Page 1 of 153 1231151101 ... LastLast

Thread: Philadelphia protests turning violent; what's happening in your AOR?

Feedback Score

Philadelphia protests turning violent; what's happening in your AOR?

Working in the Bureau's Phila office operations center tonight and seeing multiple police cars burning, protesters hopping all over the PPD's armored vehicles, three (so far) officers suffered chemical burns to the eyes as protesters have chemicals in water guns, trying to burn the Rizzo statue, tore into a TD bank, siege at the municipal services building??, all around city hall, smaller group just left liberty bell area. No real response from police that we've observed other than some non-lethal such as OC from officers in the armored car. Oddly enough, heard PPD put out a description of a guy who was open carrying an AR15, had a permit and they left him alone.
    Bureau restricting any employees coming in that are not part of incident response so it looks like I'm in for a long night...
    Last edited by rocsteady; 05-30-20 at 16:48. Reason: ommission
    "Why "zombies"? Because calling it 'training to stop a rioting, starving, panicking, desperate mob after a complete governmental financial collapse apocalypse' is just too wordy." or in light of current events: training to stop a rioting, looting, molotov cocktail throwing, skinny jeans wearing, uneducated bunch of lemmings duped by, or working directly for, a marxist organization attempting to tear down America while hiding behind a race-based name

Feedback Score
    There was a protest in Nashville today but it was reportedly peaceful. Good on those involved for keeping it that way.
    11C2P '83-'87
    Airborne Infantry
    F**k China!

Feedback Score
    64 (98%)
    Getting pretty ugly in Louisville, KY. We had a really bad police involved shooting a couple weeks before all this started so it was already pretty tense here.
    Tell my tale to those who ask. Tell it truly; the ill deeds along with the good, and let me be judged accordingly.

Feedback Score
    I know a number of Philly cops, including a friend I used to work with as a CO. Sending prayers!
    Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who do not.-Ben Franklin

there’s some good in this world, Mr. Frodo. And it’s worth fighting for.-Samwise Gamgee

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    35 miles south of downtown LA. All quiet, looks like a normal quiet Saturday with people shopping and going about their biz. LA on the other hand might blow up any minute like it has in the past.

Feedback Score
    Now it's turned to City Hall and widespread vandalism and looting, Apple Store, a Starbucks and a TD bank among the early victims. Only gets worse as the sun sets has been my experience.
    "Why "zombies"? Because calling it 'training to stop a rioting, starving, panicking, desperate mob after a complete governmental financial collapse apocalypse' is just too wordy." or in light of current events: training to stop a rioting, looting, molotov cocktail throwing, skinny jeans wearing, uneducated bunch of lemmings duped by, or working directly for, a marxist organization attempting to tear down America while hiding behind a race-based name

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    Pretty sporty in Fayetteville, NC now. Smashing windows downtown, and a few stores shut down around 1230est before the protest started.
    "Warriors"

Out of every 100 men, ten shouldn't even be there, eighty are just targets. Nine are the real fighters and we are lucky to have them for they make the battle. Ah, but the one...one is a Warrior, and he will bring all the others back.

-Heraclitis

Feedback Score
    You guys stay frosty. I have a feeling that last night everywhere was just the warm-up.
    U.S. Army vet. -- Retired 25 year LEO.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Det-Sog View Post
    You guys stay frosty. I have a feeling that last night everywhere was just the warm-up.
    I'm loading mags right now...I kid, they were already loaded.

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    I'm checking out Twitter and it seems like every five minutes a new city is trending because of violence.

Salt Lake City? For real? You know shit just got real when SLC is having riots.
    Experience is a cruel teacher, gives the exam first and then the lesson.

Page 1 of 153 1231151101 ... LastLast