Thread: Rattly zipper upper receiver from Aero precision.

Feedback Score

Rattly zipper upper receiver from Aero precision.

First off it's the M4E1 with handguard sold as a set.
    First I Used an Anderson lower and it's not just loose but inexcusably loose beyond belief. Also tried every lower me and my friend have. Colt, DPMS, Rainer, and spikes. All very loose.so I bought those 45 dollar oversize pins and got it tighter but still have to use an accuwedge? Is this common? So I'm using my pistol build receiver, a Rainer Smith's brothers .
    also second problem is it sounds like a zipper going up and down when the bolt carrier is moving inside. So we tried multiple bolts with the same result some much worse than others but still extremely noticeable. This second issue I did contact aero precision about. They sent an email back saying it should be safe to shoot. It's probably tight. Email us if you have any problems. Now is that the proper way to handle an issue? I'm new to AR-15 as far as building them goes. I have manufactured rifles, the colt is mine. On the first hundred forty rounds fired on the new gun the finish on a nitride bolt carrier rubbed completely off of the side of the cam and leading edges of the gas key? Sounds like a zipper still. Tried multiple bolts. Removing the forward assist altogether . Checking charger handles. So any ideas would help from you experts. I fired this rifle and it shoots very very well better than I can .My friend says it's a 1 MOA or better rifle. he helped me cited in since I am visually impaired and rely heavily on the scope

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Separate the upper from the lower and watch as you move the BCG back and forth and see if you can find where it's rubbing. One possibility is the barrel nut isn't aligned correctly and the gas tube is off to one side inside the receiver.
    The number of folks on my Full Of Shit list grows everyday

http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n289/SgtSongDog/AR%20Carbine/DSC_0114.jpg
    I am American

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Welcome to the Forum and Good Luck.

Keith