Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Contact Tracing Partnership Between Apple and Google

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by soulezoo View Post
    You're wrong. It's not going to work the way you are thinking. State of CA is putting 10,000 people into this effort. 7 days a week, 12 hours a day.

I can't go into details here other than to let you know in no uncertain terms that you are wrong. It's not going to be voluntary, self reporting or otherwise. It's morphing quite quickly into a state run Orwellian dream. Or nightmare depending upon your position. I'm already hearing the whispers of "hey, we can use this for other things too!"
    No I am not wrong. Not with the Apple/Google effort. California may be trying some other method of tracking but the Apple/Google effort works as I've described.
    • formerly known as "eguns-com"
    • M4Carbine required notice/disclaimer: I run eguns.com
    •eguns.com has not been actively promoted in a long time though I still do Dillon special
    orders, etc. and I have random left over inventory.
    •"eguns.com" domain name for sale (not the webstore). Serious enquiries only.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I shot my Samsung with a 22-250 last time we were out prairie dogging.
    I figured it would explode in a million pieces, nope !
    Just blew a hole through it, still jammed in the split rail fence top.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    I agree that this isn't going to be voluntary. It'll all be baked in to our electronic leashes and will be enabled and used at the discretion of the government and the tech companies. You'll "opt in" by continuing to use the device.

There won't be any self-reporting, either. You will be reported automatically by Big Data based on testing results.

And yeah, it's gonna get used for lots of other things too...

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by chadbag View Post
    Let's take the tinfoil hats off here.
    Not only am I keeping the hat, I'm making a matching tinfoil phone case... ;-)

Feedback Score
    Well a person at the hospital and one who is already training contacts folks have said other things
    Could they be lying ? Yeah

Could all the media be covering up the truth ! Yeah %100

Does anyone trust google/apple especially if working with the aclu ! Reckon only some radical lefties

You won’t know but the gov will know is the problem and wait till we see if all the interview phone calls start happening and we come back then
    Last edited by Honu; 05-29-20 at 18:04.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    No I am not wrong. Not with the Apple/Google effort. California may be trying some other method of tracking but the Apple/Google effort works as I've described.
    Yeah, you are. You don't know what you don't know. You know what you've read or been led to believe. What's going on otherwise isn't public yet.
    Go ahead and believe what you like, but don't go blowing sunshine up other's backside with bad info. CA is working directly with A & G directly with establishing protocols for this. How do I know you ask? I was in on the conference call just a few days ago.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by soulezoo View Post
    Yeah, you are. You don't know what you don't know. You know what you've read or been led to believe. What's going on otherwise isn't public yet.
    Go ahead and believe what you like, but don't go blowing sunshine up other's backside with bad info. CA is working directly with A & G directly with establishing protocols for this. How do I know you ask? I was in on the conference call just a few days ago.

No, I am not wrong. Neither Apple nor Google would risk their business to add in obtrusive tracking as you are describing. Apple already stands up to the govt and says NO to things "bigger" than this. They would not risk their business for any sort of thing you describe.

Is California planning on doing tracking? Could be. But it won't be with the Apple/Google initiative. It is not technically possible. That is not how their system works. Again, their system does not work the way you described.

I would suggest to you "don't go blowing sunshine up other's backside with bad info".
    • formerly known as "eguns-com"
    • M4Carbine required notice/disclaimer: I run eguns.com
    •eguns.com has not been actively promoted in a long time though I still do Dillon special
    orders, etc. and I have random left over inventory.
    •"eguns.com" domain name for sale (not the webstore). Serious enquiries only.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    No, I am not wrong. Neither Apple nor Google would risk their business to add in obtrusive tracking as you are describing. Apple already stands up to the govt and says NO to things "bigger" than this. They would not risk their business for any sort of thing you describe.

Is California planning on doing tracking? Could be. But it won't be with the Apple/Google initiative. It is not technically possible. That is not how their system works. Again, their system does not work the way you described.

I would suggest to you "don't go blowing sunshine up other's backside with bad info".
    Yeah? You mean like the way they both stand up to the Chinese Communist Party to do exactly this? Laughable.
    I will believe exactly what I heard their executives said that they can and are willing to do.
    I am out
    Last edited by soulezoo; 05-29-20 at 23:26.

Feedback Score
    Agree on apple
    google they would and do bad stuff already
    But the fact apple put the hook as you say in OS X was why I said sad day for apple but maybe they did it to make sure nobody could get personal info unlike google

And time will tell what way they go ? At this point I hope not think not but who knows anymore they are not what they were and we just don’t know

The contact tracing phone stuff will be curious when it starts how it’s going to go

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    The contact tracing being voluntary may be true. There is so much bad information out there it is hard to know. The fact that the OS of my phone, no matter what I own is going to have Bluetooth pinging that I can't control baked into the OS from now on is what I have a real problem with. It is consistent across all platforms and Apple and Google worked with .gov to make sure it was easily workable for them. Given everything we have learned in the last 15-20 years regarding .gov and your privacy, I'm sure they won't be tempted to abuse it.
    Open the pig!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast