I'm looking for a pistol to Form 1 into an SBR most likely, assuming the 'pistol braces' don't work out as intended. I prefer more mass and a bigger hole for subsonic use with a suppressor. I could use a 300BO super short rifle but, at ~$2/rd right now isn't terribly attractive for the volume I shoot so, I'm thinking 45ACP 'ball' ammo inside ~75 yards with something that handles well and swings fast (think dogs running full speed at me). Last time, I anchored the dog at ~30 yards at a dead hard run directly at me (in fact, the M193 from KAC SR-15 seemed to fragment on impact with no exits and caused him to stop at the front legs while the rear end came up and over with no further movement).

While my KAC SR-15 is a truly awesome rifle, even in my pathic hands, it's not what I want to be using inside 30 yards, especially with a suppressor mounted. I'm thinking a 45ACP rifle with a short barrel and a suppressor is a better solution for me. A 16" barrel and can is out as I can do that with a non-NFA AR-15/9/whatever.

I am thinking about an LWRC SMG-45 as an initial option. A Sig MPX might be a worthwhile choice for 9mm but, I'm thinking 45ACP right now especially since I do see feral hogs occasionally and I have zero confidence in a 9mm working there, though for dogs it is probably good enough.

What experiences does everyone have with the SMG-45? Or, something similar from B&T or some other manufacturer I have missed?

TIA,
Sid