Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Beretta 92 Steel I

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Love the 92 Beretta's. Best looking 9mm out there. Hence why it made appearances in several late 80's movies.
    Your pair looks really nice!
    I recently got a 92FS handed down to me. It shoots great SA, not so much DA, so I want to do a couple of Wilson Combat improvements to it.
    “Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.”
    - Mark Twain

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Nice snag there.
    The truth can only offend those who live a lie.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Lucky You Day !

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ghideon View Post
    Nice find. This is a single action, correct? I lusted after one more than a decade ago.
    They were made in single action only and double action, mine’s a double action.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bret View Post
    I own several Berettas and think that they're great looking guns, but it's beyond my understanding why Beretta sticks with that horrible slide mounted safety design. I think they'd sell a ton more if they'd just offer that frame mounted safety on an entry level pistol.
    Or just make “G” Series (De-cocker Only) models only.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "One cannot awaken a man who pretends to be asleep..."

Feedback Score
    46 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mjolnir View Post
    Put in the Xtreme S Trigger for the 93X Performance and call it good!

Nice!

Agreed, that was my first thought as well, and a very good start. I'd also ponder sending it to Ernest or Joshua at Langdon Tactical. I'd be fascinated to see what they could do with it. Might be worth calling and asking them.

OP - If you ever discover that the strain of owning that pistol is more than you can bear, give me a shout.

Feedback Score
    Or just make “G” Series (De-cocker Only) models only.
    It's still slide mounted, so no better in my opinion. This frame mounted safety version is the way they should be.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bret View Post
    It's still slide mounted, so no better in my opinion. This frame mounted safety version is the way they should be.
    I disagree.

You have no safety to be bothered with and you “always have a trigger”. If you have a TJIB or LTT Trigger Job the Double Action defies words. I’ve no issue with the G-Series.

That said, if I were to be involved with a team who was designing a DA/SA pistol I would demand frame-mounted external safeties.

If it’s Decocker only I’d have to see where the controls are located and would have to have a prototype in my hands before pronouncing judgement.

Yes, 1911 ergonomics are the best.

"One cannot awaken a man who pretends to be asleep..."

Feedback Score
    You have no safety to be bothered with and you “always have a trigger”.
    Starting with a DA pull and then going to a SA pull for subsequent shots is undesirable for me. I want my first shot and all subsequent shots to be SA. If I'm going to carry a pistol with a hammer in SA mode for its first shot, I want a manual safety and I want that manual safety to be frame mounted like a 1911 or CZ75. Based on sales, I'm not the only one that feels this way. Back in the early '90's when I first got in to pistols, a regular Beretta 92FS cost about twice what a CZ75 B cost. There were many more Beretta 92FS's selling at the time. Now, the selling prices are on par with each other. My opinion is that CZ gained market share from Beretta primary because of the CZ75's frame mounted safety and Beretta's more difficult to manipulate proficiently slide mounted safety. The Berettas are generally better machined and finished than the CZ's, so that's not it. In my experience, the CZ's are more accurate, so that might enter the equation as well.

If you have a TJIB or LTT Trigger Job the Double Action defies words. I’ve no issue with the G-Series.
    I have a DAO Beretta 92 that I purchased so that I could have a manual safety added to it. It's actually more accurate than any of my 92's that have slide mounted safeties. The DAO feels great for a long and heavy trigger pull. I got a couple of quotes from well known Beretta gunsmiths for having the manual safety added and decided to forget it. For what they wanted, I could almost buy another Beretta.

Feedback Score
    46 (100%)
    I snagged a DAO Beretta 96 just to have for dry practice sessions. I had a spare factory 9mm barrel laying around, and dropped it in. I also replaced the factory D spring with a 12# chrome silicon one from Langdon Tactical. along with an Optimized Trigger Bar.

It is like a very sweet 16-round revolver now. And a 21-shot revolver with the extended mag.

Mjolnir is correct. If you have never shot a Beretta that Ernest or his henchman Joshua have tuned, it will completely change what you think of them. I say this as a guy that carried the same Gen2 G19 for 25 years, and has now switched to a Langdon Beretta 92X Compact. I still have a big pile of Glocks, but they are all loaners and training class guns now.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast