Page 3 of 89 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast

Thread: George Floyd and Minneapolis Police UoF - Rioting

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Vic79 View Post
    Sucks for him. Wouldn’t of happened if he cuffed up when it was requested. Wouldn’t have happened if he was at a normal “legal” job.Wouldn’t of happened if he didn’t resist arrest.From the video I saw it doesn’t look like his airway was ever restricted. Will be interesting to see what the toxicology report comes back as.
    Wow. Some serious mental gymnastics to justify the killing of a man who was in police custody.

Resisting arrest is not punishable by death. Any of his past actions before the altercation are not either. Eveytime something like this happens a smear campaign starts to make the officers look better.

Cops ****ed up. IF they are found guilty then I hope justice is carried out. LEOs should not be above the law.
    Last edited by foxtrotx1; 05-27-20 at 14:24.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Sucks for him. Wouldn’t of happened if he cuffed up when it was requested. Wouldn’t have happened if he was at a normal “legal” job.Wouldn’t of happened if he didn’t resist arrest.From the video I saw it doesn’t look like his airway was ever restricted. Will be interesting to see what the toxicology report comes back as.
    My sentiments exactly. No one goes back to the very beginning.

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Esq. View Post
    I have yet to see any mention of the fact that he has at least one felony conviction (theft) out of Houston, Texas.....Not surprising.
    That LITERALLY has zero to do with this case. ****ing insane.
    98% Sarcastic. 100% Overthinking things and making up reasons for buying a new firearm.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    I make it a point in my life to, as much as possible, never come in contact with the police when they are working. All kinds of things can go wrong.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Vandal View Post
    It does look bad and if your arrestee suddenly stops fighting and yelling you need to be concerned as you are responsible for them. Not a good time to keep leaning on the suspect. The autopsy results will be important.
    This. The officers had all the right in the world to use force to get the perp cuffed and down since he was resisting, but once he stopped fighting, and ESPECIALLY once he lost consciousness after saying he couldn't breath, the officer absolutely should have gotten off of him, and even rendered first aid. I'm sure the officer didn't mean to kill him, but he is absolutely responsible for his callous disregard and continued use of force once the guy quit moving and went unconscious.

I am not a lawyer, but if the autopsy shows the cause of death to be suffocation, I think a minimum charge of involuntary manslaughter/criminally-negligent manslaughter is completely warranted.

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    This site is unbelievable lately.

If he was not doing something wrong, he would have not been arrested, sure. However, there is no good way at all to view the fact the man suffocated under a cops knee while complaining he could not breath, his stomach hurt, everything hurt and he ****ing pissed himself.

All while other officers on and first responders on scene heard the man's pleas.
    98% Sarcastic. 100% Overthinking things and making up reasons for buying a new firearm.

Feedback Score
    Why wasn't the prisoner picked up and put in the back of a police car and transported to jail?

Why the hell would you kneel on a cuffed person for 8 minutes?

Even if you were forced to wait at the scene for a supervisor due to use of force, put the prisoner in a car.

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by yoni View Post
    Why wasn't the prisoner picked up and put in the back of a police car and transported to jail?

Why the hell would you kneel on a cuffed person for 8 minutes?

Even if you were forced to wait at the scene for a supervisor due to use of force, put the prisoner in a car.
    Would standard procedure differ between departments on this?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by WickedWillis View Post
    Would standard procedure differ between departments on this?
    Yes. Some places don't have caged cars to safely transport and rely on a transport van, this is more common in large East Coast and Mid-West cities. In both agencies I have worked for if we are waiting on medics to check out the suspect for some reason, we didn't put them in a car prior to medical clearance.
    Reads a lot, posts little.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by foxtrotx1 View Post
    Wow. Some serious mental gymnastics to justify the killing of a man who was in police custody.

Resisting arrest is not punishable by death. Any of his past actions before the altercation are not either. Eveytime something like this happens a smear campaign starts to make the officers look better.

Cops ****ed up. IF they are found guilty then I hope justice is carried out. LEOs should not be above the law.
    I see very little EVIDENCE the officers "***ed up" at this point. Resisting arrest is not punishable by death. But then, if they were TRYING TO KILL HIM they could have just shot him. So I don't see that they "just murdered him".....bad shit happens when you do bad things and the responsibility for at least SOME OF THAT should rightfully fall on the offender. Let's see what the body cams show before we "no justice, no peas".
    The truth can only offend those who live a lie.

Page 3 of 89 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast