Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: The Q Cherry bomb and Plan B

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 1168 View Post
    Is it completely ambient temp when you’re removing it?

It kinda sounds as if the oil is helping you crank the can on with more tension than you intend, and then when it cooks off, your can is stuck. Does that sound accurate?

I would say that you are correct except when it does come off at times when I put lube. It is interesting. I will try the anti seize and go from there.

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Is the barrel tapered or square shouldered? If it's square maybe consider having the barrel tapered for the Cherry Bomb, not a huge investment and if you move away from the cherry bomb in the future you can use an adapter ring to get a square shoulder again.

Had a barrel tapered by Class 3 Machining for $50, that included return shipping a few days later and my Cherry Bomb hasn't moved.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by t1tan View Post
    Is the barrel tapered or square shouldered? If it's square maybe consider having the barrel tapered for the Cherry Bomb, not a huge investment and if you move away from the cherry bomb in the future you can use an adapter ring to get a square shoulder again.

Had a barrel tapered by Class 3 Machining for $50, that included return shipping a few days later and my Cherry Bomb hasn't moved.
    I have a DD, Hodge and KAC barrel I would have to do this with. Sounds scary lol

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by SDG8 View Post
    I have a DD, Hodge and KAC barrel I would have to do this with. Sounds scary lol
    I did it with a 10.5 Noveske and I'm happy with the results.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by t1tan View Post
    I did it with a 10.5 Noveske and I'm happy with the results.

How would that help my situation?

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    How would that help my situation?
    Adds surface area for the Cherry Bomb's internal taper geometry, they claim +/- 20% more force to remove than to install, so may help keep the Cherry Bomb from coming off with the suppressor.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I appreciate that , sir.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    I would say that you are correct except when it does come off at times when I put lube. It is interesting. I will try the anti seize and go from there.
    Contrary to everyone else, I’d try it dry. Additionally, make sure you clean and prep the muzzle threads and internal brake threads prior to Rocksetting. That stuff should be pretty strong if prepped right.
    RLTW

“What’s New” button, but without GD: https://www.m4carbine.net/search.php...new&exclude=60 , courtesy of ST911.

Disclosure: I am affiliated PRN with a tactical training center, but I speak only for myself. I have no idea what we sell, other than CLP and training. I receive no income from sale of hard goods.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    I would like to expand on a point already made regarding weapon lube on suppressor threads/taper mounts. Lube isn't designed for the heat that develops in a suppressor. Add a bit of carbon from leakage/blowby at the threads and taper, and you get something approaching concrete. Running the mount dry makes removal much easier than if you have used gun oil.
    I've found that high temp anti-seize works best. ALG go-juice is a close second. For whatever reason it doesn't turn to "concrete" on suppressor threads/tapers like other gun oils I have tried.

--JoshNC, Clint, Biggy: care to share your experience?

Try some anti-seize and report back for us.
    Last edited by MQ105; 05-31-20 at 13:55.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    We've only had Cherry Bombs get momentarily "stuck" in the mount while farting around with loose pieces that aren't even assembled.

No issues In normal use, other than difficulty removing the suppressor while hot.

This includes both square and tapered shouldered barrels where the CB was installed using torque only, no Rocksett.

We run the tapers and threads dry but clean and use only light hand torque to install the suppressors (50% full value).
    Black River Tactical
    BRT OPTIMUM Hammer Forged Chrome Lined Barrels - 11.5", 12.5", 14.5", 16"
    BRT EZTUNE Preset Gas Tubes - PISTOL, CAR, MID, RIFLE
    BRT Bolt Carrier Groups M4A1, M16 CHROME
    BRT Covert Comps 5.56, 6X, 7.62

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast