Page 133 of 153 FirstFirst ... 3383123131132133134135143 ... LastLast
Results 1,321 to 1,330 of 1528

Thread: Philadelphia protests turning violent; what's happening in your AOR?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Helicopter with C4 in 3....2....

Being West Philly this could only improve it, although 52st is a "commercial corridor"

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Arik View Post
    Helicopter with C4 in 3....2....

Being West Philly this could only improve it, although 52st is a "commercial corridor"

I used to work with a guy from Philly.
    He told me the Military was the only reason he made it out of Philly alive, it's just not even habitable by humans anymore.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Averageman View Post
    He told me the Military was the only reason he made it out of Philly alive, it's just not even habitable by humans anymore.
    I don't know about all that. Depends on what he was doing prior to the military? Going to school vs hanging around with the wrong crowd. Also depends on when this was. 80s through the 90s there was A LOT of areas that were no go zones. You had Center City, which was like the green zone, surrounded by no-man's-land with a few smaller green zones and then the northern suburban like section. Today the city has largely been gentrified. Northern Liberties section was one of those no-man's-land and today you need to literally be a millionaire unless you want to rent 12sqft for $350k. In the 90s Girard Ave looked like the Sadam's "highway of death". Today all upper middle class - upper class. Of course that doesn't mean it's the whole entire city. There's still sections that are bad, some very bad but it's nowhere near what it was.

What is shown in the news is probably a few blocks at most in one small section of the city.

Last edited by Arik; 10-27-20 at 09:05.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Averageman View Post
    There are some areas that are like that: Olney, Fishtown, and much of the area around Temple University. The ghettos there are some of the worst in the country. Kudos to your friend for making it out of those neighborhoods.

However, I have to disagree with your friend about his assessment of the entire city. There are a lot of nice areas to live there; my brother-in-law and his wife lived there for a number of years; they recently moved but only to be closer to his work. They would have preferred to stay in the city. I've spent a LOT of time in that city, both visiting and working, and honestly, I really like Philly. It suffers from the same problem that a lot of big cities have: They get defined by their shittiest areas and biggest problems.

I fear that the city is going to become uninhabitable, however, with the riots and their DA acting as BLM/Antifa's inside man.
    Last edited by BoringGuy45; 10-27-20 at 09:12.
    Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who do not.-Ben Franklin

there’s some good in this world, Mr. Frodo. And it’s worth fighting for.-Samwise Gamgee

Feedback Score
    ***Double Tap***
    Last edited by BoringGuy45; 10-27-20 at 09:11.
    Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who do not.-Ben Franklin

there’s some good in this world, Mr. Frodo. And it’s worth fighting for.-Samwise Gamgee

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Arik View Post
    I don't know about all that. Depends on what he was doing prior to the military? Going to school vs hanging around with the wrong crowd. Also depends on when this was. 80s through the 90s there was A LOT of areas that were no go zones. You had Center City, which was like the green zone, surrounded by no-man's-land with a few smaller green zones and then the northern suburban like section. Today the city has largely been gentrified. Northern Liberties section was one of those no-man's-land and today you need to literally be a millionaire unless you want to rent 12sqft for $350k. In the 90s Girard Ave looked like the Sadam's "highway of death". Today all upper middle class - upper class. Of course that doesn't mean it's the whole entire city. There's still sections that are bad, some very bad but it's nowhere near what it was.

What is shown in the news is probably a few blocks at most in one small section of the city.

I lived and trained in Philly throughout the 80's and I lived on Girard between 28th and 29th st. One was fine unless you stood out in terms of wealth. Never had any trouble myself due to my lack of wealth no doubt. One side of Girard was OK, the side close to Kelly drive, but I never went to the other side of the street.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by BoringGuy45 View Post
    Pretty much. The narrative would be that the police "didn't do enough to deescalate the situation" and that if the attackers were white, the police most certainly would have.
    ... and that if the attackers were white, they were obviously racist and deserved to be shot.

Get the narrative Correct, please.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Yep. We're down to not even being able to shoot psychotic armed people charging at you with knives anymore.

Not enough people in this country know what it’s like to have been punched in the face and it shows.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Pretty much. The narrative would be that the police "didn't do enough to deescalate the situation" and that if the attackers were white, the police most certainly would have.
    Unfortunately there’s a common denominator in a this and it’s not trigger happy cops. But nobody wants to call a spade a spade.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by jpmuscle View Post
    Not enough people in this country know what it’s like to have been punched in the face and it shows.

It should be legal for me to attack some people with a knife. Y’know, a lesson in social distancing.
    RLTW

“What’s New” button, but without GD: https://www.m4carbine.net/search.php...new&exclude=60 , courtesy of ST911.

Disclosure: I am affiliated PRN with a tactical training center, but I speak only for myself. I have no idea what we sell, other than CLP and training. I receive no income from sale of hard goods.

Page 133 of 153 FirstFirst ... 3383123131132133134135143 ... LastLast