Page 101 of 153 FirstFirst ... 519199100101102103111151 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,010 of 1528

Thread: Philadelphia protests turning violent; what's happening in your AOR?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by okie View Post
    How do explain the cops arresting the driver of that car? He didn’t do anything whatsoever. Whereas the driver of the truck committed several felonies.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Do you know the full facts of the case? Because unlike BLM/Antifa, I like to know exactly what's going on before I make a call on what was going on.
    Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who do not.-Ben Franklin

there’s some good in this world, Mr. Frodo. And it’s worth fighting for.-Samwise Gamgee

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by BoringGuy45 View Post
    I didn't say there weren't bad cops. I said that law enforcement isn't a haven for leftism. Most cops out there aren't being lapdogs for the left.
    But are these are bad cops getting shunned like the one shitbag in an Army platoon?

Do you know the full facts of the case? Because unlike BLM/Antifa, I like to know exactly what's going on before I make a call on what was going on.
    By that logic everyone one involved should be in cuffs, not just the prius driver.
    Last edited by vicious_cb; 09-26-20 at 00:11.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Have you actually seen the video? I’m sincerely hoping you haven’t...

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by vicious_cb View Post
    But these are bad cops getting shunned like the one shitbag in an Army platoon?
    How am I supposed to know? I'm not working with them. But I can tell you that if that happened at my old PD, they WOULD be shunned. And, in the jail, the hug-a-thug COs were social pariahs.
    Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who do not.-Ben Franklin

there’s some good in this world, Mr. Frodo. And it’s worth fighting for.-Samwise Gamgee

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by okie View Post
    Have you actually seen the video? I’m sincerely hoping you haven’t...

The Prius driver wasn't arrested or charged.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I guess it’s the part where they put him in cuffs that threw me. I’m getting pretty fed up with these semantic shenanigans these days.

They watched it happen then chased down and put the victim in cuffs while letting the bad guys go.

And whether he’s going to be charged or not remains to be seen. If it weren’t all on video, he probably would be. This is one of those rare circumstances where we actually have context.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I can speak from firsthand experience and say that PDs are NOT hotbeds for liberal activism. Not even close. Soros may have bought some of the police chiefs, but the vast majority of officers below the administrative ranks (Lieutenant and above) are very conservative. I worked in two departments and I have numerous contacts in various PDs around the areas in which I've lived. There are a few who lean left, yes, but that's to be expected.

The cops who cause most of the problems for the right are the mercenary types: They are pretty much apolitical and tend to be misanthropic. They care for nothing but doing the job they're paid to do. If their bosses want them to arrest Antifa, they'll arrest Antifa. If their bosses want them to arrest right wing protesters, they'll arrest them. They'll tell you that when they took the job, they left their opinions at the door and are completely neutral about everything.
    Define “Conservative”.

Most people below the uppity ranks just want to do their time and go home. In dealing with the usual stuff perpetrated by the usual suspects; they do seem more cynical and jaded but it’s a bit of a stretch to assume they are going to vote “the right way”.

I keep it real, the days of the 6 foot white Cop with the loving wife and children died years ago. In fact, the system is very much favored towards black, Hispanic, and female applicants. On service exams and background checks.

It’s not the job where a guy who didn’t want to go to college or maybe is trying to find himself after a hitch in the army goes. I have been at this almost 20 years. I have seen the change. It hasn’t gotten better. Things are actually worse. Socially, politically, internally, etc.

Tossing more blacks and women at it is along the same logic as giving the police more guns.

Now, NOW, they are actually trying to get more homosexuals involved because everyone has a community now. And I guess they think each community needs an Uncle Tom.

Used to they just wanted someone who could write a report, be credible in court, and stomp ass if need be.

I can tell you that a lot of folks are most certainly not voting Republican.

I’m at a point in my life and career that it doesn’t affect me. But Law Enforcement is just not the enclave it used to be for better or worse.

To be quite honest, I actively tell people that if you are joining to play with guns or be a do-gooder then you are wasting your time. Most pensions aren’t worth shit. It’s harder to raise a family on the single income. And most people hate you.

The beau geste days are over. They aren’’t coming back. I’m glad I got to experience them but nah. The only reason I haven’t moved on is because I am too lazy and the economy is too fcked. And I don’t feel like going back to more school.

So, don’t paint with a broad brush like that. Don’t confuse cynicism with conservatism.

Truth be told, I voted Trump in 2016 thinking it was gonna be like having another Reagan.

I’m only voting Trump now just because I hate everyone else and the devil you know is better than the devil you don’t. Cities are burning, he doesn’t have a handle on it, 3rd world shithole people are comfortably moving in, H1-B pajeetpass is very much protected thereby securing cheap coders (this one hurts me because in a past life, I was a programmer. That was the point of my degree. And now, it’s worthless. You can’t compete with the cheap 3rd world. Any software you get, you are just beta testing for free), racial division is at its worst in a century, censorship has surpassed anything ever before seen, and the mob rules.

But at least we got an Embassy in Jerusalem and a hawkish Japan.

We’re still in hock to the Red Chinese.

Ugh
    Last edited by Firefly; 09-25-20 at 16:52.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
    In fact, the system is very much favored towards black, Hispanic, and female applicants. On service exams and background checks.
    How is that not illegal discrimination? Are denied applicants challenging this in court?

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Disciple View Post
    How is that not illegal discrimination? Are denied applicants challenging this in court?
    You hush now. That's white entitlement thinking and looking for equality.

/sarcasm
    "Warriors"

Out of every 100 men, ten shouldn't even be there, eighty are just targets. Nine are the real fighters and we are lucky to have them for they make the battle. Ah, but the one...one is a Warrior, and he will bring all the others back.

-Heraclitis

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    He wasn't arrested, but they have his info and he could be charged. Same with the pickup truck driver who had a similar experience with the crowd earlier, the one who hit a rioter, not the one who blocked the Prius. The police evidently have his info too. They can still charge them at some point. Will be interesting to see what comes of it.
    Last edited by mrbieler; 09-25-20 at 19:21.
    - Jeff

“Every record has been destroyed or falsified, every book rewritten, every picture has been repainted, every statue and street building has been renamed, every date has been altered. And the process is continuing day by day and minute by minute. History has stopped. Nothing exists except an endless present in which the Party is always right.” ― George Orwell, 1984

Page 101 of 153 FirstFirst ... 519199100101102103111151 ... LastLast