukraine War, discussing the FN SCAR H.

Page 64 of 89 FirstFirst ... 1454626364656674 ... LastLast