Thread: KAC SR30 and Sig MCX, help me out

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)

KAC SR30 and Sig MCX, help me out

Looking at getting into 300blk soon. Home defense/ minor hunting use etc. can’t really come to a decision between the SR30 upper or a mcx with the 6.75” barrel. Or honestly even possibly a rattler. I like the sigs on paper, but I’m wanting to know how they handle being suppressed as far as parts wearing out etc. the kac, well it’s a kac and I’ve never had a issue with anything from them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    No doubt about it for me, I'd buy the KAC and I wouldn't look back or second guess myself. The Sig 'might' be as good but, I find it hard to believe it would be better.

I may be a bit biased though as I am thoroughly impressed with how good my SR-15 LPR Mod 2 is and what I can do with it. A truly outstanding rifle!

I would consider permanently mounting a can to the KAC 300BO to keep the rifle itself compliant with the 16" barrel length for ease of transport. A good ~6.5" suppressor shouldn't be too hard to find.
    Last edited by Sid Post; 05-28-20 at 21:55.

Feedback Score
    If a KAC product is within your budget buy it and don’t look back. The quality is top notch and so is their customer support. Not to mention the refinements of the E3 bolt and gas system are a step up.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    The reputation of KAC speaks for itself. That being said, the MCX Virtus is an outstanding firearm. It was originally designed specifically for 300blk and has received much praise from both civilian and government agencies. Sig's biggest problem right now is keeping up with the demand for these weapons, particularly the short barrel 300blk models. I own two of the 5.56 versions of the Virtus, in 11.5 and 16 barrel models. They are soft shooting, very accurate, and appear to be very well made. No problems so far whatsoever. Sig (like KAC) also has an excellent line of suppressors that fit the 300blk models perfectly. Long term reliability is still unknown as they haven't been out that many years yet, but Sig claims they are designed for an average of 20,000 rounds before part replacement is necessary. I also own several ARs both DI and piston operated, but I have to say the MCX Virtus has really impressed me.

Feedback Score
    The sig has folding stock capability if thats a factor for you.

Feedback Score
    The reasons to get an MCX over a KAC: folding stock, and ability to easily switch barrels/calibers (for ~$500).

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    First I'd suggest build your own upper instead, that aside between the two choices in general I'd lean towards KAC based on quality, but in this case would default to the Sig for the 1/5 twist barrel which is more important in 300BLK over a difference of length.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by t1tan View Post
    First I'd suggest build your own upper instead, that aside between the two choices in general I'd lean towards KAC based on quality, but in this case would default to the Sig for the 1/5 twist barrel which is more important in 300BLK over a difference of length.
    Forgot about that, yeah that twist is a factor. Thought about building my own, I can I have all the tools for it, I just got tired of building stuff out lol

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    SR30 DSR?

KAC is always the correct answer but to me since shorter is a huge benefit of 300bo I’d opt for the Sig in this case with the longer rail.