Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: SCOTUS ABORTS 1ST AMENDMENT.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ABNAK View Post
    Just so I can check the "equality" box off on my thoughts about this: this will apply to mosques also, right?

Right???
    Probably not. In contemporary America, Christians are not an oppressed minority - Islam is. Not my thinking, but I don't make the rules. Social Justice is a weird activity; winners and losers constantly being determined in a process that isn't fair. Life isn't fair.

For the most part, I continue everything I have ever done, despite how laws and social acceptance changes. That makes me a cultural dinosaur.
    Maj. USAR (Ret) 160th SOAR, 2/17 CAV
    NRA Life Member
    Black Mesa Ranch. Raising Fine Cattle and Horses in San Miguel County since 1879

Feedback Score
    25 (100%)
    Yes, mohammedans are free to be mohammedans.

- Either you're part of the problem or you're part of the solution or you're just part of the landscape - Sam (Robert DeNiro) in, "Ronin" -

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    John 15:20Remember the word that I said to you, ‘A slave is not greater than his master.’ If they persecuted Me, they will also persecute you; if they kept My word, they will keep yours also.

The Christian community in this country has gotten soft. We treat God as if He were a genie in a bottle instead of the holy, all powerful, and all knowing Creator of the universe. I posted the following video once before and was derided for it. I'm posting it again because I believe it accurately describes our country's standing with our Lord. Why should He bless this nation when we have murdered just as many or more innocent lives as Nazi Germany? We are a country that not only tolerates sin, but celebrates it everywhere.

A person who is not inwardly prepared for the use of violence against him is always weaker than the person committing the violence. - Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn, The Gulag Archipelago

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ABNAK View Post
    Just so I can check the "equality" box off on my thoughts about this: this will apply to mosques also, right?

Right???
    Well if you think the U.S. Constitution is the ultimate law in the land, the free exercise clause would apply to them also. I don't think the U.S. Constitution is the ultimate law...I subscribe to a higher law and previous covenants.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by TexHill View Post
    John 15:20Remember the word that I said to you, ‘A slave is not greater than his master.’ If they persecuted Me, they will also persecute you; if they kept My word, they will keep yours also.

The Christian community in this country has gotten soft. We treat God as if He were a genie in a bottle instead of the holy, all powerful, and all knowing Creator of the universe. I posted the following video once before and was derided for it. I'm posting it again because I believe it accurately describes our country's standing with our Lord. Why should He bless this nation when we have murdered just as many or more innocent lives as Nazi Germany? We are a country that not only tolerates sin, but celebrates it everywhere.

The softness can be attributed to many things most of it God's people rejecting their history and listening to schismatics and heirlings that absolutely abound in God's church. As good as MacArthur is on soteriology, he's got HUGE problems related to a multitude of doctrines concerning an almost wholesale rejection of the Reformations, 1st and 2nd. And now Christ's church is rent into a thousand pieces. I wonder what the church's voice would sound like if "pastors" weren't running their little popedoms and we were actually a 100 million united in the actual truth, one voice church....someday maybe.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by OH58D View Post
    Probably not. In contemporary America, Christians are not an oppressed minority - Islam is. Not my thinking, but I don't make the rules. Social Justice is a weird activity; winners and losers constantly being determined in a process that isn't fair. Life isn't fair.

For the most part, I continue everything I have ever done, despite how laws and social acceptance changes. That makes me a cultural dinosaur.
    Is this tongue in cheek? Muslims oppressed in this country?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by TomMcC View Post
    The softness can be attributed to many things most of it God's people rejecting their history and listening to schismatics and heirlings that absolutely abound in God's church. As good as MacArthur is on soteriology, he's got HUGE problems related to a multitude of doctrines concerning an almost wholesale rejection of the Reformations, 1st and 2nd. And now Christ's church is rent into a thousand pieces. I wonder what the church's voice would sound like if "pastors" weren't running their little popedoms and we were actually a 100 million united in the actual truth, one voice church....someday maybe.
    I don't agree with MacArthur on several beliefs that he holds - Calvinism being one of them - but I do agree with him that God has abandoned our nation. Scripture speaks several times of God abandoning the nation of Israel - His chosen people - because of their shared sin, who are we to think that we are any different? Our national moral bankruptcy and indifference has gotten so bad that I can no longer sing "God Bless America" in good conscience.
    Last edited by TexHill; 05-30-20 at 16:22.
    A person who is not inwardly prepared for the use of violence against him is always weaker than the person committing the violence. - Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn, The Gulag Archipelago

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    I don't agree with MacArthur on several beliefs that he holds - Calvinism being one of them - but I do agree with him that God has abandoned our nation. Scripture speaks several times of God abandoning the nation of Israel - His chosen people - because of their shared sin, who are we to think that we are any different? Our national moral bankruptcy and indifference has gotten so bad that I can no longer sing "God Bless America" in good conscience.
    That's the actual set of doctrines I do agree with him. Pretty much every pastor during the reformation was a "Calvinist", including Luther. They were all Ausgustinians. I think God abandoned the U.S. along with England, Ireland and Scotland long before the Constitution came into existence. You speak of national immorality, at the root of every sin, national or personal, is the violation of the first commandment. The free exercise clause is a gross violation of God's commandments. I said evangelicals have rejected out of neglect and ignorance the history of the church. Someday maybe they will go back and see what happen in their political and ecclesiological forefather's history long before the Americas were colonized. Do Christians even think that Caesar owes God absolute obedience in "every" place of his life...doesn't seem so.

Free-willism doesn't just destroy the soverneity of God, it destroys everything.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by TomMcC View Post
    That's the actual set of doctrines I do agree with him. Pretty much every pastor during the reformation was a "Calvinist", including Luther. They were all Ausgustinians. I think God abandoned the U.S. along with England, Ireland and Scotland long before the Constitution came into existence. You speak of national immorality, at the root of every sin, national or personal, is the violation of the first commandment. The free exercise clause is a gross violation of God's commandments. I said evangelicals have rejected out of neglect and ignorance the history of the church. Someday maybe they will go back and see what happen in their political and ecclesiological forefather's history long before the Americas were colonized. Do Christians even think that Caesar owes God absolute obedience in "every" place of his life...doesn't seem so.

Free-willism doesn't just destroy the soverneity of God, it destroys everything.
    I respectfully disagree with you. Free will doesn't destroy the sovereignty of God, it declares it! Who is the real chess master, the one who plays both sides of the board against himself or the one who plays against several other players on several boards at the same time and anticipates and counters their every move?

Love cannot exist where there isn't free will.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    I respectfully disagree with you. Free will doesn't destroy the sovereignty of God, it declares it! Who is the real chess master, the one who plays both sides of the board against himself or the one who plays against several other players on several boards at the same time and anticipates and counters their every move?

Love cannot exist where there isn't free will.
    Is God sovereign over your will or is it free from God? And I respectfully disagree your analogy that God is a chess master. There's no one even remotely good enough to play chess with him...He's just working all things after the counsel of His own will. Like Luther said, the devil is God's devil.

Your premise about love bears some scrutiny. When you go to heaven, will you ever be able to sin again, will you ever be able to choose to sin again? If so, will your love be then perfected? Jesus could not even choose to sin, but yet was the perfect embodiment of love. Free will and love have nothing to do with each other. The scriptures never define "freedom or liberty" as the ability to choose to sin, but always as the ability to think, speak, and do righteously. Libertarian free will says that freedom is the ability to choose good or evil. What's your best scripture that teaches free will and we'll look at it.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast