Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: LWRC SMG-45 or ...?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    Buy nothing from LWRC ever, under any circumstances, for any reason.

Complete Garbage. I don't even know how those ass wipes are still in business.
    I have mixed feelings about my Six8 but, it is a relatively early one. I will say it functions 100% and takes hogs well. Like some other options I have tried, I find it to be a bit of a pig in the weight department. A thermal scope and suppressor almost make it a fixed position only rifle.

My 6.8SPC PSA AR-15 is more accurate and a whole lot lighter. I don't like the AR-15 magazines though. Magpul Six8 magazines are definitely better.

What is your problem or concern with LWRC? Definitely not perfect but, not terrible either. They had the first piston 6.8 solution that really worked so, I cut them some slack for being an early adopter. Even GM had to take several bites of the diesel Apple to get a reasonable solution in public hands.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Seems that you could use something ballistically superior to a pistol caliber, yet still short and handy. I would personally opt for a Steyr AUG, x95 sbr, SCAR16 sbr, CZ Bren2 sbr, or 10.5-11.5 AR15 SBR.
    SLG Defense 07/02 FFL/SOT

Feedback Score
    I have found LWRC International a fine company who builds superior firearms and provides great service.

I proudly own five (5) LWRC International rifles and each and every one functions flawlessly. A 16" REPR, a 20" REPR Mk-2 w/ AAC Mk-13 suppressor, two (2) M6 IC's (one suppressed) in 5.56 NATO and my pride and joy M6 A5 10-1/2" SBR w/ Gentech Trex-T suppressor. I've yet to have a part fail, never had a failure to feed or fire, their fit and finish is still near perfect except for the abuse I impart upon them. Each is as accurate as I am able to shoot them. I don't know about their warrantees system, as I never had need to engage it. If I order a part from them, it ships the next business day.

Couldn't ask for more.
    "Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." Ben Franklin

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I know that you said no 10mm, but deals can be found if patient and your requirements screams 10mm quite honestly. I recently bought a 500 round case of WWB 180 grain 10mm for $235 plus tax and free shipping from Midway. I hardly shoot 10mm, just use for familiarization and that's it. I recommend a 10mm Banshee from CMMG. Feeds from G20 mags.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    Buy nothing from LWRC ever, under any circumstances, for any reason.

Complete Garbage. I don't even know how those ass wipes are still in business.
    Before or after Paul left? Both?

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by FightinQ View Post
    Before or after Paul left? Both?
    MarkM hates LWRC more than pandas hate reproducing.
    RLTW

Former Action Guy
    Disclosure: I am affiliated PRN with a tactical training center, but I speak only for myself. I have no idea what we sell, other than CLP and training. I receive no income from sale of hard goods.

Feedback Score
    32 (100%)
    markm probably hasn't touched an LWRC product in a year ending in either '2X or '1X, either.
    " Nil desperandum - Never Despair. That is a motto for you and me. All are not dead; and where there is a spark of patriotic fire, we will rekindle it. "
    - Samuel Adams -

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    So for someone in the know, could they explain?

Feedback Score
    If you’re thinking 45, the LWRC is probably the best game in town. The Vector may be an option but I think the recoil system’s benefits disappear when it’s not a machine gun.

If CZ could make a Scorpion in 45ACP, they’d sell a bazillion of them.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Sounds like an M1 carbine or an AR in .350 legend would do you well. The .350 is a nice straight wall cartridge that takes .223 cases with essentially 9mm bullets. Doesn't have the distance of a .223 or .556 but will thump whatever it hits really well and can be in a firearm you are used to. The M1 is and M1 it's been talked to death but it is a light handy package and throwing a small red dot on a commercial version would be just fine. Alternatively a trapper style lever gun in .38/.357 or even 44mag would't be bad.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast