Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: The Q Cherry bomb and Plan B

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    I’ve only ever installed my Trash Panda on my cherry bomb totally dry and hand tight. It’s never been a problem.

But if Q was as perfect as Kevin B thinks he would have used LH threads on the cherry bomb to suppresser

Feedback Score
    69 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by TMS951 View Post
    But if Q was as perfect as Kevin B thinks he would have used LH threads on the cherry bomb to suppresser
    And put the tapers behind the threads. I look at my high end Sata and Iwata spray gun fluid nozzles and they have the taper behind the thread in relation to the paint. I’ve also seen more issues with Q cans vs other brands kB trashes. But that’s Part of the NFA game, you can boast and claim anything you want and no one will call you out for it until tax stamps clear in 6 to 9 months.
    Last edited by VIP3R 237; 06-01-20 at 06:38.
    I paint spaceship parts.

Quote Originally Posted by Failure2Stop View Post
    Stippled Glocks are like used underwear; previous owner makes all the difference in value.

Feedback Score
    40 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by VIP3R 237 View Post
    And put the tapers behind the threads. I look at my high end Sata and Iwata spray gun fluid nozzles and they have the taper behind the thread in relation to the paint. I’ve also seen more issues with Q cans vs other brands kB trashes. But that’s Part of the NFA game, you can boast and claim anything you want and no one will call you out for it until tax stamps clear and 6 to 9 months.
    No, you should never do this with a suppressor. Taper in front of the threads to keep carbon away from the threads.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by themonk View Post
    No, you should never do this with a suppressor. Taper in front of the threads to keep carbon away from the threads.
    I think there are valid arguments for both methods. YHM seems to agree with Q.
    RLTW

“What’s New” button, but without GD: https://www.m4carbine.net/search.php...new&exclude=60 , courtesy of ST911.

Disclosure: I am affiliated PRN with a tactical training center, but I speak only for myself. I have no idea what we sell, other than CLP and training. I receive no income from sale of hard goods.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    What is the benefit of that arrangement?

And put the tapers behind the threads.
    In what way are these applications similar?
    I look at my high end Sata and Iwata spray gun fluid nozzles and they have the taper behind the thread in relation to the paint.
    Black River Tactical
    BRT OPTIMUM Hammer Forged Chrome Lined Barrels - 11.5", 12.5", 14.5", 16"
    BRT EZTUNE Preset Gas Tubes - PISTOL, CAR, MID, RIFLE
    BRT Bolt Carrier Groups M4A1, M16 CHROME
    BRT Covert Comps 5.56, 6X, 7.62

Feedback Score
    69 (100%)
    Threads seal against the paint from entering the air cap and the tapers are for alignment. Fluid nozzles have to have perfect alignment for the needle or else your spray pattern will be off. Same principle with suppressor mounts, threads seal and the taper aligns and locks the can. When you put tapers first, especially with the cherry bomb, carbon fouling can cause the suppressor to stick as the cherry bomb and the Q cans create a 90° shoulder that carbon builds up and can cause it to stick.

Here’s a photo of one of my muzzle devices that has the taper behind the threads, look how clean the taper is even though it’s seen thousands of rounds. https://www.instagram.com/p/Btzq1yqH...d=xqu6c95sx772
    Last edited by VIP3R 237; 06-01-20 at 14:25.
    I paint spaceship parts.

Stippled Glocks are like used underwear; previous owner makes all the difference in value.

Feedback Score
    40 (100%)
    Yea man, that's old tech and Knights will tell you the same thing. Any new QD mount should have the taper in front of the threads.

4k rounds:

Feedback Score
    69 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by themonk View Post
    Yea man, that's old tech and Knights will tell you the same thing. Any new QD mount should have the taper in front of the threads.

4k rounds:
    That kinda proves my point. Look how dirty your tapers are which is critical as the taper provides the bore alignment.
    I paint spaceship parts.

Feedback Score
    40 (100%)
    We tried

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Tapers align and seal; threads pull mating tapers together. Threads are not generally thought of as seals. Tapers don't take much mating force to lock up pretty tight. Anyone who's used a Bridgeport with an R8 collet knows you may have to smack the drawbar pretty hard to break the taper's seal.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast