Page 26 of 89 FirstFirst ... 1624252627283676 ... LastLast

Thread: George Floyd and Minneapolis Police UoF - Rioting

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by tb-av View Post
    Not dis-agreeing, just asking... Why in the world would anyone put an unloaded in the magwell? Wouldn't that make for a an embarrassing day if something bad popped up.

I mean think of the headlines
    'ARNG members shot down in the street. Deployed with empty clips'
    There have been worse thought processes.

https://www.marinecorpstimes.com/new...lding-is-gone/

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by morbidbattlecry View Post
    I need to get of the internet for a few days. The people that are supporting all this rioting and looting are making me what to pull my F***ing hair out. And i'm already on blood pressure medication and this isn't helping.

I will say if this kind of bs happens to my home i'll hang a sign out front that says "Looters will be Shot" and they will be. The economy is already garbage for the working class as it is. A man should be able to defend even what little he has.
    Just call the police! You know, the ones that let their own precinct get burned to the ground. I'm sure YOUR little problem will have them rolling like Travis at the Alamo!
    The truth can only offend those who live a lie.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Roof Koreans were loaded!

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by jsbhike View Post
    There have been worse thought processes.

https://www.marinecorpstimes.com/new...lding-is-gone/
    Holy cow, yeah, that was misthought.

= to 6tons... damn. They are taking down a 21story building here in the morning with 3300 lbs.

Feedback Score
    32 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by WillBrink View Post
    Does the NG not tend to get the handmedowns from the other branches?
    It depends on the unit. As far small arms and other personal equipment my ANG unit was way better off than my active duty unit when I transitioned in 2003. All of the wing security forces had M4s with Aimpoints in the Guard while the active duty SPs at my previous assignment still had M16A2s.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Maj. Gen. Jon Jensen, the adjutant general of the Minnesota National Guard, said at the same news conference that his guardsmen were armed because of intelligence from the FBI that indicated "a credible threat" to his force.

Jensen said Walz authorized his recommendation that the guardsmen be armed as they deployed Thursday night. He declined to disclose what rules of engagement the guardsmen were operating under, but noted that they retained the right of self-defense.
    https://abcnews.go.com/US/national-g...ry?id=70953206

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    A Brooklyn precinct has now been over run apparently.
    "Warriors"

Out of every 100 men, ten shouldn't even be there, eighty are just targets. Nine are the real fighters and we are lucky to have them for they make the battle. Ah, but the one...one is a Warrior, and he will bring all the others back.

-Heraclitis

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Uni-Vibe View Post
    Roof Koreans were loaded!

Riots are like sports, it's better to watch it on TV at home.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Barricades breached at the White House....
    The truth can only offend those who live a lie.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by thepatriot2705 View Post
    Underlying health conditions (ME stated those conditions and police actions led to death) could have been aggravated. Officer Chauvin could not possibly know of prexisting conditions. There is simply no way this is murder. Maybe manslaughter, but murder has a high bar especially for an Officer. Excessive force? Yea, but I highly doubt an officer of the law would set out to kill someone so brazenly on camera.
    ME stated those conditions and police actions led to death - I don't twitter, so excuse me - were the underlying health conditions listed?

Taking a look at the Minnesota Statutes, I think it depends on definitions:

609.195 MURDER IN THE THIRD DEGREE.

(a) Whoever, without intent to effect the death of any person, causes the death of another by perpetrating an act eminently dangerous to others and evincing a depraved mind, without regard for human life, is guilty of murder in the third degree and may be sentenced to imprisonment for not more than 25 years.
    [B]

If you call pinning the man and keeping him pinned for at 3-4 minutes after he ceases to be responsive while never checking his well-being 'eminently dangerous and depraved' then you got Murder 3.

Definition and context of depraved:

Depravity of mind refers to the state of mind which is contrary to justice, honesty or morality. Depravity of mind is a condition where there is a deviation or departure from the ordinary standards of honest, good morals, justice, or ethics as to be shocking to the moral sense of the society.

To constitute depraved indifference, the defendant's conduct must be 'so wanton, so deficient in a moral sense of concern, so lacking in regard for the life or lives of others, and so blameworthy as to warrant the same criminal liability as that which the law imposes upon a person who intentionally causes a crime.

To me, it's not too far reach for a changing attorney to say the officer's actions conveyed this level and let a jury decide. This dovetails with what I called the officers 'casual indifference' throughout the time recorded by the video.

Not sure how Minnesota works, but I would also want the jury to be able to convict of the lesser charge of Manslaughter Second:

609.205 MANSLAUGHTER IN THE SECOND DEGREE.

A person who causes the death of another by any of the following means is guilty of manslaughter in the second degree and may be sentenced to imprisonment for not more than ten years or to payment of a fine of not more than $20,000, or both:

(1) by the person's culpable negligence whereby the person creates an unreasonable risk, and consciously takes chances of causing death or great bodily harm to another; or

I think he is more likely to be convicted of the Manslaughter offense.
    Patriotism means to stand by the country. It does not mean to stand by the President... - Theodore Roosevelt, Lincoln and Free Speech, Metropolitan Magazine, Volume 47, Number 6, May 1918.

Every Communist must grasp the truth. Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun. Our principle is that the Party commands the gun, and the gun must never be allowed to command the Party Mao Zedong, 6 November, 1938 - speech to the Communist Patry of China's sixth Central Committee

Page 26 of 89 FirstFirst ... 1624252627283676 ... LastLast