Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: PCC & PCC style Pistol options

Feedback Score
    This is not the best bang for the buck.

The CZ scorpion is. The CZ is a cheaper weapon, is lighter, features the same excellent magazine and shoots about the same.

The CZ also doesnt suffer from eating itself to death like the AKV. The CZ is a more proven weapon with less long term issues.

The AKV shoots well, is a blast to shoot and comes in at a very good price point but there are still issues. My gun has 7k rounds on it and its chewing itself to death slowly. It has also been back to the factory twice and each time it comes back, another, new issue seems to crop up. This time around im waiting on my dustcover to eventually fail as the rear end where it locks into the recoil spring guide is battering itself to death against the rear trunnion. IF my gun wasn't an SBR, id sell it as I have a love hate relationship with it.
    Interesting. I have almost the same amount of round count & haven't had any issues. Perhaps a little farther down the road. The CZ & Stribog are also great weapons. The CZ felt "plasticy & cheap" to me. (it's not but felt that way).The Stribog A3 is definitely next on my purchase list.
    Last edited by Delta-3; 05-29-20 at 13:40.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by taekwondopreacher View Post
    I went with the CZ after reading more on it, watching Garand Thumb videos, etc. It fit the budget and I won't be out much if I end up hating the concept. The safety design is horrid, but I've put 250 rounds through it and it is pretty sweet out to 100 yards. I'll add a sling and RDS and run it for a few thousand rounds.

Thank you all for the input. I'll start here and see where it takes me.
    Some good safety selector options.

https://hbindustries.net/store/product-category/cz-usa/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "The most important rule in a gunfight is: Always win and cheat if necessary." ~ Clint Smith

Feedback Score
    63 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by zombiescometh View Post
    Some good safety selector options.

https://hbindustries.net/store/product-category/cz-usa/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I'm afraid I already ordered the Apex Tactical version for a baseline upgrade. And a Magpul grip, lighter trigger spring, 5 magpul mags...now it's a matter of installation, a RDS, and ammo. I think this thing eats ammo worse than my AR since you can shoot it on the pistol range...

Feedback Score
    64 (98%)
    Good choice. I have gotten a lot of mileage out of mine. Considering also getting a K version and putting a Trilug on both of them.

Tell my tale to those who ask. Tell it truly; the ill deeds along with the good, and let me be judged accordingly.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    The Beretta CX4 Carbine is still an excellent gun. Trigger sucks but everyone I've had shoot mine over the years loves how accurate it is.

That being said the Scorpion is hard to beat on the cheap end. The mpx is actually good but sigs qc can be an issue. Its one of the softest shooting pccs though.

For mag compatibility you have the glock mag lower b&t guns that are said to be very good as well. Just most of them are expensive.

Lastly HK has the sp5 out now which would be a great sbr. The ergonomics of the mp5 is dated but its still the subgun by which all are judged. They are very accurate, reliable, and the mags have been around for a long time and are GTG.

The stribog has had some issues, mostly with mags if I'm not mistaken but they have been working through them. The 3rd gen that is going to be delayed blowback could be one of the better options.

Can't speak for the ruger.

You also have Tommy Built Tactical making ump clones, I'd go mp5 first unless you want 40 or 45(the mp5 US made parts in 40 suck).

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    As stated previously B&T.
    They make the APC9 Pro which you can get a lower that uses Glock mags. The APC9K which Euro has a picture of compared to an 11.5 or 10.5” AR to show how damned small it is. Then the TP9 which is like a pistol.

The one I haven’t seen mentioned is the BT USW which is essentially a stock chassis for your pistol (I think they have several brand compatibilities now beyond the BT).
    ETC (SW/AW), USN (1998-2008)
    CVN-65, USS Enterprise

Feedback Score
    63 (100%)
    Great info. My buddy loves his Beretta Storm. My goal was to be a little more compact than that without being too much more expensive than that. My other buddy just grabbed the Ruger and really likes that. I'm at 420 rounds with the CZ Scorpion. Other than reliability, I feel like it's biggest asset is the ability to go where I go like Euro's thread talks about. It wears an Aimpoint PRO in a low mount for now.

Feedback Score
    you can allways repurpose a glock 23 like this mico roni it sports a fastfire ll and tears up a paper plate at a 100 yards with easeIMG_0033.JPG

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Cx4.

If the door ever goes crunch at 2 a.m., I have one set up with a red-dot sight and 30 round magazine. It's my home invader gun.

Feedback Score
    Being a southpaw I tend to get the added bonus of gas to the face with blowbacks. Anything anyone has seen that can block it? i.e. some kind of attachment or such?
    11C2P '83-'87
    Airborne Infantry
    F**k China!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast