Page 62 of 89 FirstFirst ... 1252606162636472 ... LastLast

Thread: George Floyd and Minneapolis Police UoF - Rioting

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by WillBrink View Post
    Candice pulls no punches....

I understand what she is saying and I wouldnt want George Floyd as a tenant. The fact he was a felon who used drugs has no bearing on the guilt or innocence of his killer.

Andy

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Life's a Hillary View Post
    That chart is purposely misleading, per million of the person being murdered race would make more sense. It’s always going to be skewed the way it is because of over 250M people in the US are considered white and around 44M are considered black. It doesn’t make sense to say what percent/factor of white people are murdering black people because your denominator is always going to skew things in the direction the person who created it wanted. I’m not saying the proper way to show the data would be any different in the overall conclusion but as someone who specializes in data analysis and has done extensive work in the data visualization space that’s just dishonest.

The data seems entirely honest. And I agree was presented in a manner to proportionally demonstrate the impact.

Why do you feel it is dishonest?

You want to compare raw numbers?

60% of Americans vs 13% of Americans? That seems dishonest, but lets take a quick look.

OK,

Let’s just take homicide, because including all violent crime makes the numbers so high it just becomes statistics and loses some of the real, able to understand and feel impact. And a quick glance shows it’s going to come out even worse. I don’t need the overkill to make the point.

About 60% of Americans are non hispanic whites, and about 13% of Americans are African American.

There were about 14,000 homicides in the USA in 2018. About 6100 white victims and 7400 black victims.

Of known offenders, there were about 16,300. (Because Killing people can be done one on one, as a team sport and have more than one offender, and less often, a single overachiever with multiple kills.)

about 4900 were white. (This is going to include hispanic/latino)
    About 6300 were black.

The data seems purposefully obscured to make hispanic/Latino offenders count as white, and not count as white when victims.
    It is also hard to find data on groups killing individuals.
    If there were a bunch of groups of white people going around killing individual black people, I think they would be plastering that info, and we would have total numbers to back it.
    If there were more often groups of black people killing individual white people, I get the vibe this is what they are sweeping under the rug because there are numbers that would support the concept.

Regardless, let’s press on.

Despite some of these issues with the FBI data,
    With regards to single offender/single victim,

Individual white offenders, (which includes hispanic/Latino)one on one killed about 2700 white people and 200 black people.
    Individual Black offenders one on one killed about 500 white people and 2600 black people.
    Throw in another 400 justifiable homicides per year for LE overall and about 350 for non LE.

Go to the data source and present it how you would like.
    “Where weapons may not be carried, it is well to carry weapons.”

Feedback Score
    I’m not the one making the argument, I’m just pointing out the flawed methodology of that graph. A better point to make would be to take this data:

Individual white offenders, (which includes hispanic/Latino)one on one killed about 2700 white people and 200 black people.
    Individual Black offenders one on one killed about 500 white people and 2600 black people.
    And normalize it based on the white and black population so you could see if white people kill a disproportionate number of black people as they do white people and the same with things switched around.

The chart you showed was skewed in a way that made it so you could not compare the bars. The whole point of a bar chart is to compare the bars.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)

George Floyd and Minneapolis Police UoF - Rioting

Quote Originally Posted by ramairthree View Post
    The data seems entirely honest. And I agree was presented in a manner to proportionally demonstrate the impact.

Why do you feel it is dishonest?

You want to compare raw numbers?

60% of Americans vs 13% of Americans? That seems dishonest, but lets take a quick look.

OK,

Let’s just take homicide, because including all violent crime makes the numbers so high it just becomes statistics and loses some of the real, able to understand and feel impact. And a quick glance shows it’s going to come out even worse. I don’t need the overkill to make the point.

About 60% of Americans are non hispanic whites, and about 13% of Americans are African American.

There were about 14,000 homicides in the USA in 2018. About 6100 white victims and 7400 black victims.

Of known offenders, there were about 16,300. (Because Killing people can be done one on one, as a team sport and have more than one offender, and less often, a single overachiever with multiple kills.)

about 4900 were white. (This is going to include hispanic/latino)
    About 6300 were black.

The data seems purposefully obscured to make hispanic/Latino offenders count as white, and not count as white when victims.
    It is also hard to find data on groups killing individuals.
    If there were a bunch of groups of white people going around killing individual black people, I think they would be plastering that info, and we would have total numbers to back it.
    If there were more often groups of black people killing individual white people, I get the vibe this is what they are sweeping under the rug because there are numbers that would support the concept.

Regardless, let’s press on.

Despite some of these issues with the FBI data,
    With regards to single offender/single victim,

Throw in another 400 justifiable homicides per year for LE overall and about 350 for non LE.

Go to the data source and present it how you would like.
    https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/n...ad-racial-bias

To add in the number of unarmed blacks killed by police in 2019 was 9 (not that being unarmed revokes justification in the real world).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by jpmuscle; 06-04-20 at 16:58.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jpmuscle View Post

To add in the number of unarmed blacks killed by police in 2019 was 9 (not that being unarmed revokes justification in the real world).

Yeah because being unarmed means you couldn’t possibly hurt anybody in the sheeple’s eyes.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Diamondback View Post
    Precisely. A chart showing B-on-B, W-on-W, etc as percentages of total homicides would be better.
    As I have recently replied, feel free to use the raw data and make your own charts.

Essentially, you guys are saying that white people, including Citizen and non citizen Hispanics, essentially 80% of the people running around America, killing less raw numbers of African Americans than 10% of the people running around America, should be compared raw numbers to raw number,
    Because it’s dishonest and not appropriate to visually compare the relative likelihoods.
    “Where weapons may not be carried, it is well to carry weapons.”

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ramairthree View Post
    As I have recently replied, feel free to use the raw data and make your own charts.

Essentially, you guys are saying that white people, including Citizen and non citizen Hispanics, essentially 80% of the people running around America, killing less raw numbers of African Americans than 10% of the people running around America, should be compared raw numbers to raw number,
    Because it’s dishonest and not appropriate to visually compare the relative likelihoods.
    It’s dishonest and not appropriate to compare different metrics that are not on the same scale giving a disproportionate difference in magnitude. Weird hill to die on but alright. I won’t derail the thread further.

Feedback Score
    What I take from this.....

"Individual white offenders, (which includes hispanic/Latino)one on one killed about 2700 white people and 200 black people.
    Individual Black offenders one on one killed about 500 white people and 2600 black people."

.....is that even counting Hispanic people among the white's total, 13% of the population committed over 50% of the murders. That alone is troubling, and indicative of the fact that what we're seeing playing out in the streets now and the slogans associated with it are bullshit. Shithead cop needs to give blowjobs for cigarettes in prison, and his buddies have also deservedly been charged as accessories. What else can we do?

You have to nail guys to the wall who commit crimes, namely felonies, but why does the forced guilt thing always have to come into play? I never owned slaves (and neither were those alive now ever slaves), I didn't kneel on some dude's neck until he was dead and for a little afterwards, and I'm all about live and let live. So I'll apologize for NOTHING.

Saw on Tucker last night the "white guilt" aspect of the "rallies" where these dumb-ass, weak-spined white libs were prostrating themselves or genuflecting before the great omnipotent ones (whoever the hell they were). I'll be g-damned if I ever bow down to that shit, over my dead fvcking body.....and as many others as I can take with me!
    11C2P '83-'87
    Airborne Infantry
    F**k China!

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    A lot of references to the 13% of the US population that is black in these stats, but it is not all blacks committing homicides. The FBI data is broken down also by gender & age. Male blacks between 13 & 50 are the most heavily represented demographic with homicide offenders, and they are way, way less than 13% of the US population. Closer to 3%.
    Last edited by LMT Shooter; 06-04-20 at 18:21.

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by jpmuscle View Post

10...Tucker runs through the numbers here...
    Gettin' down innagrass.
    Let's Go Brandon!

Page 62 of 89 FirstFirst ... 1252606162636472 ... LastLast