Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 10.3" 5.56 suppressor host.

Feedback Score

10.3" 5.56 suppressor host.

With my first tax stamps showing up, i wanted a shorter 5.56 to haul around and decided to build a 10.3". Got a lot of the parts off of EE and out of my spare parts bin. Here is what i ended up with.

DIY YHM Single chamber brake.
    10.3" BA Hanson .625" barrel. Gas port measured .077"
    Pinned BA gas block
    Unknown gas tube
    10" ALG V3
    Aero upper
    PSA Premium BCG
    Unknown Charging handle
    Unknown forward assist/port door.
    Holosun HS403R
    Streamlight Protac RM1
    Magpul MBUS

PSA lower
    UnbrandedAR ELG Lower parts kit.
    H1 buffer
    Carbine spring
    Magpul trigger guard
    SBA3
    Reptilia grip

Threw it all together and put some spray paint on it. So far i have only put 200 rounds through it. Shot XM193 and M855. I originally outfitted the gun with an H3, it was not locking back on empty suppressed so i swapped to an H1. I fired a total of 4 rounds unsuppressed, locked back on empty. I don't plan on ever running this gun without a can on it...

Thanks for looking!

Resonator

Turbo K

Feedback Score
    Nice build. I like the 10-12 inch rifles/pistols. For any reasonable SD/SHTF range it has everything you need, and is still a manageable length with the can.

Feedback Score
    41 (100%)
    Looks good! Nice work on the paint job.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Nice! I like the mix of odg and fde

Feedback Score
    Upgraded to some Midwest Industries backup sights. Bought a Grey SBA3 for super cheap and wanted to use the black one on a different build. Ran some more ammo through it but im finding it difficult to shoot alot with ammo prices the way they are.

Feedback Score
    Changed out the light mount for an arisaka inline and swapped the charging handle with a BCM Mod4b. Its amazing how big a difference the little things can make some times.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    How’s the gas?
    RLTW

Former Action Guy
    Disclosure: I am affiliated PRN with a tactical training center, but I speak only for myself. I have no idea what we sell, other than CLP and training. I receive no income from sale of hard goods.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 1168 View Post
    How’s the gas?
    Outside with the larger 30 cal can its completely unoticable. Shooting indoors with the k can is mixed depending on ammo but its really not to bad, I have shot much worse.

Feedback Score
    Upgraded to a Surefire and SR07. Tossed the optic on a Reptilia Lower 1/3 but now I cant see my irons through the optic. Probably going to have to find a different mount, might go ADM.

Feedback Score
    Got an ADM Mount, its a cowit but is a lower 1/3 with this optic, i like the QD feature. I swapped out the timber creek handstop for an Arisaka indexer and used some inner tube bands to secure the SR07 in addition to a ziptie at the rear. I have a resonator K in jail that i want to try out on this build.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast