Thread: Trying to help a friend find out value of Browning Auto 5 collection

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)

Trying to help a friend find out value of Browning Auto 5 collection

Old friend just inherited these
    They are new in the box and to his knowledge they've never been taken out of the box or had the barrels affixed to their receivers.
    My guess is that these would probably have the most value as a set as there is one of each 12/20/16 but I don't know a thing about shotguns.
    Thanks for any help.

Feedback Score
    11 (92%)
    I believe trying to sell them as a set won't get him anymore $$ but it may get them sold quicker. Many collectors will buy all of them to get the one they want. You need to get them to someone with a good reputation and the ability to network on GunBroker. I can get you a name or two if you want.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by GH41 View Post
    I believe trying to sell them as a set won't get him anymore $$ but it may get them sold quicker. Many collectors will buy all of them to get the one they want. You need to get them to someone with a good reputation and the ability to network on GunBroker. I can get you a name or two if you want.
    Thanks for the offer, that would be great I'm in TX and he's in AZ so I can't help him directly.

Feedback Score
    I have had pretty good success buying & selling on Armslist.com Once you get them priced out I would suggest throwing them up on there as well. I recently sold an A5 Light 12 and felt like there is still a pretty good market for them. With these being apparently brand new and never opened, I would say your friend should do pretty well. If I'm reading the SN correctly they were made in 1988. Good luck

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by FJCowboy View Post
    I have had pretty good success buying & selling on Armslist.com Once you get them priced out I would suggest throwing them up on there as well. I recently sold an A5 Light 12 and felt like there is still a pretty good market for them. With these being apparently brand new and never opened, I would say your friend should do pretty well. If I'm reading the SN correctly they were made in 1988. Good luck
    Thanks for the suggestion....based on what he told me the date frame that you mention makes sense.