Page 12 of 89 FirstFirst ... 210111213142262 ... LastLast

Thread: George Floyd and Minneapolis Police UoF - Rioting

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Uni-Vibe View Post
    White people do riot. Remember the Bundys? When they got their welfare cut off, they armed themselves, took over public property, fired shots.
    I wonder if James Yeager will be suiting up to go stand with the protesters in Milwaukee?
    98% Sarcastic. 100% Overthinking things and making up reasons for buying a new firearm.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ABNAK View Post
    Sorry, you lost me there. This is 2020, not 1865 or even 1965. The "offended" weren't even alive when the last scourges of "systemic racism" petered out. I don't want to hear that bullshit.

If you read my posts in this thread, you'll see I think that cop needs to be hung out to dry in the Graybar Hotel. I just don't excuse savage, predictable behavior. Wanna reinforce stereotypes? Well once again, that vibrant community did.
    Then there is no having honest discourse with you, you don't live in reality.

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    Twin Cities continue to burn, loot, and riot...
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d7K1...ature=emb_logo

squad cars destroyed.

NYC seems to have begun too.

Be safe out there folks.
    "Warriors"

Out of every 100 men, ten shouldn't even be there, eighty are just targets. Nine are the real fighters and we are lucky to have them for they make the battle. Ah, but the one...one is a Warrior, and he will bring all the others back.

-Heraclitis

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by J8127 View Post
    I have an honest question for you, and I'm not trolling or trying to get into a talking points war- what do you want to see them do instead? I don't agree with the looting and destruction and all that either, but call it a thought experiment if you must. Black Lives Matter was a peaceful protest, a social media campaign, that was hijacked and mocked and counter protested. Kneeling for the national anthem was a peaceful protest that was hijacked, mocked, turned into being about the troops (its not, at all), and completely derailed from being about police brutality and systemic racism. So messaging doesnt work. Peaceful protest doesnt work. And you have a population of people, whether you agree or not, who believe, correctly or incorrectly, that they and their families are being murdered in the streets and will get no justice- what should they do? what would you do?

EDIT- And I will add those last two questions are little loaded, given we are on a message board mulling over how violent they want to get about wearing a goddamn mask in public places.
    Stop emulating hip hop songs. Study hard in school. Be a proactive parent/parents. Learn the difference between right and wrong. Work hard. Get a part time job as soon as you’re old enough. Try your damnedest to not succumb to pier pressure. Choose your friends carefully. Be willing to cut bad people out of your life. Try to be a good person. Don’t live like a stereotype.

Feedback Score
    Then there is no having honest discourse with you, you don't live in reality.
    A cop killed someone, seemingly murder. What do you want to do besides investigate and put the cop on trial?
    That how we deal with stuff in America.

I could even, in extreme cases understand (but not condone) a riot on city hall, the police ststion, but burning down cousin Bruces shop isnt going to get you anything but a bottle for the night.

This isnt political, this is an excuse to burn shit and get free stuff-just like if the home pro-football team lost.

The looting is probably worse from shutdowns due to SARS-2.

Its sad, but honestly, it appears to be a bad cop, with bad leadership, in a city run by liberals, causing liberals to burn their liberal city down... its an Ouroboros.
    Last edited by MegademiC; 05-28-20 at 18:17.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Inkslinger View Post
    Stop emulating hip hop songs. Study hard in school. Be a proactive parent/parents. Learn the difference between right and wrong. Work hard. Get a part time job as soon as you’re old enough. Try your damnedest to not succumb to pier pressure. Choose your friends carefully. Be willing to cut bad people out of your life. Try to be a good person. Don’t live like a stereotype.
    I can get on board with some of this as long term fixes require cultural changes on each side, but none of that addresses anything right now, and some of it is irrelevant. Which stereotype was Arbery living like when he was lynched? Which law punishes petty crimes with death? Are you really sure every single person whos been killed by police was just some bad person? Look I'm on the cops side 90% of the time, but there is a real problem that each side is just digging in harder over.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by MegademiC View Post
    A cop killed someone, seemingly murder. What do you want to do besides investigate and put the cop on trial?
    That how we deal with stuff in America.

I could even, in extreme cases understand (but not condone) a riot on city hall, the police ststion, but burning down cousin Bruces shop isnt going to get you anything but a bottle for the night.

This isnt political, this is an excuse to burn shit and get free stuff-just like the home pro-football team lost.
    I agree with you, except that isn't what happens and that's literally the entire point of the police brutality protests- that police are not being held accountable. EDIT- I'm specifically talking about the protest at large, not specific instances like this riot.
    Last edited by J8127; 05-28-20 at 18:16.

Feedback Score
    64 (98%)
    I agree with you, except that isn't what happens and that's literally the entire point of the police brutality protests- that police are not being held accountable. EDIT- I'm specifically talking about the protest at large, not specific instances like this riot.
    People don't like facing hard truths. I am slowly coming to change my views on a lot of this. Once you really start looking it is easy to look at how we got to where we are today. People saying "well we are all the same now" ignore the overall timeline and situation.
    Tell my tale to those who ask. Tell it truly; the ill deeds along with the good, and let me be judged accordingly.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

George Floyd and Minneapolis Police UoF - Rioting

I can get on board with some of this as long term fixes require cultural changes on each side, but none of that addresses anything right now, and some of it is irrelevant. Which stereotype was Arbery living like when he was lynched? Which law punishes petty crimes with death? Are you really sure every single person whos been killed by police was just some bad person? Look I'm on the cops side 90% of the time, but there is a real problem that each side is just digging in harder over.
    I’m not talking about individuals killed by police. I’m talking about the entire “inner city” culture regardless of their ethnicity. The best chance of real change comes on an individual basis. When being an A student becomes cooler than wearing your pants around your knees and being a thug, the culture will change.
    Last edited by Inkslinger; 05-28-20 at 18:25.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Inkslinger View Post
    I’m not talking about individuals killed by police. I’m talking about the entire “inner city” culture regardless of their ethnicity. The best chance of real change comes on an individual basis. When being an A student become cooler than wearing your pants around your knees and being a thug, the culture will change.
    This is a thread about somebody being killed by the police and the reaction to it, so cool I guess.

Page 12 of 89 FirstFirst ... 210111213142262 ... LastLast