Page 16 of 153 FirstFirst ... 614151617182666116 ... LastLast

Thread: Philadelphia protests turning violent; what's happening in your AOR?

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Got violent in Maine last night. Still pretty minor compared to most other locales but I’m concerned about escalation now that a precedent has been set.
    I’m approximately 45 minutes from Portland so not super close but I wonder where else it will spread. Portland may be one of the few places in the area with the population density and err... demographics to actually be able to get a big enough group together to really get the mob vibe going (that’s assuming an organic origin vs people being bussed in or something)

https://wgme.com/news/local/fourth-n...s-turn-violent

I'm from everywhere man because I'm an everywhere man....
    Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    12 arrested last night in Johnson City after police ask them to walk on the side walk and not in the street. Video shows the protesters blocking the roadways. Police removed them. A couple of sources told me that there are bus loads of Antifa thugs coming to the Bristol, Kingsport and Johnson City area this weekend from several areas to cause problems. People at work talking about this too this morning. Bad idea for them. Not going to turn out like the other cities in the USA. This is crazy. Never thought I would see anything close to this in my lifetime.
    Repression Is Nine Tenths The Law

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by teufelhund1918 View Post
    12 arrested last night in Johnson City after police ask them to walk on the side walk and not in the street. Video shows the protesters blocking the roadways. Police removed them. A couple of sources told me that there are bus loads of Antifa thugs coming to the Bristol, Kingsport and Johnson City area this weekend from several areas to cause problems. People at work talking about this too this morning. Bad idea for them. Not going to turn out like the other cities in the USA. This is crazy. Never thought I would see anything close to this in my lifetime.
    I grew up in Erwin and my folks still live there. I hope that nonsense passes quickly in the Tri-cities area.
    Experience is a cruel teacher, gives the exam first and then the lesson.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    We had riots on Sunday and Monday night. We were able to keep the damage to a minimum, used gas and flashbangs to move the crowd out. 2 arrests made, both using the bean bag rounds. More bullshit last night with 2 or 3 more arrests. Shots have been fired both nights but no one shot so far. My squad car was hit by rocks on Sunday night. The city has enacted an 8pm curfew. We are expecting night 3 tonight so we shall see.
    Wil
    See how easy life can be?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyLate View Post
    I'm not fretting in North Alabama. I unlocked the gunsafe in my bedroom tonight, but no need to carry.

Andy
    Well, at work last night...got some news. Supposedly..Bridge Street Shopping Center was hit last night...and Belk's got looted. Not a sign of police anywhere Im told, but cannot verify.
    I agree with you for now- no need to carry anymore than my normal stuff. Staying in a High Yellow/Low Orange alert mode for now until/unless I see something to raise it.
    The obedient always think of themselves as virtuous rather than the cowards they really are.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Itsahak View Post
    We had riots on Sunday and Monday night. We were able to keep the damage to a minimum, used gas and flashbangs to move the crowd out. 2 arrests made, both using the bean bag rounds. More bullshit last night with 2 or 3 more arrests. Shots have been fired both nights but no one shot so far. My squad car was hit by rocks on Sunday night. The city has enacted an 8pm curfew. We are expecting night 3 tonight so we shall see.
    Be safe.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Several people tried to break into a gun shop in Philly in the early hours. Store owner was sleeping there, heard them, guns were drawn, one perp took a round to the head the rest ran away

https://6abc.com/gun-store-shooting-...-news/6226476/

Feedback Score
    Saw a video last night on TV, not sure where it was from, of Cretans assaulting piled-up cars that were blockaded by "peaceful protesters". They were beating on cars and trying to pull people out. THAT is exactly the kind of situation that a PCC or small M4 would be necessary in. A Glock 19 with a mag or two might not cut it. Although I live in the country I work in the city M-F dayshift (my wife works 12 hour nights in the city). I am going to rethink the standard "gun in each vehicle" policy we currently have in place. Might need to "up-arm" for a little while.
    11C2P '83-'87
    Airborne Infantry
    F**k China!

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I know it's RT.....

Bricks suddenly appear at protests

https://www.rt.com/usa/490444-bricks...-cities-riots/

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by JediGuy View Post
    Going off second hand info, but a friend is pretty confident on this being (in his opinion) warranted. Not saying I agree, but apparently this was a couple blocks from the rioting (hence...the police columns moving through on their way) and the full video shows them being told to get inside about 25 times. Haven’t seen the whole thing, but I’ll defer to the local on this.
    Do as you're told like a good little boy, the state knows what is best

Page 16 of 153 FirstFirst ... 614151617182666116 ... LastLast