Page 40 of 89 FirstFirst ... 30383940414250 ... LastLast

Thread: George Floyd and Minneapolis Police UoF - Rioting

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Evel Baldgui View Post
    "amped up" ??? Looks more like FEAR driven. Also, neighborhood doesn't appear to be a center of unrest, go where the riots are, not soccer mom town. Sorry this is bullshit.
    The question should be: When does the mission of law enforcement supersede the rights of lawful citizens on their own property - in this case on the front porch of their house?

I don't live in an urban or suburban residential environment so I don't have to deal with this sort of thing, but I wouldn't be inclined to listen to anyone barking orders at me from a public street while I'm enjoying the comfort and safety of my private property. Especially when I am lawful in my actions.

What's the old saying: "When you're the hammer, everyone else looks like a nail".
    Maj. USAR (Ret) 160th SOAR, 2/17 CAV
    NRA Life Member
    Black Mesa Ranch. Raising Fine Cattle and Horses in San Miguel County since 1879

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by OH58D View Post
    Interesting video of Minneapolis PD doing a residential street sweep, and shooting non-lethal projectiles at people on their own front porch. In my case, it would be a cup of Sunday Morning coffee at my own house sitting on the porch. Looks to be some amped up officers this morning:

https://twitter.com/i/web/status/1266921821653385225
    Too damn scared to go after the rioters... who need shot... but they go after people on their front porch? What the actual ****? These leftist controlled democrat run states are getting outta hand. This damn place gonna turn into some kind of suni v shia shit hole before long... Next thing you know it will be a full blown civil war 2.0.
    You know what I like best about most people?

Their dogs.

Feedback Score
    I tend to agree but if you watch the video, there are quite of few black masked antifa members on that porch. I think law enforcement has long ago become too militarized, but this isnt about George. This is about burning this country down. Plain and simple

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by chamber143 View Post
    I tend to agree but if you watch the video, there are quite of few black masked antifa members on that porch. I think law enforcement has long ago become too militarized, but this isnt about George. This is about burning this country down. Plain and simple
    I’m fine with police having militarized tactical units. Terrorism and heavily armed criminals necessitate the need for SWAT and, in this case, anti-riot units. But militarized police who feel that they are an elite brotherhood that views the public with suspicion and contempt? That’s where the problem lies. Even though most cops are good honest servants of the people, that toxic elitist culture runs deep in law enforcement and creates huge problems when it rears its ugly head.
    Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who do not.-Ben Franklin

there’s some good in this world, Mr. Frodo. And it’s worth fighting for.-Samwise Gamgee

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Uni-Vibe View Post
    George Floyd funeral will be in Houston. Might be a mess.
    Awwww Come on, What could go wrong in Houston?
    Austin is Houston's soy boy and they had rioting, looting and random arson last night.

All this isn't going to work very far left or right on I-35 North of Austin or South of Dallas

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Good news is that the Hunan Flu pandemic is over. The same tyrannical mayors and governors who were a week ago ticketing churchgoers, arresting mothers who took their kids to parks and harassing elderly people on the beach are now okaying wanton gathering, protesting and civil disobedience.
    Philippians 2:10-11

To argue with a person who renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead. ~ Thomas Paine

“The greatest conspiracy theory is the notion that your government cares about you”- unknown.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by flenna View Post
    Good news is that the Hunan Flu pandemic is over. The same tyrannical mayors and governors who were a week ago ticketing churchgoers, arresting mothers who took their kids to parks and harassing elderly people on the beach are now okaying wanton gathering, protesting and civil disobedience.
    We shouldn't be surprised if when all the comrades are done expressing themselves with strong emotions, stickie fingers , and their inner fire bug that these Demo mayors and governors go back to some sort of modified lock down action.

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by chamber143 View Post
    I tend to agree but if you watch the video, there are quite of few black masked antifa members on that porch.
    LOL. You mean the bandana, the home made mask, and the dust filter? Yeah, they looked rough and tumble.
    - Jeff

“Every record has been destroyed or falsified, every book rewritten, every picture has been repainted, every statue and street building has been renamed, every date has been altered. And the process is continuing day by day and minute by minute. History has stopped. Nothing exists except an endless present in which the Party is always right.” ― George Orwell, 1984

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by OH58D View Post
    The question should be: When does the mission of law enforcement supersede the rights of lawful citizens on their own property - in this case on the front porch of their house?

I don't live in an urban or suburban residential environment so I don't have to deal with this sort of thing, but I wouldn't be inclined to listen to anyone barking orders at me from a public street while I'm enjoying the comfort and safety of my private property. Especially when I am lawful in my actions.

What's the old saying: "When you're the hammer, everyone else looks like a nail".
    That could very easily have ended with half a dozen guys getting 2 or 3 rounds in the back of the pelvis below their plate carriers as they smugly Ran down the street popping rounds off at people on their porch.

If I saw a neighbor on their porch take a couple of rounds and run inside, or it just happened to your family, that would set off some reactions in many-
    Especially if it didn’t immediately register as simunitions.

On the one hand we have damning video and photos of a LEO. So, there is the horrible specter of not getting a guy in cuffs medical attention.

On the other hand we have events where a guy claiming medical problems got the upper hand. In an ER near Fort Bragg last year a guy rolled up for warrants started saying he had asthma and breathing problems. When he was taken to the ER he went spider monkey on the cop, got his gun, and shot him. By coincidence another cop was there and ended it. What if he wasn’t? Hospitals are notorious no carry gun free zones typically with unarmed security. There well could have been the horrible specter of several deaths for not being too hardcore on criminals faking medical problems.

The public is jumping on this, and the travesty of it all.

A closer look makes things take a different light.

About 6% of the population accounts for half the killed LEOs.
    And most of the violent crimes on that same six percent.
    It’s exactly the oposite of the main stream narrative and public outrage.

LEOs kill about 1000 people a year.
    3/4 of them are not black people.
    About 1% seem a little out of line, not by the book, etc.
    About 0.25% seem criminal and way out of line and result in charges.

That’s compared to about 18k homicides a year in America not involving LEO. This is not counting legit self defense, etc.
    About half of the victims are black.
    And over half of the offenders were black.
    And virtually all of the black victims were killed by black people.

Roughly,
    Police 250 on the scoreboard with a 99% legit rate.
    African Americans, well, account for roughly 30 times that on themselves.

I’m not in support of a lot we end up seeing from the LE community.
    But they are a single piranha nibbling on the toe, not the circling shark resulting in the real number of deaths in that community.

For this cities are burning, the public is outraged, innocent citizens have violence wrought upon them by both criminals and LE, ...
    It’s madness.

People are losing their minds over this from all places in the spectrum.
    “Where weapons may not be carried, it is well to carry weapons.”

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    George Floyd demonstrations are now spreading in Europe. London and Berlin at least.

Page 40 of 89 FirstFirst ... 30383940414250 ... LastLast