Page 140 of 153 FirstFirst ... 4090130138139140141142150 ... LastLast
Results 1,391 to 1,400 of 1528

Thread: Philadelphia protests turning violent; what's happening in your AOR?

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Arik View Post
    Bingo! Except maybe before Sylvester there was Timney.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk
    Timney was a cops cop...a lot of folks really liked him and he was very visible..not sure why he left but probably tired of the BS

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by pag23 View Post
    Lol..they are strict with the uniform, especially the hat... I got pulled over once ( no ticket just a warning) and the cop spent a few seconds or more making sure his hat and looked correct before getting out of the car....he was very polite and professional though..
    I was a cop in one of the Montco municipalities very nearby to LM; let's just say it was one of the ones that was the total opposite to either Upper or Lower Marion (you probably have an idea of which one). None of us would have lasted long at LMPD because we got our uniforms too dirty actually taking down bad guys. What we knew from LMPD officers is that most are miserable; they have to be super polite because that town is so rich and everybody knows all the big wigs there, in Philly, in Harrisburg, and NYC and DC. They expect the cops to look perfect because that's what they envision. The uniform policies are unbendable, even when responding to emergencies. Guys have LITERALLY gotten bounced from that PD for jumping out of their cruisers to chance suspects and forgetting to put on their hats. And, if you piss off the wrong person in Lower Marion, you'll not only never be a cop again, but you'll have trouble even finding a job at Walmart!
    Last edited by BoringGuy45; 10-29-20 at 19:43.
    Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who do not.-Ben Franklin

there’s some good in this world, Mr. Frodo. And it’s worth fighting for.-Samwise Gamgee

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Timney was a cops cop...a lot of folks really liked him and he was very visible..not sure why he left but probably tired of the BS
    Met him once. Back in 99 I was assigned to his security detail. I'm not a cop and never was and don't pretend to be one. But at the time my side gig landed me on his outer perimeter detail for a day at a motorcycle rally in honor of officer Daniel Faulkner. He walked up to me and started BS'ing like we were old friends. I was about 20 and he was in his 50s, I'm guessing. Very likable guy. I knew he was born in Ireland but wasn't expecting a thick Irish accent

Last edited by Arik; 10-29-20 at 20:31.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by BoringGuy45 View Post
    I was a cop in one of the Montco municipalities very nearby to LM; let's just say it was one of the ones that was the total opposite to either Upper or Lower Marion (you probably have an idea of which one). None of us would have lasted long at LMPD because we got our uniforms too dirty actually taking down bad guys.
    52?..

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by TheTick View Post
    52?..
    We have a winner!

Our pajama-looking uniform shirts would probably get booed and hissed out of LM even when they were clean
    Last edited by BoringGuy45; 10-29-20 at 20:36.
    Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who do not.-Ben Franklin

there’s some good in this world, Mr. Frodo. And it’s worth fighting for.-Samwise Gamgee

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Bingo! Except maybe before Sylvester there was Timney.

FYI, its "Timoney"
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_T...olice_officer)
    Gettin' down innagrass.
    Let's Go Brandon!

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Lol..they are strict with the uniform, especially the hat... I got pulled over once ( no ticket just a warning) and the cop spent a few seconds or more making sure his hat and looked correct before getting out of the car....he was very polite and professional though..
    Command presence is real thing to be certain. But not being a pretentious douchebag who can actually fight if the situation dictates such more bestest.

But lol at that extreme dress right dress nonsense.

#failureofleadership

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by titsonritz View Post
    I blame Arik for spelling....he must have stopped at John's Roast Pork before posting...

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Met him once. Back in 99 I was assigned to his security detail. I'm not a cop and never was and don't pretend to be one. But at the time my side gig landed me on his outer perimeter detail for a day at a motorcycle rally in honor of officer Daniel Faulkner. He walked up to me and started BS'ing like we were old friends. I was about 20 and he was in his 50s, I'm guessing. Very likable guy. I knew he was born in Ireland but wasn't expecting a thick Irish accent

Awesome story! I have been out of Philly for more than half my life, but know a few on the force and my work territory incorporates the area. I like stopping down visiting and doing a little shopping in a few areas but get out of town before 2 or 3pm. I can't believe the amount of trash and graffiti that has been increasing...

Feedback Score
    "No significant events overnight" from PPD radio this morning. Heavy rain kept the animals at bay, almost nothing of note. State Police showed up in force for tonight and National Guard deploying to key infrastructure spots starting today as well. Press conference with federal, state and local partners yesterday claiming that any further criminal activity outside of peaceful protesting will not be tolerated and will be prosecuted with federal charges. We shall see as rain supposed to stop before noon today.
    Last edited by rocsteady; 10-30-20 at 08:29.
    "Why "zombies"? Because calling it 'training to stop a rioting, starving, panicking, desperate mob after a complete governmental financial collapse apocalypse' is just too wordy." or in light of current events: training to stop a rioting, looting, molotov cocktail throwing, skinny jeans wearing, uneducated bunch of lemmings duped by, or working directly for, a marxist organization attempting to tear down America while hiding behind a race-based name

Page 140 of 153 FirstFirst ... 4090130138139140141142150 ... LastLast