Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: EOTech Parasitic Power Drain?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    They're supposed to have some parasitic drain. I owned an Exps3 for at least 2 1/2 years and never had to change the battery in it. I didn't use it often.

Feedback Score
    I purchased my EXPS2-0 11-17 after the redesign or whatever they did. I have it on a Colt 6720 that doesn’t get shot a bunch but is still on the original batteries. So 31 months and still going strong.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by TWR View Post
    I purchased my EXPS2-0 11-17 after the redesign or whatever they did. I have it on a Colt 6720 that doesn’t get shot a bunch but is still on the original batteries. So 31 months and still going strong.
    Bought my XPS3-2 last December, still on original batteries.

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    That was one of those known issues IIRC but it was intermittent. Bet they’ll fix it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    49 (100%)
    I started running the EOTech Green last year and I'm still operating on the same battery, albeit I don't think enough time has passed to justify any significant battery drain while powered down, and I do power it up and shoot it quite often. It's not a carbine I keep in readiness condition one for HD, so I'm not concerned if I need it to power up right away and spare batteries should be stored somewhere on the rifle anyway. I don't or have ever had any issues with any EOTech I've privately owned, but some guys seem have nothing but bad luck with them. That's really too bad because I don't think a lot of people would dispute its advantage in a close quarters fight.

Last edited by Boba Fett v2; 07-06-20 at 10:21.
    "People have always been stupid. The Internet just makes it easier for us to know about them." - donlapalma

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Mine is still chunking along fine. I didn't pull the battery to test its remaining capacity. I don't know why I still keep an EO after all their problems... I guess I just like it as a reference optic.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    Mine doesn’t draw down like it did before I sent it back for the upgraded internals

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12