Page 134 of 153 FirstFirst ... 3484124132133134135136144 ... LastLast
Results 1,331 to 1,340 of 1528

Thread: Philadelphia protests turning violent; what's happening in your AOR?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Averageman View Post
    I used to work with a guy from Philly.
    He told me the Military was the only reason he made it out of Philly alive, it's just not even habitable by humans anymore.
    Waaay back in '97-'98 or so when I drove OTR..I took a load to a Service Merchandise distribution center in Philly.
    Got in there as I recall about 0100 or so. The "guard" at the gate said I need to come on in and sleep in a fenced off area, as we were in "Crip/Blood territory". So, another driver & I went to the area, fence had a hole in it you could literally drive a car thru. Ive always felt that "guard" was tryin to set us up to be robbed.
    Fortunately-the other guy had a 1911, and we sat up chattin on the CB until dock time.
    As we came out that morning right at dawn- I couldnt believe my eyes. I thought we were in Beruit Lebanon or something. Burnt out cars EVERYWHERE. Trash galore. Rotten, falling in buildings and complete, utter filth & devestation.
    That was way back then. Saw it many many more times after that. NO ONE can tell me that city & many others arent utter & complete failures.
    The obedient always think of themselves as virtuous rather than the cowards they really are.

Feedback Score
    Wasn't Charlottesville all about someone driving through a crowd? And this will be off the news in 24 hours...
    The Second Amendment ACKNOWLEDGES our right to own and bear arms that are in common use that can be used for lawful purposes. The arms can be restricted ONLY if subject to historical analogue from the founding era or is dangerous (unsafe) AND unusual.

It's that simple.

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by jpmuscle View Post
    "Hand to hand combat" trained cops, that's a laugh.
    Gettin' down innagrass.
    Let's Go Brandon!

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by titsonritz View Post
    Could you imagine the bricks left in the town hall toilets if a police chief included "Hand to Hand Combat Training" in the budget request?
    Last edited by AndyLate; 10-27-20 at 16:59.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Arik View Post
    I don't know about all that. Depends on what he was doing prior to the military? Going to school vs hanging around with the wrong crowd. Also depends on when this was. 80s through the 90s there was A LOT of areas that were no go zones. You had Center City, which was like the green zone, surrounded by no-man's-land with a few smaller green zones and then the northern suburban like section. Today the city has largely been gentrified. Northern Liberties section was one of those no-man's-land and today you need to literally be a millionaire unless you want to rent 12sqft for $350k. In the 90s Girard Ave looked like the Sadam's "highway of death". Today all upper middle class - upper class. Of course that doesn't mean it's the whole entire city. There's still sections that are bad, some very bad but it's nowhere near what it was.

What is shown in the news is probably a few blocks at most in one small section of the city.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk
    We are close to the same age, but he's a bit younger and thus he would have left to join the military around '83.
    He explained to me that he didn't get a choice, he was recruited. you didn't get a choice, this is how much money you need to give up every day.
    He was a light welter weight and had fast hands and reach and was a competent boxer. I was a heavy welter weight and was on my way out that door, I just wasn't good enough.
    He told me about doing strong arm robberies and how bad that made him feel. How he "Found the Lord" and changed his life did a sneaky deal and rolled out via the US Army.
    We had things in common in the military and raising a family after the military. He had a rather "stone face" and was very Christian, it was a good day when I could make him laugh out loud.
    It's a life I will never understand.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by BoringGuy45 View Post
    There are some areas that are like that: Olney, Fishtown, and much of the area around Temple University. The ghettos there are some of the worst in the country. Kudos to your friend for making it out of those neighborhoods.

However, I have to disagree with your friend about his assessment of the entire city. There are a lot of nice areas to live there; my brother-in-law and his wife lived there for a number of years; they recently moved but only to be closer to his work. They would have preferred to stay in the city. I've spent a LOT of time in that city, both visiting and working, and honestly, I really like Philly. It suffers from the same problem that a lot of big cities have: They get defined by their shittiest areas and biggest problems.

I fear that the city is going to become uninhabitable, however, with the riots and their DA acting as BLM/Antifa's inside man.
    Been a while since you've been here? Tons of new construction, new bars, restaurants, new condos and townhomes. Even the old townhomes are remodeled and rebuilt. Granted not every single street...yet. but it's already too late to get on on the cheap real estate.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by titsonritz View Post
    > Literally trained in hand to hand combat
    > Police need better training

WHICH IS IT

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 1986s4 View Post
    I lived and trained in Philly throughout the 80's and I lived on Girard between 28th and 29th st. One was fine unless you stood out in terms of wealth. Never had any trouble myself due to my lack of wealth no doubt. One side of Girard was OK, the side close to Kelly drive, but I never went to the other side of the street.
    It goes east to West through the whole city. I'm taking about N. Philly, Kensington, the I95 corridor. I don't have a lot of experience with Western Philly. I'm on the east side

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    > Literally trained in hand to hand combat
    > Police need better training

WHICH IS IT

This. In. Spades.

>oh teh noez. Cops are thinking they are practically HRT with fancy guns and learning BJJ. We need to ban chokeholds and certain takedown techniques. Someone could get hurt!
    >Cops can’t even take down one black guy. Pussies

Mfw

Police Department is downtown as is the Sheriffs Office. Be the change you want to see.

Lemme guess:
    -Too educated
    -Have a “real job”
    -wasn’t bullied in High School
    -“Don’t trust the gooberment duuur”
    -“They just can’t pay me enough”

Excuses are like assholes....

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Not enough people in this country know what it’s like to have been punched in the face and it shows.

They are forgetting the dudes criminal record...how convenient.

Page 134 of 153 FirstFirst ... 3484124132133134135136144 ... LastLast