Page 23 of 153 FirstFirst ... 1321222324253373123 ... LastLast

Thread: Philadelphia protests turning violent; what's happening in your AOR?

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Evidently the Rangers of today are the same murderous swine as their murderous swine predecessors. They should be completely defunded to heal the nation of it's all the time, everywhere racism... its definitely as bad or even worse than in the days of Jim Crow. Just ask certain people on this board, you'll get the truth.

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    I can't tell if you are Boog or Antifa but you are definitely here to gas this board Univibe.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ryanm View Post
    I can't tell if you are Boog or Antifa but you are definitely here to gas this board Univibe.
    This is like acquiescing to claims branding the Tea Party movement as alt right (a made up pejorative mind you by the left in order to flip the narrative) and therefore a right wing hate group by a default.

Pure fallacy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    46 (100%)
    This thread is exactly why we can't have nice things. I am am truly sick toi death of the way some of you slander folks you have never met, or organizations you know nothing about.

Univibe - you and others would be well served to look up the racial composition of the Texas Rangers these days. You in particular have a history of making statements on this board without any basis in fact. I'd strongly encourage you to read one hell of a lot more, and post an awful lot less.

Particularly if you wish to remain a member here. That's not a threat, by the way. Please feel free to ponder that for the new few weeks.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I'm not gassing anybody. I'm saying that there are a lot of nuances here; and whoever's uncomfortable with facts has to resort to myths. Would you prefer Texas Ranger facts, or Texas Ranger myths?

One more: the issue of police- community relations goes beyond race. Plenty of whites are victims of the same kind of treatment. What about that? Do we address a solely racial problem, or is there also a police problem?

Another: all those Confederate statues and memorials they want to remove? Were they put up after the Civil War? Not at all. The vast majority were set up between 1890 and 1920, long after most of the Civil War generation was gone. Why should that be?

History is complex.

Feedback Score
    I am very sad at this news, of the removal of the Ranger.

I am tired of idiots that judge the past with the PC mind set of today.

I am against tearing down statues, we have some part of the history of this great country that we must remember for if we don't at some point in the future G-D forbid we might repeat some sad chapters.

Feedback Score
    46 (100%)
    Sigh. Another saying we have in Texas is "Don't double down on stupid".

For those unfamiliar with the Texas Rangers, they spend the vast majority of their time investigating political corruption, and assisting local law enforcement with investigative resources. They frequently serve as an outside review in cases that are highly visible and politically charged, such as shootings, bribery of public officals, etc.

But that's not sexy, doesn't sell politically-slanted books, and does not get web-clicks.

Feedback Score
    Back in South Florida from NY just in time for the protests planned for tomorrow 6/6 in downtown Miami, and basically almost all major cities .... Any place in the US not having protests?

At one point, I thought that given the tremendous size of this nation, events in Seattle /LA would not have major impact in NY/NC/GA etc.....DAMN was I ever wrong. But then again, I was thinking about isolated weather issues, hurricanes in FL, tornadoes in the Midwest and the like; not the mass coordinated planned insurgency of sorts that is transpiring now.

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Evel Baldgui View Post
    Back in South Florida from NY just in time for the protests planned for tomorrow 6/6 in downtown Miami, and basically almost all major cities .... Any place in the US not having protests?

At one point, I thought that given the tremendous size of this nation, events in Seattle /LA would not have major impact in NY/NC/GA etc.....DAMN was I ever wrong. But then again, I was thinking about isolated weather issues, hurricanes in FL, tornadoes in the Midwest and the like; not the mass coordinated planned insurgency of sorts that is transpiring now.
    We've had protests in a town of 51,000 twice in the last two weeks. Last night was super peaceful, and about 200 or so protesters marched down our main downtown street to the courthouse. BUT, a few large sprinter vans full of people wearing black showed up. Looked around and saw the main drag lined with armed people, and decided to leave.

I firmly believe there is strong funding here. Someone is paying for antifa to show up in small ass towns in Idaho and attempt chaos.
    98% Sarcastic. 100% Overthinking things and making up reasons for buying a new firearm.

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by jpmuscle View Post
    This is like acquiescing to claims branding the Tea Party movement as alt right (a made up pejorative mind you by the left in order to flip the narrative) and therefore a right wing hate group by a default.

Pure fallacy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Don't forget, Hawaiian shirts are now "Alt Right"
    Experience is a cruel teacher, gives the exam first and then the lesson.

Page 23 of 153 FirstFirst ... 1321222324253373123 ... LastLast