Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: The Q Cherry bomb and Plan B

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfpack View Post
    For what it's worth, I make a Plan B compatible flash hider that has wrench flats behind the mount so you can wrench on it if it were to seize up.
    https://www.wolfpackarmory.com/produ...-b-flash-hider
    How does your offering compare to reardens?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by themonk View Post
    In my experience you need to treat the plan b the same way you would a direct thread. Screw the can on till it stops back it off a 1/4 turn and snap you hand around with a lot of torque. I have not had an issue since I learned that.
    Thank you! I will try that the next time.

Quote Originally Posted by TMS951 View Post
    How does your offering compare to reardens?
    I actually bought the Night Howler (the WolfPack Plan B flash hider). It's like an A1 birdcage. Uses 3/4" wrench flats (smaller than Rearden's 13/16" flats).

Feedback Score
    For what it's worth, I make a Plan B compatible flash hider that has wrench flats behind the mount so you can wrench on it if it were to seize up.
    https://www.wolfpackarmory.com/produ...-b-flash-hider
    I was looking at this just yesterday. Do you make a version that will take a 14.5 to 16?

Feedback Score
    One other question. For you guys who have devices locking up are you using the nitride or the raw finished versions? I thought I had read someplace that the non nitride versions were more susceptible to carbon lockup.

Feedback Score
    40 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dutch110 View Post
    One other question. For you guys who have devices locking up are you using the nitride or the raw finished versions? I thought I had read someplace that the non nitride versions were more susceptible to carbon lockup.
    I have both and it doesn't seem to matter. The first thing I do when I get a new muzzle device is put some anti-seize on the mating surface of the muzzle device and spin the can on and off. I originally had the same issue as metroplex but now with the snap method I have had it lock up a few times but I purchased a cheap wrench that I throw in my range bag and just twist it off at the plan b side if needed- https://amzn.to/3KgOPAa. I don't use the cherry bomb, only readon.
    nawai

Feedback Score
    I was looking at this just yesterday. Do you make a version that will take a 14.5 to 16?
    Unfortunately we do not. We started making these so that we could offer a silencer mount on a new project that were working on without paying out the ass. I started selling them as a stand alone product but don't currently have plans to offer a longer version. Maybe if we get a ton of request and nobody else makes one.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by themonk View Post
    I have both and it doesn't seem to matter. The first thing I do when I get a new muzzle device is put some anti-seize on the mating surface of the muzzle device and spin the can on and off. I originally had the same issue as metroplex but now with the snap method I have had it lock up a few times but I purchased a cheap wrench that I throw in my range bag and just twist it off at the plan b side if needed- https://amzn.to/3KgOPAa. I don't use the cherry bomb, only readon.
    Agree on the snap method and treating it like a direct thread. I believe they even have torque specs for attaching the can.

I have been direct threading my OCL Polonium now for a few months (its in jail and I get conjugal visits) until I could decide which attachment method I want to use. Put it on manually and they cinch it tight with a wrench. Interestingly enough the phosphate barrel never works loose. The stainless barrel does.

Feedback Score
    Unfortunately we do not. We started making these so that we could offer a silencer mount on a new project that were working on without paying out the ass. I started selling them as a stand alone product but don't currently have plans to offer a longer version. Maybe if we get a ton of request and nobody else makes one.
    Gracias. The only one I can find so far is the Rearden. Not very many options for a 14.5. Or should I say ones that are of the standard A2 design. There are a few out there that look like they should be on the business end of a Transformer.

Feedback Score
    40 (100%)
    Gracias. The only one I can find so far is the Rearden. Not very many options for a 14.5. Or should I say ones that are of the standard A2 design. There are a few out there that look like they should be on the business end of a Transformer.
    Liberty Precision Machine makes a couple. I have the readon R2C on one of my 14.5.
    nawai

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456