Page 6 of 89 FirstFirst ... 456781656 ... LastLast

Thread: George Floyd and Minneapolis Police UoF - Rioting

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by BoringGuy45 View Post
    There's already threats of taking this further. Ice Cube called on the black community to start "striking back" against the cops, and he confirmed that he meant exactly what that sounded like.
    He calls out from his mansion, time to take action we will no longer be oppressed. Then he will probably go float in the pool.

If anyone thinks that’s a good idea they are far dumber then what I could even imagine.Are already having a hard time recruiting and retaining officers.The good ones will just quit. It’s not worth it. The ones that stick around and come after won’t be the type of officers you want.
    Last edited by Vic79; 05-27-20 at 17:35.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    That was bad. Id bet money that every agency in the country teaches to de-escalate after the cuffs are on. Positional asphyxiation is not an unknown thing.

It doesn't matter what a guy did or how much he fought, once he is in cuffs he is your responsibility and all use of force needs to end. We are taught specifically to not keep handcuffed people on their chests. You either sit them up or roll them onto their side.
    C co 1/30th Infantry Regiment
    3rd Brigade 3rd Infantry Division
    2002-2006
    OIF 1 and 3

IraqGunz:
    No dude is going to get shot in the chest at 300 yards and look down and say "What is that, a 3 MOA group?"

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by vicious_cb View Post
    I would find it hard to believe in any first responder trained in basic first aid would even think about nonchalantly blocking an airway like that. People that dumb should never be allowed in this kind of work. This officer needs to have the book thrown at him atleast for being that stupid.
    I imagine we are gonna see just what they were taught. I'll be right upfront - because of my background I am a strong proponent of full-time professional academy staff teaching from lesson plans. Over the years I've seen to many instructors parrot shit from the third shitter down, which is a bad deal because impressionable recruits often eat that shit up. A full-time training staff, versus adjuncts that buzz in, or guys that are assigned to teach a class w/o any vetting of what they are teaching, will catch a lot of crap.

Case in point - worked with a guy who was a DT instructor, who knew **** all about the law and tactics, he once told recruits during weapon retention 'if a guy tries to take your gun and you peel him off of it, and he is escaping, shoot him, because you don't want to be responsible for him attacking another officer.' Fortunately another instructor heard him say this and went to the bosses. Problem corrected going forward.

On another forum during a discussion on less-lethal, a guy stated 'our policy is to use lethal force on any suicidal subject threatening himself with a firearm, that doesn't put the weapon down.' When I asked, 'is that in writing?' Response 'that's what the range instructors were putting out at last in-service.' My response to that, 'you might want to run that by your legal guys and see what they think before you implement that plan.'

Guys playing to the crowd, teaching tactics/use-of-force based on their beliefs rather than the law, are problems because they are often authority figures, or have the status of SME's within a group.

COULD BE some DT instructor said something like 'when you take an asshole to the ground, keep him pinned on the pavement until the supervisor's arrive, the hot pavement and the gravel rash are probably all the punishment they'll get' and the guy believed it.

You just don't know.

But, here's the deal, if a guy is enough of a problem that I have to restrain him like that when he's cuffed, I'm damned sure paying attention to him, because he's a threat to me, and I'm also responsible for his safety when he's in my custody. I didn't see that, at all, as I said, casual indifference.
    Last edited by 26 Inf; 05-27-20 at 18:15.
    Patriotism means to stand by the country. It does not mean to stand by the President... - Theodore Roosevelt, Lincoln and Free Speech, Metropolitan Magazine, Volume 47, Number 6, May 1918.

Every Communist must grasp the truth. Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun. Our principle is that the Party commands the gun, and the gun must never be allowed to command the Party Mao Zedong, 6 November, 1938 - speech to the Communist Patry of China's sixth Central Committee

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by WillBrink View Post
    Not an attorney or LE, but I think involuntary manslaughter might stick for the one guy with his knee on the guys neck not paying attention to him for such a lengthy amount of time after he stops making any noises, etc. The other two, I don't know.
    Not to be a d**ck, but the Cops body position was weird while he was kneeling over him. I thought ""Is he holding him like that so the body cam is pointed at the vehicle and never on himself or the Suspect?"
    The whole thing sucks.
    Edit to add; I didn't see any resistance but I would definitely like to see more video.
    Also, I believe the Mayor has called for the DA to put both the Cops in Jail.
    Last edited by Averageman; 05-27-20 at 19:36.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    What's the status of the "rioting?" Is it directed only against police, or is it a loot-and-burn like Baltimore or L.A. '92?

ETA: there are now photos of what appears to be looting from a Target (!) store. Might be employment for Roof Koreans in future.
    Last edited by Uni-Vibe; 05-27-20 at 20:39.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

This looks really bad.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by B Cart View Post
    Murder? Really? You think that officer purposefully and knowingly killed him with malice aforethought and premeditation? They'll have a really hard time proving that in court.

Now involuntary or criminally negligent manslaughter? ABSOLUTELY. He deserves at least that much for his actions.
    I believe he knew that man was passed out from lack of oxygen, knew he would probably die from continued pressure, and either hoped he'd die or didn't care. Killed a guy while purposely using deadly force or force likely to cause grevious bodily harm unjustifiably.

It's what Florida would call 2nd degree murder. Didnt set out to kill a guy that day but he did. A "reasonable person" would probably agree the force was unjustified and the "trained" (?) Officer is expected to know even better.

Whatever the charge he deserves many years in prison.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 26 Inf View Post
    I watched the video, I don't believe I saw him do anything 'responsive' or 'resistive' after 5:16.

Officer kneeling on him displays casual indifference to the subject's condition. This is going to cost the city a fortune, and probably end up with at least one officer convicted.

I one watched a video of a KCMO officer running into an arrest scene and kicking the shit out of a controlled suspect. Don't know what disturbed me more, the officers actions, or the fact that several other officers didn't intervene. Makes you wonder about the culture of the agency.

Kind of same question in my mind here.
    I would lean towards not a first time for most, maybe all, of them.

Had similar happening locally a few years back.

https://www.kentucky.com/news/local/...e44074023.html

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Lawmen usually don't rat out other lawmen.

The body cameras, if they survive, will contain interesting revelations, particularly the audio.
    Last edited by Uni-Vibe; 05-27-20 at 21:21.

Feedback Score
    25 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Averageman View Post
    This looks really bad.
    "Esme?"
    - Either you're part of the problem or you're part of the solution or you're just part of the landscape - Sam (Robert DeNiro) in, "Ronin" -

Page 6 of 89 FirstFirst ... 456781656 ... LastLast