Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: S&W 686+3"bbl vs 66-8 2.75"bbl

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Crow Hunter View Post
    It would not be anything that I would be using on a "normal" basis. If I am carrying it is almost always either a G19 or a G42 (or both).

I do like the idea of having a 38/.357 around though for trigger control practice but I would also like it to have a functional use too. I don't want to get another one that is just going to sit in the safe for years. So if I could get something that was capable of being a CCW weapon if called upon as well as being a dry fire/trigger control trainer that would be ideal and "worth it" to me.
    In that case I would go with the 2.75" 66-8 and send it off for trigger work so there's no 'mystery' as to whether or not the action is good.

Feedback Score
    If the recoil of mild .38 special from a steel revolver causes pain you should shoot lighter bullets for less recoil.

By that I mean you should be looking at .327 Magnum and .32 H&R Magnum revolvers. I dont reccomend firing the .327 as that will hurt you more than .38, but the .32 Mag and .32 S&W Long will be far more enjoyable for you.

Speed loaders and loading strips are available.

Feedback Score
    I own one revolver a Ruger security 6 with a colt Python barrel on it, it was built by Davis company and has the best action of any revolver I have ever shot. I never shoot it, I never carry it.

I would carry your Glocks and be done with it. Put a quality red dot on it, your shooting will improve as dry firing with RDS is great.

Feedback Score
    I just picked up a 3 inch Model 629, now there's recoil!
    Last edited by diving dave; 08-14-20 at 09:20.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12