Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Scar 16, question

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by VIP3R 237 View Post
    I agree with this. It’s a fantastic SBR. It’s arguable the most reliable rifle in existence, and yeah FN support sucks but nothing breaks on it.

One thing though is if you want to suppress it then it’s highly recommended to replace your gas jets as the factory one is too big. Parker Mountain Machine makes a variety of sizes.
    Yeah if I get one PMM is who’s gonna chop the barrel and do the gas jet

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by dylank0723 View Post
    Give me some reasons to grab one over a sr15, or even a 416 upper build (I know where I can get them for a good price)
    Not sure I can talk you out of an SR15 over a SCAR, but a 416 upper build? Screw that thing. HK416s make the FN SCAR series look well supported! Bahahhahahahahha!!!

And you can get any FN part you need from MidWest Gun Works. They are outta stock sometimes, but if you are patient and sign up for notifications, you can get whatever you want in time (and money, of course...)

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by RHINOWSO View Post
    Not sure I can talk you out of an SR15 over a SCAR, but a 416 upper build? Screw that thing. HK416s make the FN SCAR series look well supported! Bahahhahahahahha!!!

And you can get any FN part you need from MidWest Gun Works. They are outta stock sometimes, but if you are patient and sign up for notifications, you can get whatever you want in time (and money, of course...)
    Yeah I love the idea of having a 416 but the practicality of it vs a sr15 or scar has me thinking. I saw where I can get scar parts, and i know that parts breakages are extremely rare. For the sr15, does anyone have a place to get spare extractors and ejector springs etc? Maybe even a bolt and firing pin. I know sr15s have great parts life, however I’ve never heard any round counts on parts breakages so I’m curious. My OCD likes having spare parts for everything

Feedback Score
    40 (100%)
    What's the use case?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    There are several KAC distributors that can hook you up without drama. The KAC armorers are good sources as well. Myself, I have no concern about my rifle going down anytime soon with a pretty significant firing schedule.

My KAC SR-15 Mod 2 LPR is far and away my best and favorite semi-auto rifle. It will drive tacks in the target frame at a 100 yards. Take a good look at the KAC website for things that make it a solid choice like its BCG and other things like the Mod 2 gas system. Personally, I wouldn't trade my rifle for an HK or SCAR-16 even with $$ to sweeten the deal. It is simply a better rifle. And yes, I shoot suppressed and haven't noticed any gas in the face issues either.

An 11.5" carbine is destined to join me at some point in the future.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by themonk View Post
    What's the use case?
    If I go scar, I’ll cut down to 10” with PMM, t2, used suppressed and unsuppressed, home defense, training, farm work

If Kac it’ll be the 11.5 upper with a lower i build, with a t2, same use as the scar

I do like to go fast at the range depending on the range I’m doing. I know both are reliable and good to go, I guess it’s mainly coming down to hard use and lasting durability. Thinking long term. Not necessarily shtf fantasy or anything, i just don’t like hassle. I’m not claiming to shoot out barrels every month or any of that nonsense but I do shoot high round counts and sometimes rifles get tossed around in the back of the truck or on the tractor. I think the only thing holding me up on the kac is how often do the dual extractor springs and associated e3 parts wear out, i know there’s an advantage, but is the advantage big enough compared to my other properly gassed ARs to warrant the proprietary parts and, i know i can get the parts it’s just a matter of is the advantage big enough, and i know it will be a while before a kac barrel wears out but i know that it does happen over extended time, not being able to do armorer level replacements such as the barrel or etc at home. With the scar, I know it’s proprietary and more costly, but I also know that when parts do break it’s extremely rare and high round counts. With the exception of chopping the barrel I can do all maintenance at home. Main hold up would probably be is that it’s not an ar, which is what I have all my experience with, I’m not worried about manual of arms, just thinking reciprocating charging handle, placement of peq and pressure pads etc. Just looking for the best option as far as performance and long term durability. As of now everything I’ve run has been colt and BCM. Currently on the triarc train with two 11.5s and a 13.9. One 11.5 with a razor and another with a t2. Gonna SBR those soon. The 13.9 is about to get a razor 1-6 or vudu 1-8 and will be the rifle for out of state stuff just to avoid paperwork hassle (i live right on a state line). If I get the scar, it’ll be to compliment all 3 and be my go to gun, and I’ll throw the new razor 1-10 on the 13.9. If I go kac, I’ll do 2 11.5s, each set up identical to my current triarcs to act as backups as well as training guns, will also get a 14.5 too and throw on a 2.5-10 to act as a 300yard and over gun. I know the kac route is much more expensive but I’m not worried about the prices, just looking for the best solution. Got very long winded with this reply lol but the scar would be a one go to gun to compliment everything, the kacs would basically be set up identical to my current rifles to just have 2 of everything

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sid Post View Post
    There are several KAC distributors that can hook you up without drama. The KAC armorers are good sources as well. Myself, I have no concern about my rifle going down anytime soon with a pretty significant firing schedule.

My KAC SR-15 Mod 2 LPR is far and away my best and favorite semi-auto rifle. It will drive tacks in the target frame at a 100 yards. Take a good look at the KAC website for things that make it a solid choice like its BCG and other things like the Mod 2 gas system. Personally, I wouldn't trade my rifle for an HK or SCAR-16 even with $$ to sweeten the deal. It is simply a better rifle. And yes, I shoot suppressed and haven't noticed any gas in the face issues either.

An 11.5" carbine is destined to join me at some point in the future.
    Yeah I’m not really worried about it going down with a high round count, that e3 bolt and barrel with that sealed gas system is what makes it so attractive to me, but more or less weighing is the advantage high enough over a properly gassed gun to warrant dealing with the proprietary parts

Feedback Score
    40 (100%)
    You may want to look into Hodge 12.5. His durability testing is pretty impressive.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by themonk View Post
    You may want to look into Hodge 12.5. His durability testing is pretty impressive.
    I have, and if one ever comes my way down the road I’ll scoop it up, just for right now these are the two I’m stuck on lol

Feedback Score
    69 (100%)
    It sounds like you have pretty much every AR style covered, so just go with the scar haha.

Quote Originally Posted by dylank0723 View Post
    I have, and if one ever comes my way down the road I’ll scoop it up, just for right now these are the two I’m stuck on lol

I paint spaceship parts.

Quote Originally Posted by Failure2Stop View Post
    Stippled Glocks are like used underwear; previous owner makes all the difference in value.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast