Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Foregrip/fingerstop gas block in the way, M-Lok

Feedback Score

Foregrip/fingerstop gas block in the way, M-Lok

Finishing up my first SBR. 11.5 BCM upper M-Lok. The gas block is right at the spot where I want to mount my fingerstop/foregrip. Foward or behind and feels odd. Is there a offset type of grip? Is this the 11.5" hazards or drawback of M-Lok and I should of went QRF? Lol..

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Backfire View Post
    Finishing up my first SBR. 11.5 BCM upper M-Lok. The gas block is right at the spot where I want to mount my fingerstop/foregrip. Foward or behind and feels odd. Is there a offset type of grip? Is this the 11.5" hazards or drawback of M-Lok and I should of went QRF? Lol..
    Its a common drawback of many MLOK rails trying to be as skinny as possible, and ending with an ID similar to the OD of non-indexing barrel nuts that have to fit under a gas tube. Would it fit if you trimmed the screws that go through the T-Nut?

Feedback Score
    63 (100%)
    It's definitely a drawback to M-LOK, I'd consider looking into QRF.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I had the same problem with a M-Lok handguard and a mid length gas block. My Magpul AFG screws would hit the gas block in my desired position. I solved it by going to Centurion Arms M-Lok rail covers. They're long enough to span the distance fore and aft of the gas block, and grippy enough that I now don't need a foregrip/handstop. I used two 3 packs of the rail covers. 2 per side and 2 on the bottom. YMMV

https://centurionarms.com/mlok-handg...-cover-3-pack/
    Last edited by BobinNC; 03-08-22 at 11:29.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Is this the 11.5" hazards or drawback of M-Lok and I should of went QRF? Lol..
    I freakin HATE M-lok. It's like the South Park of mounting systems... a parody of gun industry stupidity that never quits. I love my QRF rail.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    This doesn't happen with 1913 rails.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by BobinNC View Post
    I had the same problem with a M-Lok handguard and a mid length gas block. My Magpul AFG screws would hit the gas block in my desired position. I solved it by going to Centurion Arms M-Lok rail covers. They're long enough to span the distance fore and aft of the gas block, and grippy enough that I now don't need a foregrip/handstop. I used two 3 packs of the rail covers. 2 per side and 2 on the bottom. YMMV

https://centurionarms.com/mlok-handg...-cover-3-pack/
    Thanks for the link, may give that a try. I like the looks as well

Feedback Score
    I had the same issue on one of mine, and i was able to dremmel down the bolt so it fit under the gas block. Not sure how much room you have under there, but if it's just that the screws are too long, you may give that a try.

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    I had the same issue on my 16" mid-length with a 15" Centurion MLok and a Arisaka finger stop, I ended switching to a KAG and putting it behind the gas block.
    Gettin' down innagrass.
    Let's Go Brandon!

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by B Cart View Post
    I had the same issue on one of mine, and i was able to dremmel down the bolt so it fit under the gas block. Not sure how much room you have under there, but if it's just that the screws are too long, you may give that a try.
    The problem there is it can be very close and impact upon firing due to barrel whip.
    Gettin' down innagrass.
    Let's Go Brandon!

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast