Thread: Help with pricing

Feedback Score

Help with pricing

Greetings,
    I have started to take stock of my guns and my spares and realized that I do not shoot my A1 at all, so it is time to sell it to somebody who will appreciate it more.

The A1 I have is built on a preban PWA receiver, under 10k SN, is in good condition but was a shooter back in the day. I bought the rifle in the 90s. Definitely not a safe queen but not beat to hell either. Since it’s a preban and an A1 I am having trouble figuring out a value.

Second, is a set of A1 furniture. Black, triangular handguards are good with only one minor crack that is maybe half inch long, grip is nice as is the stock.

Any help with values greatly appreciated.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 686+ View Post
    Greetings,
    I have started to take stock of my guns and my spares and realized that I do not shoot my A1 at all, so it is time to sell it to somebody who will appreciate it more.

The A1 I have is built on a preban PWA receiver, under 10k SN, is in good condition but was a shooter back in the day. I bought the rifle in the 90s. Definitely not a safe queen but not beat to hell either. Since it’s a preban and an A1 I am having trouble figuring out a value.

Second, is a set of A1 furniture. Black, triangular handguards are good with only one minor crack that is maybe half inch long, grip is nice as is the stock.

Any help with values greatly appreciated.
    More details required.

Barrel markings
    Upper receiver forge codes
    Stock type (D or E)
    LPK/FCG
    Delta ring or flat ring
    FH (A1 birdcage or 3-prong)
    Receiver extension
    Buffer

PWA lowers, although being pre-ban, can bring a pretty penny by someone looking for an old pre-ban lower. The lower receiver itself, could bring between $100-$200 in states that are not ban states. In ban states, it is possible that they could bring $300-$500. As far as the rest of the rifle, it all depends on the answers to the items I pointed out.

The handguards, even with the small crack, could bring about $50. The A1 pistol grip, about $15. If the stock is a D type, it may bring about $50-$75. If an E type, about $65-$100. Of course, that all depends on the right buyer and/or how bad you want/need to sell them. Original furniture in good condition is getting harder to find for a decent price.
    Last edited by Renegade04; 05-27-20 at 20:51.
    "A Bad Day At The Range Is Better Than A Great Day Working"

USMC Force Recon 1978-1984
    US Air Force Res. 1995-2004 (Air Transportation)
    M16/AR15 shooter since 1978, gun collector and AR builder since 2004

Feedback Score
    Thank you for the information. I will find the A1 info and update.

Feedback Score
    I hope your problem has sorted out.