Page 75 of 89 FirstFirst ... 2565737475767785 ... LastLast

Thread: George Floyd and Minneapolis Police UoF - Rioting

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by PracticalRifleman View Post
    Isn’t just that the strategy of these dirtbags? Offend, coax, and bait police into doing something they shouldn’t?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    If they can't control their emotions, they can't control their own behavior. That's a bad enough combination of traits with a private citizen and something entirely worse with someone in a position of authority.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jsbhike View Post
    That beats promoting anti 2nd Amendment legislation and politicians as done by the NRA.
    Actually, no. It really doesn’t. The NRA-ILA is still doing good things. The GOA is just enriching the Pratts.

Feedback Score
    If they can't control their emotions, they can't control their own behavior. That's a bad enough combination of traits with a private citizen and something entirely worse with someone in a position of authority.
    These idiots are intentionally putting them to the test. They are criminals and attempting to cause problems so they can “go viral”. Turns out, the protestors aren’t going viral. They are just a virus.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Actually, no. It really doesn’t. The NRA-ILA is still doing good things. The GOA is just enriching the Pratts.

The Pratts don't seem to be getting nearly as rich as Wayne and crew.

Getting anti 2nd Amendment laws on the books and anti 2nd Amendment politicians in office so the NRA-ILA can spear head a valiant struggle against the problems their organization helped create just doesn't cut it with me.
    Last edited by jsbhike; 06-06-20 at 12:00.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    These idiots are intentionally putting them to the test. They are criminals and attempting to cause problems so they can “go viral”. Turns out, the protestors aren’t going viral. They are just a virus.

And the reason those people know the cops will lose their shit over it is because countless people engaging in completely lawful behavior have been hassled by police long before cell phone cameras were invented.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by foxtrotx1 View Post
    I'm seeing so many people defend the deployment of the military in a country where we fought to prevent that.
    Most Americans believe the Posse Comitatus Act, 1878, is part of the Constitution or at least based on long held founding principles. This is not true. The Posse Comitatus Act was enacted by racists to end reconstruction and Federal enforcement of Civil Rights in the South.

Some history that counters the "founding principle" theory of the military not being used to enforce the law:
    Shays' Rebellion, 1786
    Whiskey Rebellion, 1791
    Fries Rebellion, 1799
    I'll give you a quick overview. Each one was a large enough rebellion that it overwhelmed any of what we would call law enforcement. Each one ended with a militia being used to restore law and order.

You should also read:
    Calling Forth Act, 1792
    Allows the President to call up the militia, including... "whenever the laws of the United States shall be opposed or the execution thereof obstructed, in any state, by combinations too powerful to be suppressed by the ordinary course of judicial proceedings, or by the powers vested in the marshals by this act"

Feedback Score
    The Pratts don't seem to be getting nearly as rich as Wayne and crew.

Getting anti 2nd Amendment laws on the books and anti 2nd Amendment politicians in office so the NRA-ILA can spear head a valiant struggle against the problems their organization helped create just doesn't cut it with me.
    The NRA being bad doesn’t make the GOA good.

Feedback Score
    And the reason those people know the cops will lose their shit over it is because countless people engaging in completely lawful behavior have been hassled by police long before cell phone cameras were invented.
    It’s a small minority. And much of the things they are doing is not “lawful behavior”. Refusing to evacuate during a riot is not lawful. Throwing bricks and police is not lawful. So on and so forth.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    The NRA being bad doesn’t make the GOA good.

This is true.

What makes GOA good is by doing no harm in the first place (not supporting bad laws/politicians) while trying to repeal bad laws and get bad politicians out of office.

See how easy that could be for people and groups you support? But they just can't keep from doing detrimental crap.

Feedback Score
    This is true.

What makes GOA good is by doing no harm in the first place (not supporting bad laws/politicians) while trying to repeal bad laws and get bad politicians out of office.

See how easy that could be for people and groups you support? But they just can't keep from doing detrimental crap.
    They are taking away money from the groups doing the most good.

Page 75 of 89 FirstFirst ... 2565737475767785 ... LastLast