Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: SCOTUS ABORTS 1ST AMENDMENT.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Maybe God is testing His church, refining it. IMO the church has been in a second dark ages, especially concerning theology and practice, for a long long time. God's elect were warned not to trust princes or to receive their validation from governments. The latest persecution of Jesus Christ has been going on in the rest of the world for 10-20 years, it has now come to the U.S.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by TomMcC View Post
    Maybe God is testing His church, refining it. IMO the church has been in a second dark ages, especially concerning theology and practice, for a long long time. God's elect were warned not to trust princes or to receive their validation from governments. The latest persecution of Jesus Christ has been going on in the rest of the world for 10-20 years, it has now come to the U.S.
    SO true. Theyve been chopping off heads & shooting up church buses, raping Christian women, going into homes and dragging people out, and other atrocities all over the world for a long time now.
    Its just hitting here, the beginning. It WILL get worse or the Bible is a lie. I/we have already been armed for a few years now because of church shootings, but only lightly. And fortunately Im in the South and at least as of yet we dont the commie type edicts of Kali or IL or NY.
    But the day I look out and see cops taking tag numbers, or they start beating on the church doors, as JUST happened last week in Chicago, well Im gonna do just as old Nehemiah said do in NEH4:14..see my signature below.
    SOMEWHERE..SOMEONE MUST TAKE A STAND. We simply MUST make local, state & Federal government fear THE PEOPLE, instead of the other way around.
    Maybe..MAYBE...that will be one "good" thing to come out of the ongoing riots. What if God fearing, law abiding gun owners acted like this,all the while fully armed?
    Yall think THAT wouldnt wake up some folks? Today..America is different Constitutionally speaking, than yesterday...FOREVER.
    SCOTUS has empowered all the little fascists/demonrats with all the legal power they need now.
    As I said in a recent thread...awhile back we had a "Civil War" thread, asking if people thought we were close to having one. Soooo many laughed and scoffed at the idea of it. Are you laughing & scoffing now, I wonder?
    Last edited by Straight Shooter; 05-30-20 at 10:59.
    The obedient always think of themselves as virtuous rather than the cowards they really are.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Straight Shooter View Post
    SO true. Theyve been chopping off heads & shooting up church buses, raping Christian women, going into homes and dragging people out, and other atrocities all over the world for a long time now.
    Its just hitting here, the beginning. It WILL get worse or the Bible is a lie. I/we have already been armed for a few years now because of church shootings, but only lightly. And fortunately Im in the South and at least as of yet we dont the commie type edicts of Kali or IL or NY.
    But the day I look out and see cops taking tag numbers, or they start beating on the church doors, as JUST happened last week in Chicago, well Im gonna do just as old Nehemiah said do in NEH4:14..see my signature below.
    SOMEWHERE..SOMEONE MUST TAKE A STAND. We simply MUST make local, state & Federal government fear THE PEOPLE, instead of the other way around.
    Maybe..MAYBE...that will be one "good" thing to come out of the ongoing riots. What if God fearing, law abiding gun owners acted like this,all the while fully armed?
    Yall think THAT wouldnt wake up some folks? Today..America is different Constitutionally speaking, than yesterday...FOREVER.
    SCOTUS has empowered all the little fascists/demonrats with all the legal power they need now.
    As I said in a recent thread...awhile back we had a "Civil War" thread, asking if people thought we were close to having one. Soooo many laughed and scoffed at the idea of it. Are you laughing & scoffing now, I wonder?
    While I dread what is to come, I also take comfort in it. There are obviously a lot of different interpretations of the end times, and question of whether or not the current church will even be around to see it (for those who believe in the pretribulation rapture). But it's pretty universally agreed that things are going to get worse than the world has ever seen before things get better.
    Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who do not.-Ben Franklin

there’s some good in this world, Mr. Frodo. And it’s worth fighting for.-Samwise Gamgee

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by OH58D View Post
    More like 100 people entering Home Depot just to shop = OK......100 people entering a Church = BAD.

I'm not a real religious person in a social sense, but I am a person of faith. Most of the Christians I know will defy such tyranny, and some have already been doing it. I will happily support them. At some point people will attend their houses of worship armed to the teeth in defiance.
    The more LE that enforces this crap or are even just present during such violations, regardless of local, state, or federal, the more selective I am in being a supporter of LE.
    You won't outvote the corruption.
    Sic Semper Tyrannis

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by prepare View Post
    The more LE that enforces this crap or are even just present during such violations, regardless of local, state, or federal, the more selective I am in being a supporter of LE.
    I agree with you. Police officers are sometimes referred to as "sworn" officer. Those people to whom this applies need to think long and hard about what the oath they swore means. Many, maybe or maybe not a majority of them, already do, but not all. What is the consensus on Oath Keepers? Are they a good group to join?

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    And now we have a direct conflict between man's law and God's law. Maybe a rethink of Romans 13 is in order. I know what the reformers of old thought about it, and it's pretty different than what a typical evangelical thinks it means. How many law givers are there anyway?

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Persecution has always caused the Church to grow. Always. As Christians we have had it good for a long time in this country. I saw a video once of Christians who were driven out of their home town by ISIS. The reporter was filming several of the families who escaped and all the people kept saying was “Jesus forgive them.” It made me think how good we have it here and how my faith has never been tested as such. But the time may be coming.
    Philippians 2:10-11

To argue with a person who renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead. ~ Thomas Paine

“The greatest conspiracy theory is the notion that your government cares about you”- unknown.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    It's really clear to me, at least, what the way forward is: PEACEFUL civil disobedience. In ordinary times Christians are exhorted to "submit to the governing authorities" (Rom 13). As we should. But in extraordinary times--like if the authorities are ordering genocide, or telling Christians they can't worship, have Bibles, or talk about God in public--then "We must obey God rather than men." (Acts 5:29).

We should all ignore all such orders blocking worship, and each congregation should check the CDC guidelines for churches and make a plan to meet SAFELY for worship, using a combination of video streaming services for those at risk, and careful distancing, etc., for those who attend.

The most disappointing thing to me is that the vast majority of Christian leaders in our country are just meekly submitting to all this, with barely any noticeable push-back.
    Last edited by maximus83; 05-30-20 at 16:16. Reason: fix typo

Feedback Score
    The only response to what scotus says is “neat”.

Im getting to the point I really dont care What the “law” says. I know my God-given human rights.
    If someone wants to violate those, I’ll deal with it as I deem appropriate.
    Once the people in government refuse to acknowledge human rights, they are forcing people to few remaining options.
    All the justices know what your rights are, they know what the 1st amendment says and means, they just “rule” otherwise.
    Last edited by MegademiC; 05-30-20 at 13:14.

Feedback Score
    Just so I can check the "equality" box off on my thoughts about this: this will apply to mosques also, right?

Right???
    11C2P '83-'87
    Airborne Infantry
    F**k China!

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast